Photo
- - - - -

Current championship professionals in the NCL

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Dual registration of professionals in the NCL (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Should current pro's dual register in the NCL in any form?

1. Yes - in some form (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. Yes - in any form (1 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

3. Not bothered - I will accept either way (6 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. No - under any circumstances (24 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

You read without taking in the words, the coaches, fans, etc haven't woken up they have been sent to sleep by your repetitive, narrow minded slant on things.

We know you hate the RFL,

We know you hate anyone in authority,

We know you hate the NCL,

We know you hate summer rugby, because you preach the facts with every click of your keyboard, BUT IT IS IN THE WRONG BLOODY PLACE.

I hate how the RFL are bullying the amateur game (I hate bullies full stop)

I happen to run my own company, was a charge-man on a coal face, a gun number 1 in the royal artillery on demob and respect my father.

I don't hate the NCL at all, in fact I look up to it.

I think you will find that I've never once said I hate summer rugby, I have said the concept is a good one and your correct I have and will carry on telling why IMO it will not blossom into what you expect, unless the alternative is killed off, and that brings it back to why I hate the RFL.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#62 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hate is a strong emotion , be like me and many other smart amateur activists wary of a big machine using the amateur game to prop up a failing model .

#63 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

What does make me laugh is how the delicate questions are never answered ?

Being a moderator is  mainly to prevent and monitor abuse not to censor peoples opinions .

I will ask again  were do the NCL chiefs sit with the DR issue ?

I firmly believe both Trevor and Peter uphold the amateur ethos but are they being backed into a corner by the RFL ?

Early stages of memory loss Taxi Egg ?

Have a look at the thread  'Where is the actual proof ' 4th may at #93 , #95 and #96 . My position remains thus far the same.......

And how many times do people need to be told that the NCL  Management have yet to debate the topic , and if it  gets past them in any shape or form it will then be up to  the clubs themselves to decide. The NCL is an affiliated RFL League not a member RFL League - essentially that means ( amongst other things ) it has its own say on how the competition runs. 'Competition ' rules are  a matter for the NCL and DR , according to Robert Hicks , the referee who doubles up as in house Counsel for the RFL , is a competition issue .

#64 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

So Del Boy........even though you have known about Dual Reg since February 2013 when it was supported by the Regulatory Group and put forward to the Community Board in April 2013 who's recommendation it was to "Approve it".............you (NCL Management) have not discussed it?

If you need to find it in amongst your paperwork or electrontic documents then you are looking for the paper that begins................

COMMUNITY DUAL REGISTRATION

"Supporting the movement of Tier 2 Players between professional clubs and Community Tier 3 and 4 clubs who play in the summer based competitions"

Now Del Boy are you saying you have never been party to these discussions at Community Board Level?

Are you also stating that the "CDR" will not be written in to the Operational Rules or in fact it has not yet been agreed that "CDR" will come in to play for the 2014 season...........as of 1st March?

Here's a couple of snippets just to help you remember................after all we could be seeing the "Early stages of memory loss" on this one!!!

"A paper, with the first set of proposals on this matter, was first circulated in July 2012 and various modifications have been made along the way. Whilst it has been protracted community dual registration is now supported".

"Only clubs in the Tier 3 National Conference Leagues and Tier 4 summer based competitions i.e. Premier Division teams, will be eligible for CDR players". 

I just wonder how long its going to take you to answer the above.............if at all.

Edited by LordCharles, 25 July 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#65 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

LordCharles.... why not post that entire document if you keep referring to it?

#66 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

More than happy in most instances to respond to NCL people on their own  forum or at their own meetings .

But I will certainly pick and choose on replying to  NCL outsiders with their own agendas......

I've seen at least 3 different drafts and working papers on this topic over the last 2 years and been involved in extensive meetings. Goes with the territory I'm afraid.

The current document  was passed by a Regulatory Group dominated by Youth and Junior officials. The actual minutes will reveal that the NCL has not been tied , that the BARLA winter leagues have been excluded and that the whole process is now out for wider consultation. And most importantly of all whilst sitting under the general Regulatory umbrella ,  its implementation by non owned RFL Leagues will be a competition issue for those Leagues themselves.

I've spent a long time learning how  to suck eggs Lord Charles.

#67 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Early stages of memory loss Taxi Egg ?

Have a look at the thread  'Where is the actual proof ' 4th may at #93 , #95 and #96 . My position remains thus far the same.......

And how many times do people need to be told that the NCL  Management have yet to debate the topic , and if it  gets past them in any shape or form it will then be up to  the clubs themselves to decide. The NCL is an affiliated RFL League not a member RFL League - essentially that means ( amongst other things ) it has its own say on how the competition runs. 'Competition ' rules are  a matter for the NCL and DR , according to Robert Hicks , the referee who doubles up as in house Counsel for the RFL , is a competition issue .

Before you ask Taxi Egg its on the Community Board started by Lord Charles 0n 18th March  , page 5.........

#68 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

More than happy in most instances to respond to NCL people on their own  forum or at their own meetings .

But I will certainly pick and choose on replying to  NCL outsiders with their own agendas......

I've seen at least 3 different drafts and working papers on this topic over the last 2 years and been involved in extensive meetings. Goes with the territory I'm afraid.

The current document  was passed by a Regulatory Group dominated by Youth and Junior officials. The actual minutes will reveal that the NCL has not been tied , that the BARLA winter leagues have been excluded and that the whole process is now out for wider consultation. And most importantly of all whilst sitting under the general Regulatory umbrella ,  its implementation by non owned RFL Leagues will be a competition issue for those Leagues themselves.

I've spent a long time learning how  to suck eggs Lord Charles.

Well Del Boy...............you would have to think the RFL would have reason to be fairly confident it would be accepted by the few leagues it could only be implemented within...........

"Only clubs in the Tier 3 National Conference Leagues and Tier 4 summer based competitions i.e. Premier Division teams, will be eligible for CDR players". 

Otherwise its been a significant waste of time and resources over the last two years for everyone....................has'nt it?

Just an observation..............from an outsider looking in!!!  :onthequiet:

Edited by LordCharles, 25 July 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#69 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

I couldn't see Mr Hicks saying much against a policy that he probably sat down and helped to devise into a saleable commodity along with Mr Rimmer & Mr Wood

IMO a lot of clubs have put their TRUST with a few Arthur Daley's who bat about and shape an idea before it is put in front of the clubs in terms that may as well be in a foreign tongue.

I'm also sure that the full range of RFL policies to gain their elite pyramid was also available to the chosen few a long time ago, so either the top table think the RFL full package was to much for the clubs to grasp, the full package would have been voted against or was it drip fed in for self preservation.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#70 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

LordCharles.... why not post that entire document if you keep referring to it?

The Community Board yesterday said it had no problems with  Management Groups giving copies to member clubs as part of the consultation process.

The NCL  Management meet on 30th  July and I will be pressing for the documentation to be put on the website  for member clubs to view and make comment prior to the NCL Management meeting with Robert Hicks scheduled for 19th August.

Vice Chair Tony Johnson is going through it all with a fine toothcombe - it's his holiday reading this year.......

#71 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Well Del Boy...............you would have to think the RFL would have reason to be fairly confident it would be accepted by the few leagues it could only be implemented within...........

Otherwise its been a significant waste of time and resources over the last two years for everyone....................has'nt it?

Just an observation..............from an outsider looking in!!!  :onthequiet:

You sometimes have to play a straight bat for a long time to avoid losing your wicket Lord Charles

And the whole DR issue is likely to take on a different perspective in September when the professionals  have to decide their playing formats at all levels

#72 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

The Community Board yesterday said it had no problems with  Management Groups giving copies to member clubs as part of the consultation process.

The NCL  Management meet on 30th  July and I will be pressing for the documentation to be put on the website  for member clubs to view and make comment prior to the NCL Management meeting with Robert Hicks scheduled for 19th August.

Vice Chair Tony Johnson is going through it all with a fine toothcombe - it's his holiday reading this year.......

Holiday read " 50 shades of bollix "

#73 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Holiday read " 50 shades of bollix "

He can't help himself Taxi Egg - he just loves this sort of stuff

#74 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Just read an e mail off Tony.   He's got 40 odd  queries already.............

#75 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

My next poll will be

" Should the NCL forum have a new moderator"   :yes:

#76 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

I vote 'Yes'

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#77 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Which does beg the question................with so many potential issues/queries.............what exactly were the Regulatory Group and Community Board looking at when they proposed/accepted the document as a sound basis on which to move forward?

Edited by LordCharles, 25 July 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#78 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

I vote 'Yes'

Pretend you have some Red & Yellow cards in your top pocket

#79 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Red cards come from the back pocket

#80 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

They used to stay there most of the time. :)

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users