Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The first time ...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

In many a moon I have left ten minutes from time. Only one word can sum up that display today.

Shambles.

#2 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

In many a moon I have left ten minutes from time. Only one word can sum up that display today.

Shambles.

That good? Wow,you must have had the rose tinted on today chairman ;-)
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

The only good thing today was Cookes kicking a great display.other than that lets look forward to the next game.........:(

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#4 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

If Gary Thornton had been in charge we'd be calling for his head.

Dire. Some of the players didn't even look interested. Not sure what's happened over this last month but something is dramatically wrong at the moment.

We lose 4 in a row yet don't even attempt to change anything. Same tactics, same lack of idea and same one man rubbish.

Credit to Doncaster though who played well. And Cooke kicked us to death.

As it currently stands, the sooner this season finishes the better.

#5 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

First time in 4 years I have left before time. Too many players couldn't be bothered today.

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

The only good thing today was Cookes kicking a great display.other than that lets look forward to the next game.........:(

We fell into that trap at our place by giving him plenty of time on the ball. He's still a class act if allowed the time he did a master class for donny at our place.

#7 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

The inability to change our game plan is staggering. Error after error with ball in hand even after simple plays . No movement with the ball , no one breaking a tackle, we are fast becoming a side in decline. What has happened in the dressing room i could not imagine. We have no leader on the park and  more importantly no player creating anything on offence. The best passage of play today was from Doncaster lovely passing and support  play for the last try. Brilliant kicking display from Cooke. As for our halves the least said the better. To sum up the word for todays inept display is " SHAMBLES" . Come on Batley sort it out you can play better. :angry:

#8 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

I couldn't agree more about today's game, especially with NIck07. Kear spoke last week about player playing at 8/9 out of ten and it was up to him to ensure that they did this week.
Can someone tell me what he's done with them or said, cos where I was stood I wouldn't have have given any of them 5 out of 10. A very concerning decline. Yes the ref weren't great but he didn't run the length of the field inside 3 tackles with pathetic attempts to tackle. The players need to look back at these last few games and ask some serious questions and im afraid, and this may be controversial, but maybe Mr Kear does aswell cos he doesn't seem to able to get the players to play at the level we know we can!!!
I too was an early leaver and don't like to do it but if the players can't be bothered then why should I!!!!
Very worried!!!

#9 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

It spoke volumes that Moore's immediate reaction to scoring the disallowed try from the grubber kick midway through the second half was to rearrange his hair. It was mind-boggling skill, to be fair. The change in motion between ensuring downward pressure to then sweeping back his combover was absolutely seamless.

Edited by TheTerminator, 21 July 2013 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image

#10 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Terrible today, 17 individuals, no team work. The heart and soul has been ripped away, and in my opinion, the current decline begun when the rumours of who's going where next season started. How can you have a successful team, when some know they wont be here next year? And it's their choice to go elsewhere!

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

Terrible today, 17 individuals, no team work. The heart and soul has been ripped away, and in my opinion, the current decline begun when the rumours of who's going where next season started. How can you have a successful team, when some know they wont be here next year? And it's their choice to go elsewhere!

Surely this is the same at all clubs though, isn't it?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

I don't know, is it?

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

I agree BSJ, but it appears to perhaps have affected us more than other clubs due to a combination of egos, strangely intense media speculation and the supporter unrest it predicated. For the last two months I've sensed quite a poisonous atmosphere developing within the club.

Edited by TheTerminator, 21 July 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

"Predicated" now that is an excellent word Mr T.

I just hope we can drag a performance out of the team in the play offs as it looks to be going down pan again

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#15 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

On the plus side it would appear Gareth Moore may have broken his arm, meaning we may never see him in a Batley shirt again.

Other than that there were no positives today.

Clearly there are rifts in the squad, the body language oozed it today.

About time JK showed us what hes made of, chuck out the bad apples and if needs be play a few dual reg to plug the gaps until the end of the season.

This team in its current state will not win another game this season.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

I agree BSJ, but it appears to perhaps have affected us more than other clubs due to a combination of egos, strangely intense media speculation and the supporter unrest it predicated. For the last two months I've sensed quite a poisonous atmosphere developing within the club.

That's worrying isn't it? From what I understood a major strength that you guys had was a strong club/team ethos and to lose that over the course of a few matches must be baffling.

I still reckon you'll come good and have a decent play-offs, without actually winning them of course.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

The togetherness of the small unit has for many years been the reason we have punched above our weight. For whatever reason, and there are numerous speculations, there does not seem the collective camaraderie, the "we are all in this together" and "all for one, one for all" seems not to be there over recent weeks. People can discuss the reasons why till the cows come home but at the end of the day there is only one person who can do anything about it, and he must look these players in the eye and ask them "do you want to play for me".

#18 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

So you will maybe understand how we Rams fans have felt over the last few seasons when posters from other clubs have been deciding which of our players will be joining them next year even before the pre-season friendlies have been completed.

#19 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

That's worrying isn't it? From what I understood a major strength that you guys had was a strong club/team ethos and to lose that over the course of a few matches must be baffling.

I still reckon you'll come good and have a decent play-offs, without actually winning them of course.

I'm not so sure that's going to happen BSJ. Team spirit and fan confidence is approaching rock bottom at the minute. To a casual observer looking in from the outside it would appear that things are pretty rosey in our garden and that we're moaning for no reason, but things on the playing side have been on a downward spiral for weeks and we've all been aware of the reasons why. Sadly, players aren't going to rip up their lucrative deals with other clubs for next season and suddenly restore their pride in the shirt or motivation to do their best for the loyal fans. The concepts of 'loyalty' and 'commitment' may well be a hark back to a quaint, bygone age, but when you're concentrating your efforts on negotiating with a rival club for a pay raise only 3/4 of the way through your current contract, its going to take the will of a Jedi to not let it affect your performances - despite claims to the contrary.

Edited by TheTerminator, 21 July 2013 - 08:43 PM.

Posted Image

#20 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Again im afraid this ring true i truly lie the blame at the rfl for allowing this to happen . It unsettles players we at batley cant give players two or 3 year deals due to our finacal resources compared to teams like fax or fev or other teams . It also encourages our players to turn up every week to play 100 per cent every game then the rfl yet again move the goal posts allowing negotions to hsppen during the season god only knows y that is .rant over

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users