who staying or who would like to come in

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thought ide try and find out who is staying. Rather than who going fed up with all our players linked to other clubs. So who would u like to come in to replace the ones going no doubt we will be linked with at least 3 dewsbury players again who ave seen the light to join a top 5club rather than a bottom 4 club .

#2 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 691 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

I johnny Campbell stays.

#3 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 554 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

There is bound to be a lot of speculation given that clubs have been given the green light to recruit for next season but I'm not sure that its' desirable at this stage of the season to start a who should stay and who should go thread. 

#4 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Thought ide try and find out who is staying. Rather than who going fed up with all our players linked to other clubs. So who would u like to come in to replace the ones going no doubt we will be linked with at least 3 dewsbury players again who ave seen the light to join a top 5club rather than a bottom 4 club .

Who would you want to keep?

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'll be very disappointed if we keep some particular members of our current squad for 2014.

Edited by TheTerminator, 20 July 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Would love to see dan Fleming back,also Matty wildie from last season

#7 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

if we get anyone from Dewsbury id like it to be Aaron brown or dale Morton

#8 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yeah agree. With all the above but we are. Imho desprate for a couple of centers thats what let us down so far for me . Got three.realy quick wingers who need a proper center who can give them the service they deserve . Also hope potts stays realy like him turns up even when not on team sheet hope he gets a run in the side soon .

#9 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

As i understand it, the only ones who have signed up for next year are Black, Smith, Greenwood, Faal, Davies and Campbell.

Id like to see a fully fit Applegarth at the club again next year.

Danny Maun retiring, Walton to Salford, Joey Essex, Walmsley & Hirst to Featherstone, Mennell to Halifax and its anyones guess where the rest will end up.

Edited by buford t justice, 20 July 2013 - 10:55 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#10 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yeah agree. With all the above but we are. Imho desprate for a couple of centers thats what let us down so far for me . Got three.realy quick wingers who need a proper center who can give them the service they deserve . Also hope potts stays realy like him turns up even when not on team sheet hope he gets a run in the side soon .

He turns up at the games even when he's not in the XVII????? What a legend, definitely the basis for a new deal......

Posted Image

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

if we get anyone from Dewsbury id like it to be Aaron brown or dale Morton

Both already signed up for next season.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

There is bound to be a lot of speculation given that clubs have been given the green light to recruit for next season but I'm not sure that its' desirable at this stage of the season to start a who should stay and who should go thread. 

Recruitment will also depend on what happens in regards to the Huddersfield dual registration arrangement. Do not what to see Batley go down the Swinton and Hunslet root but I would like to see Batley run with a smaller initial squad (20 players) and look at using the Dual Registration arrangement , Amateur game or out of favour players at other clubs to plug any gaps during the season.  

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#13 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

With regard to Fleming and Wildie we will have to abide with the "one club" only restriction next season so they will be unobtainable. We only managed to obtain Fleming (and Walmsley) this year because we did the deals before the RFL brought in the new rule. Next season we will only be able to use players from Giants - unless the rules are changed again!!!

#14 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

Wildie would be a decent signing, but from what I gather we're going to be well stocked in the halfback/hooker positions next season. Personally, I'd love to see James Green back from Hull KR on a permanent deal. Looks to have fallen well down the pecking order there, and rotting away at Gateshead.

Posted Image

#15 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

He's at fev on a months loan

#16 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

After today Potts,black,brev and maun (who I believe is retiring?)
The rest forget it.all I can say is good luck at fev or Salford or wherever.
I think a clear out is now well overdue.
Can we sign Cooke?
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#17 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well i thought rowe was good johnson solid flanagan was ok bit quiet . Faal was running hard greenwood was pretty good droped a sitter moore hit and miss walton usual oh ill pass only if im going in touch. I dont like signaling people out but y oh y wont walton pass and what as salford seen that i avnt ????

#18 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

Whatever happened to Ryan Esders?

#19 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Whatever happened to Ryan Esders?

You tell us, we signed him and never saw him

#20 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Thought ide try and find out who is staying. Rather than who going fed up with all our players linked to other clubs. So who would u like to come in to replace the ones going no doubt we will be linked with at least 3 dewsbury players again who ave seen the light to join a top club rather than a bottom 4 club .

After that display today, even my positivity is waning.

In answer to your question anyone capable of opening a defense up, we had all 4 supposed play-makers on the park for a period of today's game and none them looked like they could open a door never mind a defense. We need some players that will run off the ball as no-one is doing that, we have no second phase, we don't even have a first phase just 1 man passing 1 man running and another 11 looking on in wonderment.

Who would I keep? Greg Johnson, Pottsy, Campbell, Applegarth and Rowe the rest although decent players when on form, would all be pretty easy to replace.

As for the rumours about players leaving Walton going to Salford there welcome to him, he passed the ball more today than he has done in 3 seasons combined which suggests he is trying to make sure he doesn't get hit/injured before leaving us, today was the perfect example of Wally's weaknesses, every SL centre must be rubbing there hands with glee at the thought of playing opposite him.

Also if the rumours are true, what Featherstone see in Gareth "The Slug" Moore and Keegan "dropsy" Hirst instead of what they already have is baffling beyond belief. I'd love to meet Moore and Hirst's agents, they must be the best in the business and should be on the next series of the Appentice, they would be a shoe in for the final, whatever percentage their agents are getting it isn't enough. To think that they could sell the dross these 2 have served up over recent weeks is truely remarkable,

I can only think Fev are trying to save money for the following season when SL2 comes in. From what I've seen in recent weeks, it would be like Batley signing 3 players from Farnley Falcons 'A' team.

Moore if you read this, here's one for your tw@tter account, if you get any slower you'd be running backwards, you couldn't open the flies on your pants never mind an opposition defense.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 21 July 2013 - 07:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users