Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town game

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

I was not far away with my score we could ov made it at least 60 but we bombed a lot of chances but all in all nice 3 points

THANKS LIONS

Or is it "Thanks Wire"

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#22 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Didn't realise Workington had so many knobs as fans. The ones I know are quite sound!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#23 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

Someone's having a relegation strop i think :)

#24 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Or probably doesn't like in breds with webbed feet and big ears sticking the knife in. Not too long ago you hill folk were in the same position as us were you not. Very short memories you hillbillies have isn't it.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#25 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

lolololol. If only your team showed such fire, venom and spite.......

#26 PaulT

PaulT
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Please get back on topic or I'll close this thread.

Posted Image

#27 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Sorry dad, back on the topic has anyone located our teams spine they seem to have lost it mid may and its whereabouts are still a mystery.:-P

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#28 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

There's no sticking the knife in, and no need for the inbred comment. As we saw it your team were the worst we have seen at dp this season, it's just how it is unfortunately. It's a shame to see a once great club having fell so far, I wish you the best of luck for the future but things did not look good for you. It's not so long ago we were in exactly the same position, so i doubt any of us will be vindictive towards any club having a tough time. I understand why you may be sensetive, but try keeping it civil.

Edited by dkw, 22 July 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#29 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

There's no sticking the knife in, and no need for the inbred comment. As we saw it your team were the worst we have seen at dp this season, it's just how it is unfortunately. It's a shame to see a once great club having fell so far, I wish you the best of luck for the future but things did not look good for you. It's not so long ago we were in exactly the same position, so i doubt any of us will be vindictive towards any club having a tough time. I understand why you may be sensetive, but try keeping it civil.

Thanks for the sensible comments. Read a few of the comments on the other threads and you'll see why some of us get annoyed!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#30 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Apologies if I offended people but the comments were directed to the cretins that insist on gloating when a club is obviously at a low ebb. I'm all for banter but the comments before mine were just plain vindictive and there's NO NEED FOR THEM. End of rant.:-(

Edmund Burke

#31 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Apologies if I offended people but the comments were directed to the cretins that insist on gloating when a club is obviously at a low ebb. I'm all for banter but the comments before mine were just plain vindictive and there's NO NEED FOR THEM. End of rant.:-(

Riggy and Spelly will probably vouch for me being a longtime visitor to the Swinton forum and am not a "cretin" or a "gloater"..... my comment was made in jest!. If you had bothered to read my reply on the "Going down" thread you would see that I am not gloating about Swintons current position, I am saddened that the heart and soul of Swinton Lions has been ripped out by the move to LSV and the way the Warrington DR/loan agreement has been abused by your BOD and Warringtons.  I have traveled with Town to many away matches against Swinton, and for a while lived in Kearsley whilst studying down there.

As for "low ebbs" - Towns recovery has been a long time coming but we are slowly getting there.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#32 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hi Otto

Think you guys have played the DR route the right way. I know it was said at the beginning of the season that NO DR players could play in the play offs so things could get very interesting.

Good luck

Riggy

#33 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hi Otto

Think you guys have played the DR route the right way. I know it was said at the beginning of the season that NO DR players could play in the play offs so things could get very interesting.

Good luck

Riggy

The DR can play in the play offs pal as long a they,ve played a minimum of 5 games in the season

#34 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hi Otto

Good luck

Riggy

to be fair mate the play offs are a bonus if we make them. we cant win them so its just an extra game to finish off a great season. as for the lions i hand on heart cant see you getting out of it but you should have the resources to bounce back and hope you do so.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white