Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

well thats that then!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

not really, ive got a highly skilled job

good for you.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#62 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Very "SPECIAL" comments from terrywebb etc ,whom I feel must be a Truly "SPECIAL" Leeds R.L. supporter . Please tell me the Benefits to Hunslet of giving game time to Leeds R.L. players , bearing in mind HUNSLET ARE RELEGATED ! Also could you please remind me of how after Ruining Bramley .Leeds R.L. tried a similar stunt at Keighley with Darryl Powel . A TRULY DISPICABLE CLUB !

#63 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

To terryweb etc.Please explain "pathetic,truly pathetic" I Think there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG With You ! The coach has been hn charge all season .Hes (according to you) ? had the Luxury of using Leeds R.L.players.Yet Hunslet are bottom And RELEGATED ! So Who would you blame ? ? ? P.s.If you are too young to remember what Leeds R.L. did to Bramley . I wont remind you about Keighley and Darryl Powell ! ! Your Club Are A DISGRACE !

#64 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Very "SPECIAL" comments from terrywebb etc ,whom I feel must be a Truly "SPECIAL" Leeds R.L. supporter . Please tell me the Benefits to Hunslet of giving game time to Leeds R.L. players , bearing in mind HUNSLET ARE RELEGATED ! Also could you please remind me of how after Ruining Bramley .Leeds R.L. tried a similar stunt at Keighley with Darryl Powel . A TRULY DISPICABLE CLUB !

Remind me again,how Leeds ruined Bramley,a club already without a ground and near bankruptcy.Again,would Hunslet be in this situation if they didn't have dual reg,again a resounding YES.As for special,try getting the name of your own clubs coach right first,then come back with the "special" comments.Like I've said Leeds are any easy scapegoat for some "supporters" to use.

#65 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

To terryweb etc.Please explain "pathetic,truly pathetic" I Think there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG With You ! The coach has been hn charge all season .Hes (according to you) ? had the Luxury of using Leeds R.L.players.Yet Hunslet are bottom And RELEGATED ! So Who would you blame ? ? ? P.s.If you are too young to remember what Leeds R.L. did to Bramley . I wont remind you about Keighley and Darryl Powell ! ! Your Club Are A DISGRACE !

Read my other posts,Hunslet have had key players injured,brought in players that haven't had time to gel,yet it's still the fault of Leeds,that is what is pathetic.People like you,who can't see past the "I hate Leeds" mentality.Blaming the club for everything that is wrong at Hunslet.

#66 pooliehawk

pooliehawk
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

As a Exile it is hard for me to make any commet on what ahs gone wrong or right this season, I get to about 5-6 games a season, and will be making the long trip this sunday to watch the boys, what could be my final tripmof the season, so I am just hoping the lads can makeone final push.

My gut feeling is, well it's over now and I just dont have that much hope we can stay up, but on sunday I will support the lads and pray and hope some thing happens that gives us the hope of staying up. In regards to D/R, never been a fan of it, even before we linked up with that lot accross the river, and even now I think its a waste of time and should be scrapped.

I personnaly would prefer to have a team of our own, no help from any supershite team, and that should be for every club, having diffirent players, week in and week out from a D/R, never knowning if they are there for one week or two, can not be good for the team and trying to sort the team and tactics out, all so you cnat tell me it doesnt effect the players who are contracted to the club, work hard in training, only to find friday we have signed another D/R player and he goes straight in to the squad.

In regards to the coach, well I cant say much in this, because like I say i only get to 5-6 games a season, I after see what you lads say, but results dont lie, and performances dont lie, and it seems every game we seem to want to find our selfs behind at half time before we kick in to gear,and that is worrying, and I dont know what the answer is there or why, but if we go down, I think the club may after look for a fresh face.

On the future, if we go down, well we have bounced back before and I belive  we can do it again, but it has got to be worring times for the club, and unless we bounce back at the first attempt, like a few allready said, I do fear for the future.

#67 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Thankyou terrywebb etc .No mistake with my spelling.Barry Eaton was A Talented Rugby player .where as Barry Heaton was lead singer in Beautiful South .Nox bearing in mind HUNSLET ARE RELEGATED , I couldnt Honestley which of the has been coaching us ! NO Spelling Error though .Sorry .

