TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Current championship professionals in the NCL

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Dual registration of professionals in the NCL (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Should current pro's dual register in the NCL in any form?

1. Yes - in some form (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. Yes - in any form (1 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

3. Not bothered - I will accept either way (6 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. No - under any circumstances (24 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

State your preference in the big debate

#2 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Im first to vote and its a straighy NO from me.

#3 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

I suppose It's one way of losing some of your first team players why would they stay to have their place taken by someone that isn't really a member of the club plus it makes the league a farce after all they are paid pros not amateurs

#4 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

If it is allowed, as much as I love my club, I swear I will give up on Rugby League completely. I gave up on Super League 14 years ago and am almost certain to give up on the Championships at the end of this season because of this DR farce.

#5 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

Don't the pennine league let pros play with a permit?  The rfl are going to dangle a big carrot to push through the dr system it's up the club's to refuse it . I can see it happening money talks 

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Don't the pennine league let pros play with a permit?  The rfl are going to dangle a big carrot to push through the dr system it's up the club's to refuse it . I can see it happening money talks 

No

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#7 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Should b a no. Simms cross in the nwml have had a few dual reg players play for them this season from north wales crusaders. I think its unfair to other teams who don't do it and will push lads out of rugby due to semi pros taking ther places in amature clubs. We call ourselfs amatures for a reason so stick to it imo

#8 gossage

gossage
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

"amateurs" even!!

#9 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Should b a no. Simms cross in the nwml have had a few dual reg players play for them this season from north wales crusaders. I think its unfair to other teams who don't do it and will push lads out of rugby due to semi pros taking ther places in amature clubs. We call ourselfs amatures for a reason so stick to it imo

They shouldn't have had DR players at Simmies - seeing that the NWML league don't allow them. I presume that their registration forms (which I hope they completed) are therefore illegally completed - with regards to the "I declare that I am not registered with any professional club......".

#10 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Its a big fat NO from me!

#11 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

State your preference in the big debate

Just an idea, could we not have a poll

Do you prefer summer rugby

Do you prefer winter rugby

Would be interesting don't you think?

#12 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Just an idea, could we not have a poll

Would be interesting don't you think?

Not really...

Do you prefer summer rugby -    Yes for professionals and juniors

Do you prefer winter rugby -         Yes for amateurs

#13 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Not really...

Do you prefer summer rugby -    Yes for professionals and juniors
Do you prefer winter rugby -         Yes for amateurs

Juniors are amateurs!!

I wouldn't like to comment on what's best for juniors, there are people for more qualified then me to no what's best for the kids,

Just an educated guess though, with the amount of 16 / 18 that have folded I would suggest perhaps they prefer winter.

I would like to keep the poll simple,

Any chance someone in the know can put this poll on?

Think it would be interesting!!!

The RFL claim an the Internet that summer is the future and 86% play summer and 14% play in winter.
What it doesn't really explain is how they went about the Change.

Sorry for going off thread, just wanted to ask for a poll.

#14 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

I would like to keep the poll simple,

Summer / Winter thread hijack no. 356

The trouble with simplistic polls is that they don't cover the range of opinions. 

Everyone that prefers summer should join a summer comp.

Everyone that prefers winter should join a winter comp.

where it all gets confused is when the stalinists, on both sides, demand that their's should be the only comp...

Hence 20 odd page forum threads with no clarity.

It's up to BARLA to offer a viable alternative if they think there are enough summer teams that want to switch...

Never gonna happen..

#15 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

On registration forms it clearly states that" I am not registered with a pro club" but I have heard crusaders are de registering players in the week to play for simms cross and re registering with crusaders on a Saturday teatime after playing. Is this actually allowed??? I know Adrian Morley had a game for Swinton! Who next? Eccles? This isnt a dig at simms cross either its jus the only team ive heard this is happening with so unable to give any other examples. The ins and outs of it may not be 100% accurate but its what im led to believe, if true then surely to keep the integrity of the game any form of this must be rejected in all leagues.

#16 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Why is it up to Barla ?

I am getting more and more calls from disgruntled players,parents ,coaches and now administrators who thought the Summer rugby in its present format was the garlic bread of rugby league.

It transpires its not with more cancelled and walk overs games, than we ever experienced before the switch , from Juniors to OA ,

Even the RFL run leagues are struggling and being evasive in reporting  the  actual facts .

Competition Fixture Completion Rates

JM presented a general but comprehensive overview on how the RFL assimilated information from the Community Game with which to gauge Competition Fixture Completion Rates. These figures varied from region to region.

The whole game needs to decide when it is best to play and put all the politics to one side we need leaders to be strong and admit maybe just maybe we got it wrong .

Edited by TaxiEgg, 23 July 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#17 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Why don't we get back to "Current Championship players in the NCL"? I am sure there is the odd topic about Summer/Winter somewhere for those who wish to discuss the issue.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#18 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

Even the RFL run leagues are struggling and being evasive in reporting  the  actual facts .

Competition Fixture Completion Rates

JM presented a general but comprehensive overview on how the RFL assimilated information from the Community Game with which to gauge Competition Fixture Completion Rates. These figures varied from region to region.

sorry but I have to pull you up on this.

the data was displayed on a big screen, attendees could ask any question they liked, view any tab they wanted.  anyone at that meeting could do this.

i don't think it all right ro say anyone at that meeting was being evasive in reporting facts. they were on-screen for all to see and challenge.

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#19 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

Why are they not minuted ?

And Mr B you know how these things work one thing leads to another , but your right back on track amateur leagues for amateur players .

#20 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

sorry but I have to pull you up on this.

the data was displayed on a big screen, attendees could ask any question they liked, view any tab they wanted.  anyone at that meeting could do this.

i don't think it all right ro say anyone at that meeting was being evasive in reporting facts. they were on-screen for all to see and challenge.

So what are the facts then ,are there more games getting cancelled and what was the outcome what questions were asked what answers were given ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users