League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Current championship professionals in the NCL

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Dual registration of professionals in the NCL (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Should current pro's dual register in the NCL in any form?

1. Yes - in some form (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. Yes - in any form (1 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

3. Not bothered - I will accept either way (6 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. No - under any circumstances (24 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

About 30% didn't want summer in the first place and that's even after the NCL committee made their recommendations that  (RFL Spin) summer would be the eternal life of the amateur game, now we are well into the second season and the tree is only bearing fruit on the chosen tree's I wonder how the vote would go now.

And how is this relevant to DR?  

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#42 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

And how is this relevant to DR?  

Well lets see,

Who instigated the NCL to go into the summer ? how many meetings did the NCL clubs actually have to thrash out the move to summer? who allowed elite junior/youth team building? who told the elite service area kids if they are to get on they will have to go to certain amateur clubs ? who are the elite NCL clubs who are benefitting ? who is going to force DR onto the NCL ?

If you haven't noticed every little change has just been a stepping stone in one direction.

lets also look at the community board, who selected all it's members ?  how and why and who selected the two independent members of the community board? why can't new leagues be set up without the community boards blessing? If you look at who attended some of the community board meetings you'll see nearly as many RFL paid personal there as volunteers, why ?

IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED IT'S ONE CHANGE AFTER ANOTHER AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ENDORSED BY THE SAME FEW PUPPETS, "Who is actually in control of the NCL"

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#43 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

Because this forum is about the NCL, which unless you haven't noticed, is playing in Summer.   If the NCL decide to return to Winter it will be their (the clubs) decision rather than a poll undertaken by a handful of posters on here.

You're straying offside ref I thought that this thread was on dual reg. But while you mention it the NCL won't return to a traditional season because as you so rightly know it has now been grabbed as the next level to support the ailing professional game. The teams however may do. 

#44 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED IT'S ONE CHANGE AFTER ANOTHER AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ENDORSED BY THE SAME FEW PUPPETS, "Who is actually in control of the NCL"

Tut tut you'll be getting a team warning for continuing to stray off thread - but that;s easy to answer - the RFL

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 25 July 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#45 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Because this forum is about the NCL, which unless you haven't noticed, is playing in Summer.   If the NCL decide to return to Winter it will be their (the clubs) decision rather than a poll undertaken by a handful of posters on here.

Who is that the reason!!! i I thought it was because this poll couldn't be manipulated and you may be concerned that the truth may come out who are not happy with summer,

This poll wouldn't change the outcome of the playing season, but it might open people's eyes and give people the opportunity to voice there opinion, in a straight forward no bull poll.

correct me if I'm wrong. The NCL are not summer based but are currently on a three year trail period to be discussed and voted on again if the members want it, so how better to gage the level of interest by a poll on an open forum.

The members were told if summer doesn't work we could always go back to winter, What has changed?

#46 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

As an outsider (to NCL) looking in, it always seems surprising (and silly?) that of all the main UK sports, the only one arguing about amatuer Vs. professional is Rugby League.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#47 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Tut tut you'll be getting a team warning for continuing to stray off thread - but that;s easy to answer - the RFL

It may be straying offfffffff of thread but it's all part of a bigger picture that probably 99% of the people involved with the amateur game have not and still not aware of (That's probably why we are constantly being told we are going off of thread because more and more skulduggery is being unearthed) and you can't tell me that the calibre of the people sat on the top table of the NCL/Community Board/Yorkshire Youth didn't know the full RFL plan - I have to question why, especially when it's obvious that it's not working across the board, maybe a MBE for services to amateur Rugby League :tease:

#48 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

Well lets see,

Who instigated the NCL to go into the summer ? how many meetings did the NCL clubs actually have to thrash out the move to summer? who allowed elite junior/youth team building? who told the elite service area kids if they are to get on they will have to go to certain amateur clubs ? who are the elite NCL clubs who are benefitting ? who is going to force DR onto the NCL ?

If you haven't noticed every little change has just been a stepping stone in one direction.

lets also look at the community board, who selected all it's members ?  how and why and who selected the two independent members of the community board? why can't new leagues be set up without the community boards blessing? If you look at who attended some of the community board meetings you'll see nearly as many RFL paid personal there as volunteers, why ?

I still can't get why you're so very interested in the NCL. Let the NCL Clubs worry about the NCL and "who is actually in control". It isn't your problem. If they want summer or winter - it will be their decision. Unfortunately for you, your opinions won't be considered.