#68 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Stage 1 of the Masterplan complete .HUNSLET RELEGATED ! Dual reg Has Not worked .FACT HUNSLET RELEGATED.Mr BARRY HEATON Is NOT COMPETENT To Coach Our team .FACT HUNSLET RELEGATED !! Stage 2 Will be playing from Headingly ! ! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Break this link with Leeds R.L. and Get Rid of The DIRE Mr Eaton.

Thankyou terrywebb etc .No mistake with my spelling.Barry Eaton was A Talented Rugby player .where as Barry Heaton was lead singer in Beautiful South .Nox bearing in mind HUNSLET ARE RELEGATED , I couldnt Honestley which of the has been coaching us ! NO Spelling Error though .Sorry .

Case closed. ;) Plus Paul Heaton was the lead singer in the Beautiful South. :sclerosis:

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 22 July 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#69 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Ha Ha ! Yes ,Paul, but known to his friends as Barry !

#70 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ha Ha ! Yes ,Paul, but known to his friends as Barry !

Good attempt.

#71 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

As a Exile it is hard for me to make any commet on what ahs gone wrong or right this season, I get to about 5-6 games a season, and will be making the long trip this sunday to watch the boys, what could be my final tripmof the season, so I am just hoping the lads can makeone final push.

My gut feeling is, well it's over now and I just dont have that much hope we can stay up, but on sunday I will support the lads and pray and hope some thing happens that gives us the hope of staying up. In regards to D/R, never been a fan of it, even before we linked up with that lot accross the river, and even now I think its a waste of time and should be scrapped.

I personnaly would prefer to have a team of our own, no help from any supershite team, and that should be for every club, having diffirent players, week in and week out from a D/R, never knowning if they are there for one week or two, can not be good for the team and trying to sort the team and tactics out, all so you cnat tell me it doesnt effect the players who are contracted to the club, work hard in training, only to find friday we have signed another D/R player and he goes straight in to the squad.

In regards to the coach, well I cant say much in this, because like I say i only get to 5-6 games a season, I after see what you lads say, but results dont lie, and performances dont lie, and it seems every game we seem to want to find our selfs behind at half time before we kick in to gear,and that is worrying, and I dont know what the answer is there or why, but if we go down, I think the club may after look for a fresh face.

On the future, if we go down, well we have bounced back before and I belive we can do it again, but it has got to be worring times for the club, and unless we bounce back at the first attempt, like a few allready said, I do fear for the future.

Well put about D/R it's all about team spirit that gets you there

One point you should all remember is its not all over yet you need to get behind your players /club and lets hope they are not thinking like some on here A couple of wins and the teams around you loose and who knows where you will finish

#72 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

so what do you think of yet another loan player Sam Barlow to Fev JT ?

Posted Image

#73 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

How many teams get relegated ???

we still have 3 teams we could possibly get all 3 points off Dewsbury Workington and GUARENTEED 3 points from York

#74 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Id like to see Hunslets Last 6 games .being Sqaud players. This would improve team spirit and give some stability to the team .The guys turning up for training knowing where they stand .Lets face it dual reg hasnt been a success at Hunslet .I feel we have Talent and Grafters That can keep HUNSLET Up

#75 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

so what do you think of yet another loan player Sam Barlow to Fev JT ?

I'm not against loan signings you know you have got a player for at least a month and normally it's the championship club that has approached the other club for him unlike D/R although I would like to see Fev promoting the youth

Don't know if that's what you were asking or whether you are asking about the player

#76 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm not against loan signings you know you have got a player for at least a month and normally it's the championship club that has approached the other club for him unlike D/R although I would like to see Fev promoting the youth

Don't know if that's what you were asking or whether you are asking about the player

I think theirs more to the green and Barlow loans than meets the eye though JT. I've got a feeling they both will be in a Fev shirt next season.

#77 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

We had our own players last season and we only won 2 games, so I don't think we would have done any better this year without Leeds' players. Secondly, I think some of our supporters get too emotional regarding Leeds, we are playing different sports after all. They play Super League and we play Rugby League. We didn't have to accept Leeds offer of d/reg after all. By the way, Terry Webb was god [at Hunslet].

Edited by gabby, 23 July 2013 - 12:51 PM.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#78 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Great post Gabby, spot on apart from Terry Webb as a player, yes he was a fantastic player for Huns,

but not a god like Geoff Gunney or Graham King.

#79 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

I think theirs more to the green and Barlow loans than meets the eye though JT. I've got a feeling they both will be in a Fev shirt next season.

no they won't gaz!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users