Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Current championship professionals in the NCL

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Dual registration of professionals in the NCL (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Should current pro's dual register in the NCL in any form?

1. Yes - in some form (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. Yes - in any form (1 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

3. Not bothered - I will accept either way (6 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. No - under any circumstances (24 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

So what are the facts then ,are there more games getting cancelled and what was the outcome what questions were asked what answers were given ?

spreadheets of fixture dates were shown with the number of games played/not played

some people asked questions about certain dates and so on. I didnt scribble down everything said - it really wasn't that important.

you made a very specific statement saying people were being evasive in reporting things.  you weren't even there so on what basis can you make such a statement?

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#22 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

I can only go off what I read you was at the meeting so could you give us the benefit of your knowledge and perhaps enlighten us with some detail ,as a game we need to gather information and be able as a game to move forward .

Straight forward question what reason was given for up to 40% of scheduled games being cancelled over several weeks of this current season ?

I will take issue with one of your comments not really important the number of games not played, for me and many other administrators in the game that is a major key issue .

The evasive comment was relating to minutes produced, and are the minutes not for the benefit of delegates who cant get to meetings ?

Edited by TaxiEgg, 24 July 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#23 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

The evasive comment was relating to minutes produced, and are the minutes not for the benefit of delegates who cant get to meetings ?

Minutes are a record of what happens at a meeting - you've still got to be at the meeting to know everything said.  The Company I am an Exec for for example records a set of Board minutes that are simply 'actions' - no record of discussion. No one at the meeting raised any issues and everyone got their questions answered.  I have no problem with the minutes issued as a record of what happened; If your club has an additional question then your delegate can ask it. hardly 'evasive'!

On the stats - there was one very bad date and it was recognsied that playing on Magic Weekend had had an impact.  There are quite a few weeks with 60% of games happening and there have been a fair few withdrawals which mean that every week from now until the end of the season there are going to be games recorded as conceded (as there is no inetntion to take out the fixtures of withdrawn teams). So, Cadishead's and Cobras Div 2 fixtures will show as conceded every week from now until the end even though they've pulled out (but are playing games in the merit comp). There was talk about Div 3 issues at the start which is the worst offending division - as recorded in the minutes.

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#24 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Well this staying on topic worked really well.

#25 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

No

Really? are you sure about that? i only ask due to the fact that one Phil Joseph turned out for one game against Crigg All Blacks!! then low and behold during the following week his transfer from Bradford to Widnes was announced. the crigg chairman complained to the pennine league management but were told that the team he turned out for had done nothing wrong?!?!? IMO its amateur rugby, lets keep it that way.

Edited by fatboystu, 24 July 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#26 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Summer / Winter thread hijack no. 356

The trouble with simplistic polls is that they don't cover the range of opinions. 

Everyone that prefers summer should join a summer comp.

Everyone that prefers winter should join a winter comp.

where it all gets confused is when the stalinists, on both sides, demand that their's should be the only comp...
Hence 20 odd page forum threads with no clarity.

It's up to BARLA to offer a viable alternative if they think there are enough summer teams that want to switch...
Never gonna happen..

This has been the case for years, summer rugby has been around for years and anyone wishing to play summer could have done so,
Clubs wanting to play at a decent level where left with no place to go unless they stayed with the NCL,

And the poll I asked for could not get any simpler, it's asking people (amitures) do they prefer winter rugby are summer rugby, no need to add anything else are strongly recommend which way people should vote.

Can the person who set this poll up do the same with the summer v winter?, then we will have a thread to discus it on,

#27 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

What on earth has winter / summer got to do with Dual Reg ?  Yet another hi-jacked thread.

Time you non  NCL directly  involved people vacated this site in favour of the Community one . Feel free to sound off there to your heart's content - that's what forums are for  , but leave this one to NCL agenda items raised by and responded to by NCL people........

#28 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

Sometimes you see a lot more standing on the outside looking in :triniti:

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#29 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Ok back to topic .

Del Capo where do you sit on DR ?

Edited by TaxiEgg, 24 July 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#30 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

No..............back on topic............Del Capo when are you going to advise the NCL Clubs they should accept the agreed Dual Reg Policy accepted at Community Board?

#31 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Really? are you sure about that? i only ask due to the fact that one Phil Joseph turned out for one game against Crigg All Blacks!! then low and behold during the following week his transfer from Bradford to Widnes was announced. the crigg chairman complained to the pennine league management but were told that the team he turned out for had done nothing wrong?!?!? IMO its amateur rugby, lets keep it that way.

Looks like Phil Joseph was released by the Bulls which made him at the time a none contracted player.

#32 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Ok back to topic .

Del Capo where do you sit on DR ?

Been asked before and dodged the question with slurry, I'm sure a simple yes or no would suffice. 

#33 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

What on earth has winter / summer got to do with Dual Reg ?  Yet another hi-jacked thread.

Time you non  NCL directly  involved people vacated this site in favour of the Community one . Feel free to sound off there to your heart's content - that's what forums are for  , but leave this one to NCL agenda items raised by and responded to by NCL people........

I'm sure that Dual Reg will be extremly high on the NCL agenda pretty soon Del Boy

#34 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

People have openly said if the NCL accept DR they would walk away from the game, this poll suggest most are against it but no doubt when the NCL committee look into it they will strongly suggest the clubs vote in favour of DR,

Would love to see the result of a poll I suggested earlier , winter or summer,

#35 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm sure that Dual Reg will be extremly high on the NCL agenda pretty soon Del Boy

Over the last few month's (I could be reading this wrong) It has looked to me that decisions are made by the NCL committee then their recommendations are past to the floor to be voted on.

#36 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

If you want a Poll then start one on some other forum.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#37 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

People have openly said if the NCL accept DR they would walk away from the game, this poll suggest most are against it but no doubt when the NCL committee look into it they will strongly suggest the clubs vote in favour of DR,

About 30% didn't want summer in the first place and that's even after the NCL committee made their recommendations that  (RFL Spin) summer would be the eternal life of the amateur game, now we are well into the second season and the tree is only bearing fruit on the chosen tree's I wonder how the vote would go now.

#38 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

If you want a Poll then start one on some other forum.

"Why" ?

#39 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

OP2.0 Playing – Ex Professionals

OP2.1   A Professional Player is not allowed to register with the National Conference League until all contractual arrangements are completed or otherwise terminated by mutual consent of both the player and Professional Club, full details of which to be confirmed in writing with this League at the time of registration.

OP2.2    Once two calendar years have elapsed from the confirmed date of a Player’s registration with the National Conference League then the Players shall not count as an ex-professional.

Back to Topic  so the NCL,s rules as they stand do not allow DR.

Strong vibes coming out of RED HALL  that DP will be a part of the MOU / operational rules .

Now looking at the poll results on here so far " There may be trouble ahead "

Could we see an increase in the travel subsidy ? :rtfm:

Edited by TaxiEgg, 24 July 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#40 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

"Why" ?

Because this forum is about the NCL, which unless you haven't noticed, is playing in Summer.   If the NCL decide to return to Winter it will be their (the clubs) decision rather than a poll undertaken by a handful of posters on here.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users