Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Team and predictions for Batley

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#21 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Recre your predictions lately regarding town haven't been so good ... We didn't lose 28-16 to dewsbury and Swinton wasn't a very tough game which could go either way , so hope your record keeps going .

You're correct........ he predicted 4 points from these home fixtures

Town Home:- Leigh (0), Dewsbury (BP), Swinton (W)

And we managed 9!!! :P

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#22 recre2

recre2
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Have I ever claimed to be perfect. I could trawl through some of your lots predictions to show how wrong you've been. Isn't it supposed to be what you THINK the score will be. If everyone could get the scores right all the time then the bookies wouldn't last long. You lot are still very insecure with anyone coming on and offering a difference of opinion to your blinkered view.

Thanks OttO for digging my predictions out cos I like the last part of them which stated about a certain 3 points we were going to get off a team (how wrong was I with that bit? Selective quoting is great isn't it)

#23 recre2

recre2
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Batley 44 Town 14

After being shown the error of my ways and obviously I dont give Town enough credit so can I change MY prediction to

Batley 44 Town 16

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yes , that confirms you're just a wind up merchant as we thought

#25 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

After being shown the error of my ways and obviously I dont give Town enough credit so can I change MY prediction to

Batley 44 Town 16

Thanks for your prediction but shouldnt you be more bothered Mr parker is off home to PNG for good this friday

#26 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Have I ever claimed to be perfect. I could trawl through some of your lots predictions to show how wrong you've been. Isn't it supposed to be what you THINK the score will be. If everyone could get the scores right all the time then the bookies wouldn't last long. You lot are still very insecure with anyone coming on and offering a difference of opinion to your blinkered view.

Thanks OttO for digging my predictions out cos I like the last part of them which stated about a certain 3 points we were going to get off a team (how wrong was I with that bit? Selective quoting is great isn't it)

Don't suppose you've noticed but I don't make predictions about the outcome of matches.

Recre2, your just another Haven Troll who has taken to posting on here just to try and wind us up. Funny how you lot never posted on here when there was a Haven section of the forum, that's why it disappeared.

Edited by OttO, 23 July 2013 - 07:59 PM.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#27 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

I really fancy workington this Weekend. Batley are not playing well at all. I know Worky havent exactly hit the traps recently but Batley have been scrapping results. I suppose it will come down to whether Worky can do the basics right and not give away to much possession ( which you seem to do far to much in crucial area's) I honestly do not think you will have to do much better than recent displays to get a result there.

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Spot on mate . We match most when we do the basics , our game flows then . But to often its stop - start and a struggle due to our own errors . We make games harder than they should be , and away against top sides these deficiencies kill ya. We have a big win in us I'm sure of it , if we don't give away any gifts we are capable .

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Ha ha ha ... Just seen a headline on Skysports that said ' Rooney closes in on comeback ' ... Wow , go Dan !!!

#30 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Spot on mate . We match most when we do the basics , our game flows then . But to often its stop - start and a struggle due to our own errors . We make games harder than they should be , and away against top sides these deficiencies kill ya. We have a big win in us I'm sure of it , if we don't give away any gifts we are capable .

Never mind batley guys just beat the eagles on Wednesday wink wink lol.

#31 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for your prediction but shouldnt you be more bothered Mr parker is off home to PNG for good this friday

getting wheeler and percival to replace him family issues forcing him home already signed for next season hopefully with mr bond just needs to be picked for PNG world cup squad shouldn,t be a problem

#32 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

6 points in it either way this weekend batley seem to have lost the plot recently depends how town start off

#33 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

We are woeful at the minute, team spirit and confidence is at an all time low, and thats just the fans! theres definitely unrest in the camp.

Its the best time to play us, I think we are there for the taking for you guys.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#34 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Our away form leaves a lot to be desired,so it could be a scrappy affair.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#35 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

even with all these factors i just dont fancy us to win it. id honestly be happy with 1 or 2 points from the next 3, then we can give the cougars a good hiding up here to cement our place for next season and hopefully help send them down
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#36 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

We are woeful at the minute, team spirit and confidence is at an all time low, and thats just the fans! theres definitely unrest in the camp.

Its the best time to play us, I think we are there for the taking for you guys.

I read somewhere you've lost 4 in a row, I'm surprised by that as I thought you were very good at our place earlier in the season, nowt too flashy but did the basics extremely well.
I just don't think we travel well enough to beat a top 5 side away from home despite your form, I'm hoping for a win but realistically think a bp will be our spoils for the day.

#37 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

I read somewhere you've lost 4 in a row, I'm surprised by that as I thought you were very good at our place earlier in the season, nowt too flashy but did the basics extremely well.
I just don't think we travel well enough to beat a top 5 side away from home despite your form, I'm hoping for a win but realistically think a bp will be our spoils for the day.

Got to admit I'm shocked by their form at present too as IMO they have the best defence in the league. But looking on their forum theirs alot of their players leaving next season so maybe their minds are on their new jobs next season.

#38 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Got to admit I'm shocked by their form at present too as IMO they have the best defence in the league. But looking on their forum theirs alot of their players leaving next season so maybe their minds are on their new jobs next season.

Its just a shame it isn't having the same effect on next season Batley players currently at Fev ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#39 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Its just a shame it isn't having the same effect on next season Batley players currently at Fev ;)

Piggy all the best are signed on so your only going to get our rejects lol.

#40 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

Good matchday experience at Batley, nice folk & last time it was pleasant sipping cider next to the 'garden' in glorious sunshine. Just hope we can bring something back this time to make the day complete. Looking forward to it. If we turn up, could surprise a few folk.