Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

wakey/widnes crowd trouble video

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Can't see how you can blame the stewards, if they'd have gone steaming in they'd be accused of being heavy handed and escalating the incident.

Two sets of brain dead idiots who can't hold their beer and got delusional about their ability to fight, embarrassing!

Route them out, name, shame and ban them!

I also agree with Larry that the half assed segregation and the lackadaisical control of beer outlets needs sorting out.

#42 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

Looks like aload of middle aged men from wakefield trying to pick on kids. They should get banned for that and nothing shud happen to any widnes fan as from watching tht video they had to defend them selfs from several unprovoked attacks. And before anyone says shouting and banter doesn't condone violence.

#43 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,289 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

Let's guess who you support.

#44 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Found the blond girl very amusing though, making sure she stayed in camera shot, as if she was the star of some kind of reality tv show!

I thought she did quite well actually. Clearly spoke to a few 'men' and told them to keep out of it.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#45 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Let's guess who you support.

If ur on about me i dont support either team. Just saying what i saw on tht video footage.

#46 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Come on then...I'll 'ave yer...

Did you spill my pint?

Don't you dare spill my pint :)

#47 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Minus a few kilos not too shabby too:)  On a more serious note its this (Although thank god not too often) that put,s off major sponsors from getting involved in RL.

The game has a massive image problem and lets not kid ourselves that is not the case.

CM

Really,because RL is well known for it's crowd problems isn't it.The only image problem it has is being seen as a parochial Northern sport and lets not kid ourselves that is not the case.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 24 July 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#48 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Minus a few kilos not too shabby too:)  On a more serious note its this (Although thank god not too often) that put,s off major sponsors from getting involved in RL.

The game has a massive image problem and lets not kid ourselves that is not the case.

CM

Because nothing ever happens at football matches does it? Or boxing bouts?

#49 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Found the blond girl very amusing though, making sure she stayed in camera shot, as if she was the star of some kind of reality tv show!

Yes posture its silliest,although she had nothing to be scared of,But now Wakey are starting to attract a few more localsI hope it doesn't deter families from attending games

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#50 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,289 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

If ur on about me i dont support either team. Just saying what i saw on tht video footage.

Do you think the video told the whole story?

#51 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Do you think the video told the whole story?

It obviously doesn't as the videoing started for a reason. but as i said from watching tht video as i havent seen anything else, i think wakefields fans behaviour was disgusting.

#52 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

It obviously doesn't as the videoing started for a reason. but as i said from watching tht video as i havent seen anything else, i think wakefields fans behaviour was disgusting.

Your not even looking through one eye.

#53 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

Looks like aload of middle aged men from wakefield trying to pick on kids. They should get banned for that and nothing shud happen to any widnes fan as from watching tht video they had to defend them selfs from several unprovoked attacks. And before anyone says shouting and banter doesn't condone violence.

I support Barrow & fully agree this this ^^^ Widnes fans only hit back in defense after 3 or 4 times some Wakey oiks waded in.

#54 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,289 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

How is it possible to say that  when the video may well tell only part of the story?   What happened before the video recoding started? What happened off camera? Was the video done by a Widnes fan or a Wakie fan. Unless we can be sure that the video told the whole story, I say we can't yet say who was to  blame. 

#55 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 785 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Knuckle draggers.

Combined IQ of 9. Their parents have done a fantastic job.....

Jeremy Kyle's waiting room...

#56 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Minus a few kilos not too shabby too:) On a more serious note its this (Although thank god not too often) that put,s off major sponsors from getting involved in RL.

CM

This, could be the biggest pile of garbage you have written on here - and that is saying something. Think Abramovitch must have given you a particularly strong brand of vodka today.

Edited by Johnoco, 24 July 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#57 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

How is it possible to say that  when the video may well tell only part of the story?   What happened before the video recoding started? What happened off camera? Was the video done by a Widnes fan or a Wakie fan. Unless we can be sure that the video told the whole story, I say we can't yet say who was to  blame. 

But we are taking about what we saw on the video, nothing more & by that footage its clear who are the aggressors in that footage only.

#58 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Combined IQ of 9. Their parents have done a fantastic job.....

Jeremy Kyle's waiting room...

Thought that was primrose valley caravan park!

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#59 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Minus a few kilos not too shabby too:) On a more serious note its this (Although thank god not too often) that put,s off major sponsors from getting involved in RL.

CM

What an awful post, sexism, sensationalism and a disregard for fact and logic.

I'm surprised any of those oligarchs give you so much as the time of the day tbh.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#60 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

What an awful post, sexism, sensationalism and a disregard for fact and logic.

I'm surprised any of those oligarchs give you so much as the time of the day tbh.

Reads like the perfect CV for dealing with oligarchs.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -