Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

SIDDAL

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Gambler

Gambler
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

I was watching siddal and st pats Saturday and I must say if siddal have a team like that playing for the rest of the season they will win it. They need to keep that team consistent and not many teams will get a result from them!
The stand off Shaun garrod was once again the orchestra with a fine display.

#2 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Couldn't the same be said for most teams, I've watch our team beat the current champions and also get 80 points put past them in the same season, It all depends on who is available on the day for instance, who can remember the last time the league leaders (any league leader) had over 50 points put past them, and more surprisingly not an eye lid has been raised, back in the day a result like that would have been a major talking point, not anymore.

#3 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

They will win it if they play against 10 men every week

#4 SG6

SG6
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Taxi egg if you are connected to st pats and are in any way trying to blame the defeat by saying you went down to 10 men then you are deluded. Best team on the day won. Simple

#5 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

You will be the best team on the day if you have a two man advantage , being blinkered is a form of dilusion .
And wash your mouth out with soap me a pie eater .

#6 SG6

SG6
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Well you can't go around kneeing and kicking people in the head on the rugby field. And while pats had ten they actually won that period 4-0. Maybe they should of carried on with ten?

#7 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

sg6 Siddal were the better team on the day, but i suggest you watch the video, the sending off was from a retaliation, a Siddal player put in at least 2 headbuts that caused the trouble, surely that should also have been a red card as well, twice Siddal given team warnings and penalised afterwards should have been another yellow there at least, as i say Siddal much the better side on the day, after the sending off the ref actually gave Pats the penalty.

#8 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

a big difference on sat was that their was 2 competent touch judges who were not afraid to report foul play to the referee.as for the last time league leaders got beat by 50 points...siddal beat lock lane 50-8 earlier in season wen they were top,then lost at home to myton 2 weeks after who were in bottom 2

#9 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Which game were the competent tjs at it certainly wasn't the Siddal v Pats game.

#10 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Why has the st pats camera man not put the video up on here dinosore, so we can all see who was in the wrong

#11 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

a big difference on sat was that their was 2 competent touch judges who were not afraid to report foul play to the referee.as for the last time league leaders got beat by 50 points...siddal beat lock lane 50-8 earlier in season wen they were top,then lost at home to myton 2 weeks after who were in bottom 2

50-8=42 which means it wasn't the last time the leaders got beaten by 50 points. Just saying.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#12 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

The fight that lead to the sending off started between siddal's 15 and pats 9, the sending off was for pats 7 who ran in and kicked the siddal 15, the second time that a pats player kicked a siddal player in the game,

#13 Ryan hair

Ryan hair
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

#14 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

The fight that lead to the sending off started between siddal's 15 and pats 9, the sending off was for pats 7 who ran in and kicked the siddal 15, the second time that a pats player kicked a siddal player in the game,

The sending off was for a knee, the cameraman is not St.Pats he is independent, both fights were started by Siddal players,This is my final post on the matter, i have many friends at Siddal including Sid and SG6 and don't wish to get into arguments that may damage relationships between the clubs, the discipline panel will get a copy of the game, and make punishment accordingly.

#15 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

I didn't want to go off topic, and I assumed most people can read between the lines, I was referring to a traditional winter season , this is why I referred to ,, Back in thr day, I'm not saying it didn't happen but I can't remember a league leader getting so many points put past then, and if they did, it would have been a big talking point, as apposed to let's all pat siddal on the back thread,

#16 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

50-8=42 which means it wasn't the last time the leaders got beaten by 50 points. Just saying.

the quote by sbull said..wen was the last time league leaders had 50 put past them...not winning by 50 !!!!!!!

#17 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

The sending off was for a knee, the cameraman is not St.Pats he is independent, both fights were started by Siddal players,This is my final post on the matter, i have many friends at Siddal including Sid and SG6 and don't wish to get into arguments that may damage relationships between the clubs, the discipline panel will get a copy of the game, and make punishment accordingly.

yes  its the first time I can recall any incidents between the 2 clubs,both well run clubs who play the game the right way.all the best to pats for the rest off the season

#18 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

the quote by sbull said..wen was the last time league leaders had 50 put past them...not winning by 50 !!!!!!!

You wrote this:-

.as for the last time league leaders got beat by 50 points...siddal beat lock lane 50-8

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#19 old bird

old bird
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

[quote name="sidsmudge" post="2751557" timestamp="1374511863"]a big difference on sat was that their was 2 competent touch judges who were not afraid to report foul play to the referee.

You were lucky that you had touch judges willing to get involved every game I have been to this year we have just had kids running up and down doing nothing but put their hand out after the match for money they don't deserve

If they turn up and run the line make a decision and stand by it, it will make you a better ref promise you stand by what you see

It will make you a better ref

#20 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Siddal v acorn. Good game, siddal always in driving seat, but a young acorn side, never gave up,led well by there number 10, and a couple of good halfbacks. Smallest crowd at siddal for many years, with bar empty before and after. Looks pretty grim from a buissines prospective. Clearly summers not for the fans of siddal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users