Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

next season

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Given the choice what would fans prefer. do we go down the dual reg route or do we go back to how we were before. I think dual reg has been a massive con and I would prefer to go back to being Hunslet again. What do other fans think?

Edited by sgt pepper, 22 July 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#2 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

Deff all hunslet
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#3 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

ALL HUNSLET AND NEW COACH.

#4 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

so where are we gonna get some decent players from if go back to where we were before? Considering most other clubs are all DR or getting loan players we would be out on a limb,  the only reason we arent half way up this league is because of sheer bad luck - our DR Clubs biggest injury crisis ive ever known plus our best player being out long term.No other club has had luck like this apart from maybe York - Cooke has hardly missed a game for Donny, Pryce for Dewsbury, Harrison for Barrow these are all players that are so important to winning games at this level, with Grimmer fit we would have got at least another 5-6 points minimum but we all know its not to be.If it wasnt for bad luck we,d have no luck at all this season, even Barrow last sunday bring a Salford loanee Davies in for his 1st game and he gets 2 tries, the week before Donny,s DR players Kay and Trout from Wakey plus Dawson from Hudds get the tries to beat us. We battle on to the end but by god ive never known bad luck like this, everything has conspired to send us down this season.

Posted Image

#5 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

NEXT SEASON ? - Start with a completely new coaching team.

Continue with Dual Reg-- forget sentiment there isn't enough "good" players about to do otherwise.

Start setting the stall out now, and let HIST inform the few members who will be left whats going on.

#6 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 876 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Impossible to say yet until we see which division we are in. I would expect at this point the club is coming up with two separate plans for 2014, dependent on whether we go down or not.

As for Dual Reg, my hope is that the goalposts get properly nailed down so that there are no "blurred lines" (or as some might call it, abuse of the system).

In any case, any use of DR should be used to complement and enhance the existing squad. If you get to the stage where you are dependent on it, quite simply, you're in trouble.

As far as luck is concerned, no, we haven't had much of it this season (though there's the old saying that you make your own luck). They also say it tends to even itself out over the season, in which case we should plenty of it on our side over the closing weeks ...

#7 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I am a life long Hunslet supporter of almost 40 years and having read the forum for several years I have

finally decided to join in. As with most Hunslet fans I was dubious about DR and didn't want to accept any

help from Leeds and have always said I would rather see the club fold than take help from the Rhinos.

When the reality of what that means sinks in though, you have to face the facts and the survival of the

club is paramount and for such a poorly supported club as the Hawks, DR is the only way we can compete

with better supported teams.

I agree with everything King of Leon says and the bad luck we have had this season has conspired to make

sure we were always going to be in the bottom few clubs. If we do go down the DR system might be the only

way that we can bounce back as money would be so tight that we would be on a par financially with the other

Championship 1 clubs. We have to realise that we have been punching above our weight for many years now

and have done well to even compete at all with the better supported clubs.

If Leeds hadn't had their injury crisis we might have been able to exploit the DR system to our advantage but

to be honest we have little choice but to continue using it. This might make us a feeder club in some peoples

eyes but if we are honest we and other lower division clubs have been effectively that for many years. In the

past every time we had a good prospect Leeds or some other club would come and poach them while paying

us peanuts. 

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Spot on Lincolnshire Hawk.
Posted Image

#9 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

It's looking increasingly as though the rfl will be changing the rules on dual reg anyway so maybe it's time to wake up and realise that we are a championship one club.unless we find some serious financial backing then we are stuck with what we have and it's time we cut our cloth accordingly

#10 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

LUCK ! You make your own Luck in Life !! At Barrow TWICE from the Restart ,Barrow messed up . Kicking dead and being offside . LUCK giving Hunslet the advantage ,Alas Incompetent coaching and no game plan meant Hunslet squandered the chance. This Club and Season can be saved.The Fans Co operative that OWN Hunslet need to BITE THE BULLET , And SACK THE COACH . He has Underachieved! SHAME ON YOU ALL ! Should this Great Club Fail. Its in YOUR HANDS ! !

#11 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

LUCK ! You make your own Luck in Life !! At Barrow TWICE from the Restart ,Barrow messed up . Kicking dead and being offside . LUCK giving Hunslet the advantage ,Alas Incompetent coaching and no game plan meant Hunslet squandered the chance. This Club and Season can be saved.The Fans Co operative that OWN Hunslet need to BITE THE BULLET , And SACK THE COACH . He has Underachieved! SHAME ON YOU ALL ! Should this Great Club Fail. Its in YOUR HANDS ! !

Just an opinion. But don't you think its too late in the season to sack your coach? I mean it could take weeks/months to bring in a new coach and also I personally don't think he will have much time to turn the club around once the new coach gets the job. He will need time to settle in. Personally I would show faith in eaton till the end of the season and see what he can achieve. That's just my opinion of course.

Edited by thundergaz, 23 July 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#12 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

To thundergaz .Its all about opinions . The guy has had all season,Hunslet are bottom ,a new coach couldnt do any worse .The team need Motivation and Ideas .For me Mr Paul Daley is the way forward . Since I first got Ridiculed for suggesting this.Hunslet have Lost Winnable games at keighley,donny and barrow !Hes had a fair chance and let Hunslet down . Time to Move On , OR DOWN ?

#13 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Listen 72, you could have Wayne Bennett. John Monie, Malcolm Reilly and Uncle Tom Cobley and all coaching this team but when you suddenly get the likes of Keinhorst, Moore and Singleton ripped out of the team through an unprecedented injury situation plus not only your main attacking threat at stand off but also your best defender getting a long term injury then it was always gonna be a back to the wall job.Its a bleedin miracle weve got 21 points tbh.
Posted Image

#14 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

To King of Leon .None of the above players were playing at Barrow ,Yet Hunslet SHOULD Have won. The Guys are putting a shift in And I am Happy with The Commitment And Effort i see .The Lack of ideas , game plan ,match playstratagies are MISSING !Down to (usually) the Coach.If your happy to watch Hunslet Blindly stumble on (headless chickens) and Go Down ,thats fine its Your team.For my team The squad players Are GOODENOUGH ,The Coach Isnt ! ! ! !

#15 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

have to agree with this post.the silence from hist is deafening. Do they have the know how and resources to continue running our great club or are they out of their depth?

Edited by sgt pepper, 23 July 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#16 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

To king of leon .How can you bang on about kienhorst and moore being ripped out of the team ,Are they not Leeds R.L.players ? And as such not in The HUNSLET Team to start with ! !

#17 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

To thundergaz .Its all about opinions . The guy has had all season,Hunslet are bottom ,a new coach couldnt do any worse .The team need Motivation and Ideas .For me Mr Paul Daley is the way forward . Since I first got Ridiculed for suggesting this.Hunslet have Lost Winnable games at keighley,donny and barrow !Hes had a fair chance and let Hunslet down . Time to Move On , OR DOWN ?

Obviously you know more about what's going on at your club than I do. I just feel to be making wholesale changes as getting rid of your coach so near to the end of the season would be a mistake. Eaton knows his best team/performers and all the rest etc. if you bring in a new coach now which like I said could take weeks/months their is no way he would know who his best team is and alot of tinkering would occur which IMO at this time of the season tinkering is the last thing you should be doing.

#18 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

Without DR we would be back to the situation where we would be building a team mainly from the players

that nobody else wants. With our level of support we simply can't compete with teams who have even 

2 - 300 more supporters than us. If DR stays in whatever form we have to use it because we have no

choice and although it would be great to have a stand alone squad with fully comitted Hunslet players the

team would probably not be good enough to compete at Championship level.

There is no doubt that the DR system does affect the morale of the squad players who miss out, but

what would Leeds United do if they were offered Ronaldo by Read Madrid for 50% of their games?

Would they say no thanks because the player who normally plays in his position would be upset or

would they accept the offer because his goals would get the club promoted? Its a real dilemma which

most Hunslet supporters would rather not have to face but where were we last season with no DR players?

The coach is obviously a problem although I think that most supporters were impressed at first by his

intelligence and how articulate he is. That of course does not mean he is a good coach although 

according to people sat near him at matches he is as frustrated as we are with the teams

performances. If we brought another coach in would it make any difference this late in the season and

would the new guy use DR players or not.

By the way Paul Daley is a fantastic guy who would be an asset to our coaching team even if only to give

a motivational speech before the match and at half time. 

#19 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Thankyou Linconshirehawk.I did firstly ask for Mr Daley to be onboard to assist and advise .YES.Its The Motivation ,the Ability Paul has to Build up Confidence. See what the OWNERS Think !

#20 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Thankyou Linconshirehawk.I did firstly ask for Mr Daley to be onboard to assist and advise .YES.Its The Motivation ,the Ability Paul has to Build up Confidence. See what the OWNERS Think !

Out of the current squad who would you like to see stay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users