Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitehaven Game

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Im raging about it taking me girlfriend to edinburgh on a pre planned trip thurs and fri originally meant so i would be back for the game on sunday was raging when they brought it forward to thursday and now it isn,t even live makes it even worse !!!!!

#22 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Premier Sports are a an absolute disgrace. The game is even on Freeview now, which begs the question as to whether there is any point in paying for a subscription? Don't get me wrong, that's great for people who don't subscribe, but what's the benefit for those who have? Will there be some form of rebate? Incidentally, the soccer extravaganza that is suddenly taking precedent over tomorrow nights Championship action is a massive Europa League qualifying showdown between the mighty Linfield and Greek island superclub Xanthi. What an absolute farce.....

Edited by TheTerminator, 24 July 2013 - 06:30 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,465 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Does anyone know what financial benefit the Clubs get from Premier Sports?

None I believe.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,465 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Premier Sports are a an absolute disgrace. The game is even on Freeview now, which begs the question as to whether there is any point in paying for a subscription? Don't get me wrong, that's great for people who don't subscribe, but what's the benefit for those who have? Will there be some form of rebate? Incidentally, the soccer extravaganza that is suddenly taking precedent over tomorrow nights Championship action is a massive Europa League qualifying showdown between the mighty Linfield and Greek island superclub Xanthi. What an absolute farce.....

I agree but, sadly, the soccer will probably get a better actual attendance and TV audience.

We are small beer to TV.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#25 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

Like others, I cannot make it to the game tonight, nor do I think we will win. I was wrong with my prediction on Sunday, but I will be most surprised if I am wrong today.

Injury concerns are mounting again. Morrison had to take off players at Keighley through injury; he will just have to bring back any player out on loan!

Play as a team for eighty minutes for once (think this was suggested a few times with our previous coach) and look for opportunities to kick downfield when winning a scrum in our half; could have done this a few times on Sunday, but failed to do so.

Whitehaven 36-12 Dewsbury

Att: 688
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#26 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

total farce by Premier sports...discraceful disrespect to Whitehaven and Dewsbury and to RL in general as well as premier sports subscribers

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#27 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

We all know football comes before RL but linfield? 😄😄😄. Also maybe the problems premier experienced the last time they televised a game at haven might have played a part in their decision too. (Just a thought) . But I agree its wrong.

#28 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

We all know football comes before RL but linfield? . Also maybe the problems premier experienced the last time they televised a game at haven might have played a part in their decision too. (Just a thought) . But I agree its wrong.

think that was just an electrical failure at at a nearby power station shouldn,t have been any problem tonight with floodlights not being needed

#29 sadram

sadram
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

what freeview channel is premier sports on ?

anybody please.
Posted Image

#30 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

what freeview channel is premier sports on ?

anybody please.

It isn't available on Freeview.

However, it is available to watch free (i.e. unscrambled) on Premier Sports channel 428 on Sky.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#31 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

On some occasions this year the late televising of games was caused by the driver of the satellite wagon over-estimating his driving capability and estimated time of arrival. In the past the channel has shown rugby union games and due to the furore caused by league viewers, on this occasion resulted in playing safe and showing a sport loved by the majority of decent people. In future to avoid this situation recurring, perhaps they should tell the sat man the game is on Wednesday and he may arrive on time.

I think its your shrink that needs to arrive on time .

#32 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Latest Score Marras 8 rams 14

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#33 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

It's 14-14 now

#34 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Odds on another 2nd half meltdown ?

#35 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Haven 14 Rams 15 (60 mins gone)

#36 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

haven 16 Rams 15 (70mins)

#37 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

FT 16-15....unlucky boys,very tight finish by the sounds.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#38 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Final Score Have 16 Rams 15................

Would have settled for that pre-match

#39 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Was it a good game? Is it worth watching later on? Even though I've just seen the score damn it argh lol.

#40 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Was it a good game? Is it worth watching later on? Even though I've just seen the score damn it argh lol.

It was a very good game (based on what I heard on the radio).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users