Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team of the week!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Town have 3 players in team of the week!
Callum Phillips
Peter Lupton
Graeme Mattinson

#2 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Well done to all 3 ov them

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

In especially pleased for Peter . The standard of his performances this year and his consistency have been outstanding , and have showed how last year was a total anomaly due to injuries . He's shoved a lot of words down a lot of our throats . Vying for player of the season and only getting better as it goes on . It's amazing how many opposition fans say to me they wish they had a Lupton .

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

In especially pleased for Peter . The standard of his performances this year and his consistency have been outstanding , and have showed how last year was a total anomaly due to injuries . He's shoved a lot of words down a lot of our throats . Vying for player of the season and only getting better as it goes on . It's amazing how many opposition fans say to me they wish they had a Lupton .

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Oops

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

totally agree on lupton, its certainly between him,callum,coward and acton for player of the year so far for me, and i think you could throw olstrum in there as well. he controls games, but to be fair even by his own admission he never delivered last season and owed us a big year and is certainly delivering so far.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Calum for his impact from the amateur scene, but my vote for player of the year would have to go to big kris coward, probably the most improvement I've ever seen in a town player from the big lump who looked scared to run when we first signed him to the big lump who'd run through brick walls and keep coming back for more now.

#8 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, Kris would get my vote too. At the start of the season most would have had him down as 4th in the pecking order, now he's first choice without a doubt. Good on you big fella....

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

All those big names ... I'll show you who's pack leader !! Top notch season . I'd go for Lupton though , he's the string puller in chief , he's involved in everything in attack , his kicking is good , and he guides the team round the paddock . Look at a player who you'd miss most if he wasnt there , and I'd say him at present . Narrowly from Callum , Coward and Matty who are all outstanding .

Edited by DavidM, 22 July 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

i would say big kris as well, when he was 1st coming through he used to fall over daisies, now hes like a cumbrian tank. and i think his most underrated aspect is his defence, hes also now added a good few tries to his game as well. lets hope weve already offered the big fella a contract for next year.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#11 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

Very well done to all three of them, also a great sign that all of our 3 utility players are improving as the season moves onwards. all getting recognition now

#12 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

I would give it to Coward as well improving more and more every game been the best forward this seaon. Callum and Olstrom should be in the mix aswell

#13 Ben10

Ben10
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Rumour in millom has it that peter might be signing for Whitehaven as town have not offered him a new contract.

#14 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Rumour in millom has it that peter might be signing for Whitehaven as town have not offered him a new contract.

Are you sure that isn't an infamous sellafield rumour ?

#15 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Are you sure that isn't an infamous sellafield rumour ?

Thought he was moving to America after this season?

#16 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

If it's true that town got him a job it would be unlikely he'd go anywhere unless the club ge was leaving for could find him employment too.

#17 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

I'm sure Whitehaven could get him into sellafield, a few years back every single player worked there, including the Kiwi's. If the late Bin Laden and Yassa Araffat had signed for them I'm sure they would have been working there as well. they would have breezed through security checks !!!!
I found it incredible that they all walked into jobs while there were locals desperate for jobs.

#18 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

I take it Whitehaven are getting the local residents to pay more council tax again to pay for the players as they always seem to be signing our players for next season early enough, I mean it goes back to matty when they made clowns of themselves saying they had signed him, Peter has played his best rugby recently and has a team he wants playing around him why leave unless of course a trip to the USA looms!! Of course we have a cracker lines up next season so that won't be a bad thing!!

#19 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

No coincidence that havens overseas players and biggest earners have now left. I assume the overspend down there is starting to bite.

Checking their first 12 months accounts as haven 2010 they're already technically insolvent!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users