#49 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

I have nailed my colours to the mast ages ago, from a purely personal view I want a return to winter. However as a forum moderator of this NCL Forum I am obviously aware that the Winter Warriors  are hacking every thread.  People are staying away from the forum because they are sick to the back teeth of the repetitive, boring nonsense.   This forum used to thrive on healthy debate and banter about NCL clubs, games, players and referees, now it is a haven for a handful of habitual whingers.

#50 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

I have nailed my colours to the mast ages ago, from a purely personal view I want a return to winter. However as a forum moderator of this NCL Forum I am obviously aware that the Winter Warriors  are hacking every thread.  People are staying away from the forum because they are sick to the back teeth of the repetitive, boring nonsense.   This forum used to thrive on healthy debate and banter about NCL clubs, games, players and referees, now it is a haven for a handful of habitual whingers.

I appreciate what you are saying but most threads turn to winter summer debate, because most of the current talking point are directly relating the the switch,

Games being called off,
Massive difference in score,
The big reduction of youth now not playing in summer
Duel registration
Player availability
The RFL infiltration of the amiture game

It isn't a simple rule that has been changed, it's altered the Cours of over a hundred years of tradition,

How many recent threads have been started that don't link into the switch?

This thread we are currently on wouldn't have been started if the switch haven't taken place , would it?

So you could say the demise of the forum is a result of the switch!!!!!

#51 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

I still can't get why you're so very interested in the NCL. Let the NCL Clubs worry about the NCL and "who is actually in control". It isn't your problem. If they want summer or winter - it will be their decision. Unfortunately for you, your opinions won't be considered.

Why, your having a laugh aren't you, maybe you can tell me why the NCL have two people on the Community Board and BARLA have just the one (Don't tell me Peter is independent, he sounds more RFL than Woody & Rimmer)

"Operational Rules"

#52 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

I remember when you hardly ever got anyone on the NCL forum and it's only really come alive in the last 2 years.

Who we seem to have lost are the guys from the expansion areas who believed everything their development officers (Or where they the development officers acting as the RFL assassin's) told them about BARLA, strangely this drop in traffic does coincide with certain forced redundancy's in the RFL.

#53 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Have to agree . 'Doing a Bowes'  maybe isn't such a bad idea after all............... :)

#54 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

What does make me laugh is how the delicate questions are never answered ?

Being a moderator is  mainly to prevent and monitor abuse not to censor peoples opinions .

I will ask again  were do the NCL chiefs sit with the DR issue ?

I firmly believe both Trevor and Peter uphold the amateur ethos but are they being backed into a corner by the RFL ?

#55 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

No, just pointing them in the right direction.

"The place to talk about the National Conference League".........seems clear enough.

#56 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

I remember when you hardly ever got anyone on the NCL forum and it's only really come alive in the last 2 years.

Who we seem to have lost are the guys from the expansion areas who believed everything their development officers (Or where they the development officers acting as the RFL assassin's) told them about BARLA, strangely this drop in traffic does coincide with certain forced redundancy's in the RFL.

Utter bollix, the posters we have lost are the coaches, administrators, players and fans of NCL clubs who are bored stiff with your perpetual carping and whinging.

#57 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

No, just pointing them in the right direction.

"The place to talk about the National Conference League".........seems clear enough.

Can't you see that what ever happens with the NCL is also tied into what will/has happened in whole of the amateur game, others within the amateur game are now waking up and starting to take notice.

#58 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Surely Mr B as the flagship amateur league one which all clubs aspire to be part of then it makes good sense to have a cross section of opinion and debate or should we join the masons ?

Edited by TaxiEgg, 25 July 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#59 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Utter bollix, the posters we have lost are the coaches, administrators, players and fans of NCL clubs who are bored stiff with your perpetual carping and whinging.

Really, it's not the coaches, administrators and fans who have woken up to the misleading that's been going on in the past ?

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honour, duty, mercy, hope.

Winston Churchill

#60 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

You read without taking in the words, the coaches, fans, etc haven't woken up they have been sent to sleep by your repetitive, narrow minded slant on things.

We know you hate the RFL,

We know you hate anyone in authority,

We know you hate the NCL,

We know you hate summer rugby, because you preach the facts with every click of your keyboard, BUT IT IS IN THE WRONG BLOODY PLACE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users