Doncaster v barrow

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 eddo

eddo
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

yeah looked good but final pass forward , right on the halfway line as a marker. Not a gamebreaker but opener.. The result would still have been similar the dons are a well drilled team and lucky to have a now rare playmaker in Paul Cook. .

We are a team with some talent which but more often than not utilised.

I fully appreciate that due to our poor financial position its great we still can field a team but on transfer deadline day   we sign another no9  bizzare when we have released mcgoff and haggerty 

As a previous poster said something is amiss.

I really hope that we can stay up but ?

#42 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

In view of the proposed changes in 2015 does it really matter about staying up.

Posted Image

#43 eddo

eddo
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

Thats a good point , its just we always hope that we can eventually raise the bar to meet all the challenges ahead.

#44 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

The tries from yesterdays game..

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LazJ6RIZd7w

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

#45 popular side

popular side
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

The problem I have is I don't believe we have the right people capable of putting a team together,all season we have been told if we need loan players we would get them,so why not get the players we really need and not covering positions that don't need it,also the interchanges mistify me,are these guys watching the same game
I would think it was me that was wrong but as we carnt win games ,perhaps it's not

#46 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

a bit speechless at some of the tackling attempts there !!!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#47 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

Didn't see the game couldnt make it, but some people are going way over the top as usual.

Firstly Doncaster have been on fire recently. They've gone away to Featherstone and outplayed them in the last few weeks. It was going to be a very tough game, I didn't expect us to get a bonus point if I'm honest judging off the past few Doncaster results.

Then someone has put 'CC1 for next year.' Last time I checked we were out the bottom two. Keighley aren't going to get more than I'd say 4 more points this season bases on their fixtures remaining, they're much harder than ourselves. I'm still just as confident as I was before the game as I am now that we will stay up.

It's not all doom and gloom.

#48 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

the Town and Keighley home games and Swinton away must be the targets for a win ... Swinton will no doubt have another 6 or 7 DR's/loans available when we play them !

we could get something out of Batley away but knowing our luck Batley will end their losing streak against us :-(

Fax home.... well to be honest we will struggle to get a BP (which would be welcome ;-)

But it isnt over till its over so come on down on Sunday and get behind the lads !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#49 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's funny how quickly some so called "supporters"are quick to put the boot in when we lose!!This was never an easy game to get even a bonus point ! Then you get supporters coming out with quotes like we have more hookers than a brothel. Our hookers are mossop and dandy. That's it! Liam finch does a good job when he is asked to play there but he is not a hooker!!! Mossop is playing out of his skin this season and whenever he goes off the field or doesn't play we suffer till he is back out there. So bringing in a hooker of nicholsons class to interchange with mossop in my opinion is a good move by Holty. I am just sick of the moaning and griping on here. The new BOD are doing a GREAT JOB in my view with the finances that are available!! So lets get behind the players and support them

#50 popular side

popular side
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

I totally agree the board have done a great job,I also think we need a pack leader more than a hooker,and if we are so quick to put the boot in when we loose,we would have had plenty of opportunity this season,we can agree to differ but we stand by the club

#51 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Your forwards weren't up to the mark yesterday even Harrison looked off the boil .Good luck for the rest of the season .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users