Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

who staying or who would like to come in

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

After that display today, even my positivity is waning.

In answer to your question anyone capable of opening a defense up, we had all 4 supposed play-makers on the park for a period of today's game and none them looked like they could open a door never mind a defense. We need some players that will run off the ball as no-one is doing that, we have no second phase, we don't even have a first phase just 1 man passing 1 man running and another 11 looking on in wonderment.

Who would I keep? Greg Johnson, Pottsy, Campbell, Applegarth and Rowe the rest although decent players when on form, would all be pretty easy to replace.

As for the rumours about players leaving Walton going to Salford there welcome to him, he passed the ball more today than he has done in 3 seasons combined which suggests he is trying to make sure he doesn't get hit/injured before leaving us, today was the perfect example of Wally's weaknesses.

Also if the rumours are true, what Featherstone see in Gareth "The Slug" Moore and Keegan "dropsy" Hirst instead of what they already have is baffling beyond belief. I'd love to meet Moore and Hirst's agents, they should be on the next series of the Appentice, they would be a shoe in for the final, whatever percentage their agents are getting it isn't enough.

I can only think Fev are trying to save money for the following season when SL2 comes in. From what I've seen in recent weeks, it would be like Batley signing 3 players from Farnley Falcons 'A' team.

Moore if you read this, here's one for your tw@tter account, if you get any slower you'd be running backwards, you couldn't open the flies on you pants never mind a defense.

I'd get your tin hat on for when doggystyle cops for your last remark!

#22 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'd get your tin hat on for when doggystyle cops for your last remark!

lol  :tease: Tin hat ready

#23 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Gareth wasnt the worst player on the field today by along stretch his kicking second half was ok and shouldnt be singled out for blame when the whole team failed to impress.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#24 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Wow thats what i call a post agree with all u said other than john davis tried all day and listening to radio leeds tonite. Liam finn said donny have it in them to pull off a major shock just like they did at fev earlier in the season .

#25 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Danny put in a great shift today particular seeing as he was operating at loose-forward!

#26 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Gareth wasnt the worst player on the field today by along stretch his kicking second half was ok and shouldnt be singled out for blame when the whole team failed to impress.

Apologies PM my post wasn't supposed to single him out, but you are spot on, I could have picked on 10 other players after that display. Moore thinks the paying public are "Jokers" for daring to criticize players, which is why it was directed at him. but what do we know according to him?

Well Mr Moore, some of us have played the game and have forgotten more than you will ever know.

"Keyboard Warrior", maybe I am. But one thing is for certain I know if it came down to fight, I could simply stroll away like I was walking in the park and Moore wouldn't be able to catch me.

The others need a wake up call too if they think they deserved paying after that. If you worked self employed and put that kind of performance in on your day job, would you expect to get paid?

The best thing a lot of the players can do after that is to pay back any money they were paid for turning out yesterday, making cheque's payable to Bissa.

There were a few positives Chairman, I thought Potts, Johnson, Maun and Rowe played pretty well but I'm struggling a bit after that.

#27 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

I took particular notice of him in the second half and there was no lack of effort from him.  The same could be said of most of the team, the effort was there second half, although the game was already lost by then. They looked very short of confidence though and one or two players looked as if they had other things on there minds. Just as an example, Walton ran with determination but where were the big hits?   Other things on the lads' mind?  Playing with an injury? Who knows.  

What did puzzle me in this and the Featherstone game was that JK started with Hemingway at scrum half with Moore on the bench.  I don't see the point in picking 2 hookers and 3 half backs.  Against a robust Donny pack an extra forward would have seemed a better option.  I would be interested to know the thinking behind the selection, or did injuries force JKs' hand?

Edited by Bi11, 23 July 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#28 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Bi11 has hit the nail on the head ...lack of confidence is what it is, failing to beat sheff,leigh and fev has knocked the confidence, they all now need to start believing in themselves again and start playing as team for each other and the wins and confidence will come back
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#29 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Sunday will tell us all we need to know about where our team is at, Playing a side weve beaten twice, and a side who are struggling and have to travel a long way to get here.

Hopem im wrong, but its got a defeat written all over it.

Edited by buford t justice, 23 July 2013 - 12:37 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Fingers crossed ... And a long unbeaten winning streak of two against mighty opponents ( ahem ) ...

Edited by DavidM, 23 July 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Sunday will tell us all we need to know about where our team is at, Playing a side weve beaten twice, and a side who are struggling and have to travel a long way to get here.

Hopem im wrong, but its got a defeat written all over it.

Easy win for Batley and a morale booster for the players.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

We could do with it BSJ as 4th could be out of our reach very quickly

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#33 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Even in most pessimistic mood, I can't see Workington leaving with 3 points on Sunday.

#34 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

I agree, I can't see Workington winning this one.

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

We have a great week coming up ... Batley away , Sheffield away on Wednesday then Fev on Sunday ... Lovely .

#36 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

We have a great week coming up ... Batley away , Sheffield away on Wednesday then Fev on Sunday ... Lovely .

An easy 9 points then ;)

#37 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

I would like Lillicrop from the Rams, always takes the ball in tough, also Craven, he's impressed me when I've watched Dews.

Ridyard from Leigh, and also Ryan Brierley, although I think these have signed on already, anyway we can dream..............

#38 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

The chances of Ridyard and Brierley signing on for us are about the same as me signing on for Wigan, which is of course highly unlikely as l have lost a bit of my pace!!!

#39 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Can't see Fleming or Wildie coming back, Fleming is well liked at Cas and getting the odd game in the first team and Wildie is playing most weeks in the first team at Wakey.

#40 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

Who has re signed does anyone no?I no miles,aiden,baz but players that we need to keep like rowe(who I thought had a fantastic game on weekend)and john who again thought went well