Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Team and predictions for Batley

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#41 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

I know it hikes the costs up but maybe an overnight stay for targetted away games would make a difference to our away form?

Edited by Monkeydo, 25 July 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#42 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Tough game. Play well and their poor form continues you never know but yes a tough fixture.

#43 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

getting wheeler and percival to replace him family issues forcing him home already signed for next season hopefully with mr bond just needs to be picked for PNG world cup squad shouldn,t be a problem

Are you really ????  Gaz has just gone under the knife again and Mark is also going under the knife for knee surgery !!!! then again I suppose they would both do better on one leg than some of your boys  :tongue:

#44 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Where thacks and calders training last night?

#45 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Are you really ???? Gaz has just gone under the knife again and Mark is also going under the knife for knee surgery !!!! then again I suppose they would both do better on one leg than some of your boys :tongue:

Some of our boys as you call them have shown how centers and wingers should play this season,I suggest you look at the trys scored by our center/wingers before you go running them down

#46 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

This is a batley v town predictions page why you lot talking wet please refrain

#47 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Yeah just like the try Elliot miller scored at the wreck?

#48 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

One try ,look at game to try ratios for ours v yours it highlights what most of you have been saying all season .link play from your fowards to backs has been too slow and as a result defence is up on them before they have room to move .Miller is a quality winger but has had poor service this season compared to last .

Edited by haven4ever, 26 July 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#49 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

And when Jessie the hero arrived at the rec and was welcomed by dan Rooney several times, crash bang wallop

#50 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

step up in league and a step up in the player proved himself and then some back end of last season and this.
only have to look at the lack of SJP cracks on here this season ,he certainly quietened you lot down.for the record i think you stand a very good chance of win on sunday, you could not be playing them at a better time.It looks like there is lots of trouble in their camp

Edited by haven4ever, 26 July 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#51 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

he certainley quitened you lot down

ha ha ha ha.....

Ha ha ha.....

#52 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Our service out wide and passing along the line certainly do need sharpening , only then do you see what your backs have in their locker . Luptons done great in a position that's not really his home , so as well as a strike centre it would be good to get a natural organising half with good kicking and passing skills to compliment Callum's flair game . ! I think we have the capacity to win a big game , but seeing our level of away performance in terms of consistency and quality I'll be stunned if we win at Batley .

Edited by DavidM, 26 July 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#53 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Anyone else think it is unfair that Town have only a two day gap before they play Sheffield on Wednesday after Batley on Sunday, yet Sheffield play tonight and thus have a four day rest before they meet us? Clever fixture arrangements by them, especially as their next match (like us) is the following Sunday.
Although I am not suggesting we do this, but DR allows us to play five Widnes players against Batley on Sunday (no game for Widnes this week) and thus improve our squads chances on Wednesday. Perhaps that is not sportsmanlike!

Edited by Supporter, 26 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#54 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Anyone else think it is unfair that Town have only a two day gap before they play Sheffield on Wednesday after Batley on Sunday, yet Sheffield play tonight and thus have a four day rest before they meet us? Clever fixture arrangements by them, especially as their next match (like us) is the following Sunday.
Although I am not suggesting we do this, but DR allows us to play five Widnes players against Batley on Sunday (no game for Widnes this week) and thus improve our squads chances on Wednesday. Perhaps that is not sportsmanlike!

It might not be sportsmanlike, but hey, since when did that matter this season, anything seems to go!! Three games in 8 days against the top clubs is enough for more better equipped clubs than us to manage so get the DR's in and share the load.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#55 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Sheffield 22-0 Keighley HT

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

34-10 ... So that's four below us who've played 20

#57 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

step up in league and a step up in the player proved himself and then some back end of last season and this.
only have to look at the lack of SJP cracks on here this season ,he certainly quietened you lot down.for the record i think you stand a very good chance of win on sunday, you could not be playing them at a better time.It looks like there is lots of trouble in their camp

we all took the **** out of JSP last season because frankly he was pants. you would have to be churlish not to admit that the guy has played well this season, we would all like him playing for us that's for sure.

Just one question H4E..............When did he quieten us lot down exactly ?

#58 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

there was a thread about sjp evey other week on here last season,none this ,he set off slow last season but last 4 or 5 games came good won us a vital game away at rochdale to secure promotion

#59 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

there was a thread about sjp evey other week on here last season,none this ,he set off slow last season but last 4 or 5 games came good won us a vital game away at rochdale to secure promotion

You failed to answer my question H4E ;)

#60 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

ive answered your question , all very quiet on here about jjp this season

Edited by haven4ever, 26 July 2013 - 10:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users