ARE WE DOWN?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Looking at the remaining fixtures I can't see us getting anything from the games against Featherstone and Leigh.Possible wins in the home games v York and Barrow and maybe a bonus point from the tough away games at Doncaster and Whitehaven.That would give us around 27/28 points ? York have some tough games still to come,clutching at atraws?

#2 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Turn off the lights and pull all the plugs out. Believe me we are down, dead and buried, expired, an ex-Lion.

#3 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

As a town fan I think that was the worst team thats been to derwent park this year

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

2 from keighley, swinton and Hunslet to go down.

#5 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Keighley?

#6 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

I am sorry to say it but I cannot see anyway that we will not be relegated..............we are not even running teams close, I did not go up to Workington, but Steve did and for him to be so despondent tells me there is no hope................:(

#7 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

After today - yes -

#8 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Shipping 44 shows just how we have failed to kick on in the last two years. No chance of winning even bonus points in this league with those kind of scores against. No competition last year meant a year of standing still and now everyone (teams that finished behind us in 2011 and finished 3rd and 4th in last years champ 1)have improved beyond us.

All is okay on the training ground.....

Sad and disgraceful then at the same time.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#9 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I hate being negative, but Wayne you're right, as there seems precious little to be positive about. I'm not knocking the players honestly, coz I can see the effort is going in. But in my opinion there is a lack of confidence and lack of belief (which maybe is understandable given recent results). The relationship with Warrington has not worked out as hoped. That's a fact, not an opinion.

#10 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Just got back from Worky, and apart from me, I counted only another 15 others from this end who'd gone to West Cumbria!

Strange as it may seem, the effort was there throughout, and unlike last week, heads didn't go down!

Watto's absence was noticeable, just as it was when he was out injured, and 9-3 to the home side in the penalty count tells its own story.

Kevin Penny took his brace of tries well, and Matt Sarsfield was my pick of the forwards.

I came away disappointed at the result, but I'm not gonna knock the work the lads put in!

Spelly.

Edited by Spelly, 21 July 2013 - 06:53 PM.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#11 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Chambers insists the training goes well,.Since he came we have gome backwards. How can he have motivated a team that lets in 44 points. He justs locates himself in dug out and the world appears to carry on around him. He does not instill confidence in me never mind the team.

#12 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Just got back from Worky, and apart from me, I counted only another 15 others from this end who'd gone to West Cumbria!

Strange as it may seem, the effort was there throughout, and unlike last week, heads didn't go down!

Watto's absence was noticeable, just as it was when he was out injured, and 9-3 to the home side in the penalty count tells its own story.

Kevin Penny took his brace of tries well, and Matt Sarsfield was my pick of the forwards.

I came away disappointed at the result, but I'm not gonna knock the work the lads put in!

Spelly.

Hi Spelly.

Has your blog been pulled from the club website, or is its disappearance down to a technical issue?
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#13 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

we were down when the meeting took place at the bottom legion and delivered the ###### by the chairman.  people are saying DR wont be here next seaason and we can get back to the old times, I am worried about the fans who have stayed away because of the chaiman's choice to become Warrington's #####.

I am a stay away fan who cant stand to be in the same ground has JK never mind come back to support the team.

very bad times for the lions and I fear for the worse.

#14 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hi Spelly.

Has your blog been pulled from the club website, or is its disappearance down to a technical issue?

Paul Kidd told me there's been a problem, but it should be up and running again tomorrow, hence me posting on here instead.

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#15 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Shipping 44 shows just how we have failed to kick on in the last two years. No chance of winning even bonus points in this league with those kind of scores against. No competition last year meant a year of standing still and now everyone (teams that finished behind us in 2011 and finished 3rd and 4th in last years champ 1)have improved beyond us.

All is okay on the training ground.....

Sad and disgraceful then at the same time.

While their win record was far from outstanding, I felt the 2012 squad wasn't a million miles away from being a competitive Championship side. They ought to have beaten Fev, gave Halifax a titanic struggle and turned over Batley.

With 3 or 4 additions that team could have made an impact into the top half of the league. Sadly in reality lots of the better players left, to be replaced by Warrington players.

The trajectory was a positive one until the impact of partnering with Warrington came into play. Well done to Steve McCormack for walking away rather than have his authority undermined. It must be at least a bit heart breaking for him too, to see his hard work to turn the club's fortunes on the field around be dismantled in this way.

#16 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

While their win record was far from outstanding, I felt the 2012 squad wasn't a million miles away from being a competitive Championship side. They ought to have beaten Fev, gave Halifax a titanic struggle and turned over Batley.

With 3 or 4 additions that team could have made an impact into the top half of the league. Sadly in reality lots of the better players left, to be replaced by Warrington players.

The trajectory was a positive one until the impact of partnering with Warrington came into play. Well done to Steve McCormack for walking away rather than have his authority undermined. It must be at least a bit heart breaking for him too, to see his hard work to turn the club's fortunes on the field around be dismantled in this way.

you know Steve walked for this reason Phil or is it merely you speculating.

#17 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Do you know that Steve McCormack left for another reason Alan, or are you just speculating?

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Do you know that Steve McCormack left for another reason Alan, or are you just speculating?

Its been quite openly stated in the press and IN PERSON during an on field presentation tbat he left for family reasons so this posting is made purely with the aim of causing trouble and is yet again in bad taste and disrespectful. Yet again no doubt that will be overlooked as you have to be given the right to your opinion .

#19 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Its been quite openly stated in the press and IN PERSON during an on field presentation tbat he left for family reasons so this posting is made purely with the aim of causing trouble and is yet again in bad taste and disrespectful. Yet again no doubt that will be overlooked as you have to be given the right to your opinion .

Just telling it as I see it Mark. When a coach leaves a job there's a 'real politic' to be followed, especially if the individual concerned has any ambition to get back into the game.

If you take a look back over Steve McCormack's coaching career he has moved on from a few jobs of his own volition. One trait is that his departure tends to be followed by a slump in that club's playing fortunes. Another trait is that he tends to quote 'family reasons' for leaving.

Perhaps you prefer to believe that people always tell the whole truth in these sorts of situations? Am I surprised you take a different view to mine?

#20 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

I prefer not to dredge up a situation that doesn't need dwelling on
That is all.
Yes I love to disagree with you. Its my raison d'etre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users