Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Am mighty effort from what I hear.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#42 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

Was it a good game? Is it worth watching later on? Even though I've just seen the score damn it argh lol.

Ballykissangel v Lesbos ladies ran into extra time so they cut off the last ten minutes of rugby. Premier ? R soles - wouldn't subscribe if it was the only channel left with a transmitter. :angry:

#43 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hate to say it, but you Ostriches were pretty badly done to there. Mr Turley seemed as swayed by the rather deserving Whitehaven crowd in the same fashion he was during our contest with them a few weeks back. Indisciplined as we were that day, a penalty count of 15-5 was stupidly disproportionate. Oddly enough, Dave Woods labelled him a 'clown' that day, and the Whitehaven fans seem to think he's the devil incarnate! Lord knows how they'd react if they were on the receiving end of a penalty count. His interpretation of the forward pass rule is most interesting!

Edited by TheTerminator, 25 July 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Threw it away at the end giving away two silly penalties. Thanks to BBC Radio Cumbria for ,the commentary.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#45 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Just watched on Premier, we made too many errors and the penalty count was unrepresentative of the game. But at the end of the day we lacked composure in the second half and lacked leadership. Schofield is talented but needs to improve his defence, he was certainly pinpointed on defence. But truth be told Whitehaven were the better side and we were just hanging on for most of the second half.

But anothe bonus point and a big effort aft a long midweek journey and a short turnaround.

#46 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Ballykissangel v Lesbos ladies ran into extra time so they cut off the last ten minutes of rugby. Premier ? R soles - wouldn't subscribe if it was the only channel left with a transmitter. :angry:

So are you saying that they just stopped showing the game 10 minutes from time? If so it would be a big disappointment to anybody who'd been careful not to hear the final score before they got to see the match. There seems to be no end to the contempt these people have for their customers.

Sounds like a great effort by the team. Well done to all.

#47 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

So are you saying that they just stopped showing the game 10 minutes from time? If so it would be a big disappointment to anybody who'd been careful not to hear the final score before they got to see the match. There seems to be no end to the contempt these people have for their customers.

Sounds like a great effort by the team. Well done to all.

That's exactly what they did - no warning or apology, just straight over to all Ireland football. Good effort from the lads, but Whitehaven were the better side. The things that stood out for me were :

1.Calvert must be old as god, but he still had far too much gas for our lot - GM please consider signing some out and out pace in the backs for next season.

2. We still play some dumb football - the drop goal by Schofield on the second tackle with twenty minutes left after we had been under the cosh, put us straight back under pressure, and was never going to be the last score - even his dad said he would be having a word. Also can't understand why he went for the intercept on the last tackle, conceding the scrum that led to the haven penalty - it would have been easier to dump the winger in touch.

3. We still rely too heavily on the kick to the corner for our tries - I'd like to know what percentage of our tries have been scored this way - haven must have been gobsmacked when the ball went along the line for Craven's try.

4. Have to agree with terminator - the ref did seem to confer with the crowd on most of his decisions, but strangely enough, I don't think he actually influenced the result - we just weren't quite good enough. Another point towards safety though I guess. Premier ? SPLITTERS.

#48 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

Young lads cant get experienced heads on straight away it takes a bit of time and i think its happening.To go up there on the same day never mind for a night match is not the best preperation .Losing by one point all though sickening aint a bad result.Whats worse is how the tv channel seems to want to reduce its coverage to a commercial break status.Well weve got our own man on the top table lets get into him to push for change.This channel has no support for rugby league.

#49 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Young lads cant get experienced heads on straight away it takes a bit of time and i think its happening.To go up there on the same day never mind for a night match is not the best preperation .Losing by one point all though sickening aint a bad result.Whats worse is how the tv channel seems to want to reduce its coverage to a commercial break status.Well weve got our own man on the top table lets get into him to push for change.This channel has no support for rugby league.

Well they show 7 NRL games every week as well as the SoO matches so I reckon that they do have a claim to support RL; just maybe not the bit of RL that we might want to see more of.

Having a man at the top table isn't really so relevant is it? The levels of support for Championship matches isn't really a big bargaining chip, unfortunately, so we accept whatever scraps there are. I can't imagine that anyone has really taken out a £10 pm subscription simply to watch Championship RL, can you?

I suppose the key is finding another broadcaster who would like to show our matches and none have come rushing forward so far.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#50 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Just watched on Premier, we made too many errors and the penalty count was unrepresentative of the game. But at the end of the day we lacked composure in the second half and lacked leadership. Schofield is talented but needs to improve his defence, he was certainly pinpointed on defence. But truth be told Whitehaven were the better side and we were just hanging on for most of the second half.

But anothe bonus point and a big effort aft a long midweek journey and a short turnaround.

I watched 68 mins till it went off, good effort first half but I too thought Haven were the better side, bombed a few chances too, but a bonus point midweek is a fine effort by your boys.

#51 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

Did the TV coverage show Goulding's chip & Pryce's chase to create a chance which failed through lack of support,

or Goulding's drop goal miss from a good position?  Although Whitehaven may have been the better side, we did 

create the chances late in the game to give us a draw or an unlikely win.

#52 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

It didn't go off it over ran I set it to record at 10 pm and record the following program which caught the end of the game and interviews as well cause prem sports always mess up times on planners,it on again early hours Saturday morning

#53 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

I watched 68 mins till it went off, good effort first half but I too thought Haven were the better side, bombed a few chances too, but a bonus point midweek is a fine effort by your boys.

This is bizarre, I watched it ALL including the interviews plus league tables plus MOM , so how come it cut off 10 mins from the end on the televisions in Dewsbury , I as you  know I am a Batley fan living in Batley. This is not a posting to prevoke the usual dross its a genuine question as I agree Premier Sports are a joke.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#54 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

This is bizarre, I watched it ALL including the interviews plus league tables plus MOM , so how come it cut off 10 mins from the end on the televisions in Dewsbury , I as you  know I am a Batley fan living in Batley. This is not a posting to prevoke the usual dross its a genuine question as I agree Premier Sports are a joke.

Apparently it was the free feed which ended at 12.00. Subscribers continued to see the rest of the game I believe.

(I'm on cable so can't get access one way or another.)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#55 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

No I sky plussed it and watched this morning, but it missed the last 12 mins so I've no idea what went on then.

#56 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

becaus like i said cause it over ran its initial time slot and prem sports dont update planner info then it cut off when the original program was due to finish,the start of your recording will have had first 20 mins of football,i set football to rcord at midnight and tht captured the last 20 mins of rugby, like i said they are broadcasting it again in full on tonight at 12 midnight

#57 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

If you were taking advantage of the generous freeview to watch it and missed the last ten minutes - diddums. Be grateful for the coverage you got to watch at the expense of those who've subscribed!

Posted Image

#58 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

If you were taking advantage of the generous freeview to watch it and missed the last ten minutes - diddums. Be grateful for the coverage you got to watch at the expense of those who've subscribed!

You are dead right of course, I should be grateful for small mercies. One of the reasons I took out sky sports was because they showed championship rugby on Thursdays, which they subsequently handed over to premier. Very kind of them then, to allow us sky viewers to watch the first seventy minutes at haven. As a subscriber, I should maybe feel miffed that the highlights of SL are screened on BBC's superleague roadshow - particularly as they do it so much better than sky's appalling boots' n all, but hey ho, live and let live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users