Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax away on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 David

David
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

OK. So I've enjoyed a rather nice bottle of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc to accompany my quiche after returning from Halifax and then watching Hull v Warrington. Two superb games. I was so proud of York today and they should have won. Congratulations to the young ladies vociferously supporting 'York, York, York' in the last quarter. En passant, may I say I totally agree with Clarence Street's post regarding Dave Woods and that wonderful day in Warrington.

#42 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Didn't make it over to Fax today so made do with Ackos dulcet tones, you could hear clearly Andy that the home fans wished to strangle Mr Stokes for most of the match, in fact it sounded a bit like sitting amidst some of our fans at times.

Anyway, congratulations to the Knights players for putting in a massive effort and coming away with what was for me an unexpected bonus point. Lets hope now that our Jekyll and Hyde players have regained their confidence and kick on from here. 

Thankfully Peter, most of the vitriol ( and advice ) dispensed to Mr Stokes by the Fax fans was dampened by my headset !! ;)

#43 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Oh I heard plenty of it up in the back of the East Stand!

Posted Image

#44 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,676 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Well done Knights on a very good performance today.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#45 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Outstanding performance yesterday - 17 lads & the coaching staff deserved more than 1 point

for that effort & commitment, spoke to some of the players after the game & they were adamant

Tom's penalty had gone over.

Tom possibly MOM for me - some excellent kicking from hand, Elvis & Johno stood up & took

responsibility, all of the pack outstanding, Luke Stenchion had his best game of the season for me.

To all the Fev fans who come on here - thanks a *****ing lot for yesterday....

#46 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Press report here

http://www.yorkpress...ity_Knights_16/

Playing devil's advocate here, but Reittie bombed a sitter and, going on memory, Fax had 2 tries ruled out for lazy forward passes, so maybe a bonus point wasn't so bad after all.

Didn't see incident with Tonks on Jack Latus though some folk are saying it should have brought a card. Add that to the flag-up-flag-down decisions, and i'm not sure why Halifax fans should be moaning so much about the ref.

#47 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Press report here

http://www.yorkpress...ity_Knights_16/

Playing devil's advocate here, but Reittie bombed a sitter and, going on memory, Fax had 2 tries ruled out for lazy forward passes, so maybe a bonus point wasn't so bad after all.

Didn't see incident with Tonks on Jack Latus though some folk are saying it should have brought a card. Add that to the flag-up-flag-down decisions, and i'm not sure why Halifax fans should be moaning so much about the ref.

If there is something in the Tonks/Latus incident, Pete, it will get reviewed from the video, wont it ?

#48 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Johnston & Pickets in team of the week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users