Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Team and predictions for Batley

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Miller
Flynn
Morris
Connor
Mossop
Lupton
Callum
Dowes
Matty
Coward
Brett
Stack
Olstrom

Forber
Thacks
Walne
Acton

Batley 26 town 18

Edited by scott, 22 July 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#2 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

CARTER MILLER CONNER MORRIS FLYNN LUPTON CALLUM COWARD MATTY WALNE BRETT STACKY OLSTRUM   ACTON THACKS DOWES FORDER TOWN 24 BATLEY 16

#3 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'm guessing there is going to be a bit of rotation over the next few games so it anyone's guess what the team will be really. Could quite easily add Shacks, Carter, Calders and Rooney to that squad.

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm guessing there is going to be a bit of rotation over the next few games so it anyone's guess what the team will be really. Could quite easily add Shacks, Carter, Calders and Rooney to that squad.

Maybe bring them in for the Sheffield game to rest a few for fev home

#5 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 864 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Everyone will play in the next 3 games and expect the dual reg to be used too

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

The way it's gaan at the moment we should target the Batley game , then rest / rotate for Sheffield , then aim for a big game v Fev . Your on a hiding to nowt in a midweek game at a top side three days after playing another one. I see Thacks n Carter in our top 17 and would take them to Batley if available , form or no form you want your xfactor players . Take DR to Sheffield if we have weary bodies .

Edited by DavidM, 22 July 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

team for me would be
carter
flynn
connor
mossop
miller
lupton
callum
dowes
matty
coward
stack
phillips
olstrum

walne
shacks
thacks
acton

a bonus is very achievable, but honestly i think our chances a slim.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Looks good . I think we've seen by now that big Red ain't no strike centre . His hands and potency out wide are pretty poor really . He should be knocking trees over and bulldozing over the line but he isn't . He's got cover second row written on him if we retain him . I'm disappointed in him for his size and physique .

#9 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

What's the chances of Town getting Lawton this weekend?  I'd guess slim after his hat-rick for Widnes at the weekend.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Looks good . I think we've seen by now that big Red ain't no strike centre . His hands and potency out wide are pretty poor really . He should be knocking trees over and bulldozing over the line but he isn't . He's got cover second row written on him if we retain him . I'm disappointed in him for his size and physique .

the difficult choice will be when rooney is back and fully fit, because for me he has to start over the other centres, and yesterday connor had about his best game for us and his goal kicking alone will win us matches

#11 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hearing Dan Rooney is ready to play vs batley
bluewhitearmy

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

I'm hoping Rooney is the man because let's be honest , we don't have a strike centre at all . Connor and Rooney is looking the best when he's fit . Connors kicking gets him a spot , gee he belts a ball , and I still say he must be able to run with muscles on muscles . One day we will see him run in space. ! ( not run in space , you know what I mean )

Edited by DavidM, 22 July 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#13 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Miller Flynn Connor Morris Carter Lupton Callum Coward Matty Shackley B.Phillips Stack Olstrum Walne Acton Thacks Rooney
bluewhitearmy

#14 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

Miller Flynn Rooney mossop Connor Lupton Phillips coward mattinson dowes Phillips stack walne - Olstrum acton shackley Morris

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

ive got a sneaking feeling you can win this one guys...just hope we can pull one out the hat at the keepmoat ?

Edited by morty, 23 July 2013 - 07:33 AM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

ive got a sneaking feeling you can win this one guys...just hope we can pull one out the hat at the keepmoat ?

i actually think donny are a harder team to play at the minute than batley. they have hit a great bit of form and on form are probably a top 6 side. but hope you csn pull it off and good luck.

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

We've more chance at Batley ... I don't think we'd win at Donny if we went every day !!! Listening to Kear and their fans , there's no doubt they're in a vulnerable place . Huge ask with our away form , but if you get a fast start and show intent from the off against a side that's a bit brittle mentally you never know . Doubts resurface , crowd gets on their back . Start is vital . Tough job but better now than a few weeks back ?

Edited by DavidM, 23 July 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#18 recre2

recre2
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Batley 44 Town 14

#19 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Dogs 34 town 26 a point will do but on our day we could take all 3

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Recre your predictions lately regarding town haven't been so good ... We didn't lose 28-16 to dewsbury and Swinton wasn't a very tough game which could go either way , so hope your record keeps going .