TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

next season

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Each and every one of them. Competition for game time has to be healthy for the club . Who would you like to stay ?

#22 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Look , lets get realistic , every club in this division uses the DR or the loan system, the fact that our DR Club has just experienced the biggest injury crisis is just sheer bad luck, its Hunslets luck - which is bad luck.Name me a game where we havent had the run of the ball this season, even other results usually conspire to jonah us every sunday. On another note where was Aston Wilson last sunday? a big strapping kid who could easily play second row if not centre ?

Posted Image

#23 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

Would it be possible for Hunslet to dual reg with an alternative club to Leeds R.L.?? People need to get Wise . Leeds only do things for the Sole Benefit of Leeds ! They dont care 1 iota as to Hunslets Future !!

#24 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

Obviously you know more about what's going on at your club than I do. I just feel to be making wholesale changes as getting rid of your coach so near to the end of the season would be a mistake. Eaton knows his best team/performers and all the rest etc. if you bring in a new coach now which like I said could take weeks/months their is no way he would know who his best team is and alot of tinkering would occur which IMO at this time of the season tinkering is the last thing you should be doing.

he doesn't Gaz, he thinks Hunslet have the divine right to win every game they play and its all Barry Eaton's fault that he hasn't got average players playing like superstars.

Kind of idiot that blames the coach for the poor first half, letting in 28 points in our case and then claims the fight back was nothing to do with the coach

Edited by noname6, 23 July 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#25 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

ALL HUNSLET AND NEW COACH.

Did Barry Eaton once take you out for a seafood dinner, but then never called you back?

Posted Image

#26 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

League position dosnt lie.Change must occur or Hunslet will be RELEGATED And DIE !! Simple As . .

#27 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Well done noname6 .Finally the penny has dropped . The mark of a GREAT Coach is one who can Motivate players to Perform Above their station !Mr Daley Can DO this ! League position suggest Mr Eaton Cant .

#28 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Well done noname6 .Finally the penny has dropped . The mark of a GREAT Coach is one who can Motivate players to Perform Above their station !Mr Daley Can DO this ! League position suggest Mr Eaton Cant .

yes that's why all the good motivation coaches are doing well in the game at the moment, the technical coaches clearly have no place in the game. Yours sincerely Tony Smith, Brian McDermott, Michael Maguire, Craig Bellamy, Des Hasler...

Edited by noname6, 23 July 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#29 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 770 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

The way the R.L. acts, if any of the Champ 1 clubs pack up, it might go back to one big division. After all, they aren't making money either and are a libility like us.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

yes that's why all the good motivation coaches are doing well in the game at the moment, the technical coaches clearly have no place in the game. Yours sincerely Tony Smith, Brian McDermott, Michael Maguire, Craig Bellamy, Des Hasler...

Anyone can do a good job with money behind em , its the one who has'nt got the money that has to motivate his players.......... i agree and disagree with alot thats been said on this topic , to get rid of B.Eaton its gunna cost the club , but also can be said is why did the club sign him for another year , i know other clubs were sniffing round and if we were futher up the table this topic would be a different story , Barry was a good kicker and tactision as a player , but we don't see this put to the players , but you need these players that can carry these moves out , which we hav'nt got , at the weekend we could av gone for 2 points and got a draw but the players ran the ball , the players probally could'nt hear what all 4 coaches were shouting...........personally i'd have Mark Cass in charge with his own assistant , just my view..........

#31 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Anyone can do a good job with money behind em , its the one who has'nt got the money that has to motivate his players.......... i agree and disagree with alot thats been said on this topic , to get rid of B.Eaton its gunna cost the club , but also can be said is why did the club sign him for another year , i know other clubs were sniffing round and if we were futher up the table this topic would be a different story , Barry was a good kicker and tactision as a player , but we don't see this put to the players , but you need these players that can carry these moves out , which we hav'nt got , at the weekend we could av gone for 2 points and got a draw but the players ran the ball , the players probally could'nt hear what all 4 coaches were shouting...........personally i'd have Mark Cass in charge with his own assistant , just my view..........

I wouldn't mind seeing cassy back in charge to be honest.it would be interesting to see how any coach does with the players we have just to see some fresh ideas on the park.

#32 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing cassy back in charge to be honest.it would be interesting to see how any coach does with the players we have just to see some fresh ideas on the park.

I thought Roy and Billy did a good job with what they had to work with and they did have some decent players to work with , the work that Barry does in the community the fans don't see and he is probally doing a good job , but its what the fans see on the pitch , we are running a championship side with championship 1 budget , when Barry came a lot of the media were quoting him to being a next Super League coach............

#33 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

just to add to the dual reg problem, the super league clubs are supposed to be running u23's next season, most of the dr are u23's.

Teams in the championship may not have a choice of many players

#34 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Did someone just seriously suggest that you should get Paul Daley to replace Eaton??!! A good coach in his day no doubt, but the game has moved on since the Jurassic period. How utterly proposterous.

Posted Image

#35 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

just to add to the dual reg problem, the super league clubs are supposed to be running u23's next season, most of the dr are u23's.

Teams in the championship may not have a choice of many players

I just knew 2nd team rugby would come back for Super League clubs , well done RFL for getting it wrong again , what a joke they are :lazy:

#36 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

To The Terminater .what suggestions do you have to Hunslets CRISIS ? ? Mr Daley could not do anyworse .We are 2nd bottom .

#37 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

To The Terminater .what suggestions do you have to Hunslets CRISIS ? ? Mr Daley could not do anyworse .We are 2nd bottom .

Try a coach who is familiar with modern coaching techniques. Calling for Paul Daley is like me demanding that David Ward be brought back to Mount Pleasant. Peter Roe would be a good fit for your club. Experienced, successful, a good motivator and unlike Paul Daley involved as a head coach on a comparatively recent basis.

Edited by TheTerminator, 23 July 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Posted Image

#38 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

To put the record straight , I worked with Andy Shickell on the building site and told him that i could get him a trial at Hunslet , so the next day Roy Sampson went to see Andy and his brother Mark and the rest as they say is history , when i asked Roy the following day what he thought of him he said spot on , Paul Daley was with Roy and he said to me , i've spoken to Gary Heth about this lad and pay him x amount of £ and you've got a right player on your hands , he'd not even pulled a Hunslet shirt on and Paul was trying to tap him up for Leeds , i see Paul a lot and like him , but at the end of the day he's up at Leeds

#39 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

your team could DR with us fev ?? the amount of players we are surposed to be signing next season we could field two teams next season ??? anyway good luck for the rest of the season hope all goes well for you guys

#40 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

I know hes up at Leeds R.L. and being Hunslets dual reg club . I thought it would make sense to ask Paul to Help out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users