Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

well thats that then!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 hunslet36

hunslet36
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

First time poster on forum but tonight I had to vent my upset somewhere! I couldnt go to the game today due to work commitments. Its been a nightmare trying to follow the game as virtually no coverage on radio leeds even radio cumbria were following the york v whitehaven game. Rugby league live scores was a joke the score kept changing and tries appearing then disappearing. Finally got to know score and from what i could piece together it could be summed up in same old same old this season. Giving teams umpteen points start lots of endeavour to get back into it then cant get over the line to finish off game, Guess we came close again but no cigar. Ok a bonus point no where near enough.

I fear for the future of our great club of which we are rightly proud. If hunslet is in your blood then you have it running right through you. I feel a bit numb tonight as I genuinely feel we now stand on the brink of extinction and many years history will be lost. Not sure what we do now or where we turn.

#2 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sky sports were all over the place. We were 34-6 down at one stage then it became 28-6, the 28-12. One of their players scored 4 tries then 2. They should do better if they want to be true sports fans.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#3 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Great 2nd half comeback when we could and should have won masks an appallling first half display which saw no game plan motivation or pride or passion after being gifted 6 points in the first 30 seconds.
Eaton out and take that tosser Wainhouse with you.

#4 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

your game mirrored ours pal. we tried to give you it on a plate second half. good luck to you for rest off season. I feel both teams need a clear out. barrow fan

#5 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

obvious now that our coaches are hopeless.Today i think was our last chance. Thanks again to Rhinos for your help, go dual reg with someone else and destroy another club

#6 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

did any dreg players play for you today?

#7 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Sounds like same old same old.I honestly don't know where we go from here if we go down (and I think it's nailed on) we could realistically fold based on the terrible league that is league 1 alternatively if we get the miracle and stay up it is surely only putting it off until next year. If we survive I'd like to think we would be in for promotion in our first season but chain we keep our current best players (again I doubt it) or do we have to start afresh. Would supporters continue to back hist? Tickets would have to drop in price and again can we cope with the loss in revenue? Crowds will drop further meaning more loss. Sorry to sound defeatist but I think realistically we are in the mire on and off the field and I know i'm just scratching the surface.I have not even considered the impact of no dual ref although this could be seen as a positive again I just don't know where we go next if any where

#8 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

obvious now that our coaches are hopeless.Today i think was our last chance. Thanks again to Rhinos for your help, go dual reg with someone else and destroy another club

Take it you were one of the very few Hunslet fans that thought it wasnt a good thing

DR is for S/L benefit not clubs like Hunslet The two clubs that have used it to get the S/L players fit are now at the bottom of the league

Edited by jt, 21 July 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#9 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Take it you were one of the very few Hunslet fans that thought it wasnt a good thing

DR is for S/L benefit not clubs like Hunslet The two clubs that have used it to get the S/L players fit are now at the bottom of the league

can you tell me which Leeds players Hunslet have used to get fit? the only 1 that came close was Kylie Leuluai

#10 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Richard Moore

#11 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Achurch

#12 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Richard Moore

he must got injured a lot to play a quarter of hunslet's games

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

I didn't say anything about injury I said to get players match fit They let you have Moore so he could get game time and be ready when Leeds wanted him back
As another poster said Achurch was another not ready for leeds but needed game time so sent him to you Got time under his belt and went back
DR is all about the S/L club it's not there to help the championship team

#14 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

I didn't say anything about injury I said to get players match fit They let you have Moore so he could get game time and be ready when Leeds wanted him back
As another poster said Achurch was another not ready for leeds but needed game time so sent him to you Got time under his belt and went back
DR is all about the S/L club it's not there to help the championship team

do you think either would be playing for Leeds without their injuries? both are fringe players who would have played 90% of hunslet's games if it wasn't for leeds' big injury list.

p.s.
i assume you can't count going off your post on barrow's forum? barrow had more dual-reg/loans then hunslet today

#15 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

dont worry hes a fev fan isnt he, fev dont do DR do they....no they just bring loan players in everyother week lol.

Posted Image

#16 Gaz Martin

Gaz Martin
  • Coach
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

dont worry hes a fev fan isnt he, fev dont do DR do they....no they just bring loan players in everyother week lol.

Posted Image

#17 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

indeed he is, the team that have sent hellewell out to get 'match fit'...

#18 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Fev fans on the Barrow forum wanting Barrow to win today, lets remember that when Campbell and Faisel,s money runs out...

Posted Image

#19 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

indeed he is, the team that have sent hellewell out to get 'match fit'...

Match fit? He is match fit he's just not good enough to get into the Fev team.

#20 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

Fev fans on the Barrow forum wanting Barrow to win today, lets remember that when Campbell and Faisel,s money runs out...

Its nothing personal. We have wanted barrow to stay up from the start of the season. Also we always want batley to do well too. I'm sure you also have your fav teams too after hunslet.