Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven Game

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Quick turn around for the lads on Thursday,can't see us winning this one,but will be happy with a b-point .Think it will be Haven 30-Rams 18.

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

GM commented on the difficulties associated with this game. He reckons that some players will be forced to take two days off work in order to play in Cumbria on a Thursday night, which can't do too much for morale.

I reckon we would have done very well if we could get a BP out of this as 'Haven are in a run of decent form and strong at their own ground. i can't imagine there will be many Rams fans there cheering them on either.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

Is there a bus going from the stadium and if so what time

#4 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

Bad fixture but we cant say owt has they played at our ground on a Thursday night.Might nick a point.

#5 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Yes,it will leave the stadium at 14.30,then the bus station at 14.45,well done to any fan going to this game,work for me,but will record the game,then watch it when i finish my shift.

#6 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Yes,it will leave the stadium at 14.30,then the bus station at 14.45,well done to any fan going to this game,work for me,but will record the game,then watch it when i finish my shift.

But what time would I get back into Dewsbury?

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 23 July 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

Would think the bus would head back thirty minutes after final hooter,so you will be looking at around two in the morning to get back to Dewsbury.

#8 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Would think the bus would head back thirty minutes after final hooter,so you will be looking at around two in the morning to get back to Dewsbury.

That would mean a very expensive taxi back to Huddersfield then :(

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

That would mean a very expensive taxi back to Huddersfield then :(

what have park benches got in Huddersfield that Dewsbury don't Eddie ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#10 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

I know this, Batley fans crying over the burst bubble.

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

That sounds like one very slow bus!!! Match finishes at approx 9.05pm bus leaves at 9.35pm for a maximum 3 hour trip, probably nearer 2.5 hours trip, so you should be in Dewsbury by mid-night.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

:O  :O  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:

#13 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

That sounds like one very slow bus!!! Match finishes at approx 9.05pm bus leaves at 9.35pm for a maximum 3 hour trip, probably nearer 2.5 hours trip, so you should be in Dewsbury by mid-night.

You might be right,just a educated guess,given people might be late getting back on the bus,they might stop half way though for a break on the journey back.

#14 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

What's wrong Piggy, nothing to talk about on your forum now the bubble has burst!

#15 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 795 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

Not even been shown live now due to football i'd be fuming if i was dewsbury

#16 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

Not even been shown live now due to football i'd be fuming if i was dewsbury

What are you on about, Mr Cup? According to my Sky planner the match coverage starts at 7.30 on Premier Sports with the usual 7.15 freebies introduction?

Posted Image

#17 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

What are you on about, Mr Cup? According to my Sky planner the match coverage starts at 7.30 on Premier Sports with the usual 7.15 freebies introduction?

Says on rugbyleagueontv.co.uk the match will be shown at ten.

#18 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Match is not live on TV.  It will be shown at 10.00 pm.

#19 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Does anyone know what financial benefit the Clubs get from Premier Sports?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#20 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Think it is disgraceful. Premier Sports changed the fixture for them to televise and now decide to delay. Very unfair on both teams and supporters. Players on both sides will have had to take time off work as will back room staff and supporters and they then delay it. ###### way to treat everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users