TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Us v Hunslet

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Why does Holty keep taking Mossop off?
Cannot weigh up this hooker rotation trend unless you have two great number 9s !!!!! Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!

I agree I thought mossop run the show in first half and verysurpr ised when he didn't start second half

#42 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

I didn't state Casey was useless, I stated he didn't have a running game which a lot of halves don't have at this level.

But you need 2 decent half backs that are good at running with the ball for the team to be good... Somet we don't have hence why we struggle

#43 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

The league table is now:
Fev         51 points
Sheff       49
Fax          47
Leigh       43
Batley      43
Haven      33
Dews       31
Town        29
Dony         27
Keighley    27
RAIDERS  24
York         23
Hunslet    21
Swinton    20

Barrow still have to play
28/7   Donny  away
4/8     Fax  home
11/8   Batley  away
18/8   Town  home
22/8   Swinton  away
1/9     Keighley  home

We will need oxygen being so high up the table :-)

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#44 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Got to give hunslet a lot of credit for coming out and having a go to go in at halftime and 24 points down and then play like they did 2nd half takes some doing.I reckon the team should only watch the 2nd half and in a away it might just work in our favour with it ending up a tight contest.thought the 2 new lads performed well full back took everything on the full and the centre was what we needed a bit of size and he didn't look short on confidence credit to arron low because that last ditch tackle saved the result for barra.

#45 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

It was fairly obvious that Hunslet were going to come out in that second half and throw absolutely everything they could at us and, credit to them, they did. We, on the other hand, were absolutely brainless at times: Why the hell we never took the opportunity to put two points on the board late on to make it 30-26, I'll never know. All it ended up in was yet more lost ball on the third tackle and us under pressure again.

Suicidal rugby, but at least we came away with the points. I said at the start of the game I'd settle for a one point victory, but NOT from being 28-6 up!!! We can't afford to play that badly against Donny, Halifax and Batley or we'll get absolutely murdered.

I hope that when the video is watched, Holt doesn't just look at the woeful individual mistakes, but also looks at the timing of his substitutions as I'm sure that some of these were at least partially responsible for the total loss of momentum. No use spelling people for spelling's sake! Coaching-by-numbers, rather than reacting to circumstances. Keep your best players on for as long as possible.

#46 goudie

goudie
  • Coach
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

It was fairly obvious that Hunslet were going to come out in that second half and throw absolutely everything they could at us and, credit to them, they did. We, on the other hand, were absolutely brainless at times: Why the hell we never took the opportunity to put two points on the board late on to make it 30-26, I'll never know. All it ended up in was yet more lost ball on the third tackle and us under pressure again.

Suicidal rugby, but at least we came away with the points. I said at the start of the game I'd settle for a one point victory, but NOT from being 28-6 up!!! We can't afford to play that badly against Donny, Halifax and Batley or we'll get absolutely murdered.

I hope that when the video is watched, Holt doesn't just look at the woeful individual mistakes, but also looks at the timing of his substitutions as I'm sure that some of these were at least partially responsible for the total loss of momentum. No use spelling people for spelling's sake! Coaching-by-numbers, rather than reacting to circumstances. Keep your best players on for as long as possible.

BANG ON.!!

The second half was likened to a rabbit and a headlamp.!! They looked shattered, Granted it was very warm,But its the same for both sides.

They looked like a big unit, But gladly we held out.!!!

Well Done also for the new guy's.Top drawer.

Goudie.

:tongue:

Posted Image

BARROW RAIDER's
CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER's
NORTHERN RAIL CUP FINALIST's
CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL WINNER's

Stevo say's: I cant see anything but a win for Castleford!!!

#47 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

What's worrying is apart from dewsbury at home, every other win has been by 2 points

#48 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

What's worrying is apart from dewsbury at home, every other win has been by 2 points

We beat Swinton 36-16

Posted Image

#49 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

I think you guys will be safe this season. I think keighley and swinton will go down. Keighleys run in now is really hard their remaining games are against the top 8 clubs.

#50 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

But you need 2 decent half backs that are good at running with the ball for the team to be good... Somet we don't have hence why we struggle

No you don't. Check the side who have won the most Grand Finals in the last 5 years and see if their half back has a good running game.

#51 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Just heard from a very good source that Toaly's in hospital with a suspected broken jaw which was sustained during yesterday's game. :shout:  :( 

Posted Image

#52 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

I heard that mentioned this morning. Was it that high tackle that wasn't seen by the ref.

Posted Image

#53 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

his jaw isnt broken just badly bruised....hes used to that lol

Lee Morton

#54 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think you guys will be safe this season. I think keighley and swinton will go down. Keighleys run in now is really hard their remaining games are against the top 8 clubs.

do you know what sort of run in the bottom 3 clubs have

#55 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Barrow - Donny (a), Fax (h), Batley (a), Worky (h), Swinton (a) & Keighley (h)

York - Fax (a), Sheff (h), Swinton (a), Hunslet (h), Worky (a), Batley (h) & Donny (a)

Hunslet - Leigh (h), Dewsbury (a), Worky (h), York (a), Sheff (a) & Featherstone (h)

Swinton - Featherstone (h), Leigh (a), York (h), Dewsbury (a), Barrow (h) & Haven (a)

Also

Keighley - Sheff (a), Batley (h), Haven (a), Featherstone (h), Fax (h), Barrow (a) & Worky (a)

Donny - Barrow (h), Haven (h), Fax (a), Swinton (h), Dewsbury (a), Sheff (a) & York (h)

Lee Morton

#56 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Barrow - Donny (a), Fax (h), Batley (a), Worky (h), Swinton (a) & Keighley (h)

York - Fax (a), Sheff (h), Swinton (a), Hunslet (h), Worky (a), Batley (h) & Donny (a)

Hunslet - Leigh (h), Dewsbury (a), Worky (h), York (a), Sheff (a) & Featherstone (h)

Swinton - Featherstone (h), Leigh (a), York (h), Dewsbury (a), Barrow (h) & Haven (a)

Also

Keighley - Sheff (a), Batley (h), Haven (a), Featherstone (h), Fax (h), Barrow (a) & Worky (a)

Donny - Barrow (h), Haven (h), Fax (a), Swinton (h), Dewsbury (a), Sheff (a) & York (h)

You bet me too it lol

#57 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

You bet me too it lol

Bout time we beat you this season mate lol

Lee Morton

#58 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

The bottom 4 have tough run ins there, either playing top clubs or their fellow relegation contenders, should be some real nail biters ahead, gulp. 

#59 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

My completely unbiased forecast is:

Donny         37

RAIDERS   32

York            27

Keighley      27

Swinton       24

Hunslet        23

Posted Image

#60 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

The bottom 4 have tough run ins there, either playing top clubs or their fellow relegation contenders, should be some real nail biters ahead, gulp.

Just hope hunslet don't need 3 points or a point in their last game of the season lol. Looking at the remaining fixtures I can't see keighley picking up another point this season. Also I see we could have a big say in who goes down too. If we win the league with games to spare that could be crucial in the relegation battle.

Edited by thundergaz, 22 July 2013 - 04:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users