Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

wakey/widnes crowd trouble video

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

If ur on about me i dont support either team. Just saying what i saw on tht video footage.

No you're not, you didn't see that!

#62 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

There are three levels of stewarding/supervising sports events, level 2 stewards (strangely the first qualified level) should be trained to deal with crowd problems to an NVQ standard.

Spectator Safety Qualification Framework

Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety

Candidates Must Achieve All of the Following 6 Units:

• Y/502/9345 Prepare for spectator events
  • M/502/9352 Control the entry, exit and movement of people at spectator events
  • A/502/9354 Monitor spectators and deal with crowd problems
  • J/501/5134 Help to manage conflict
  • Y/601/4483 Support the work of the team and organisation
  • D/501/5138 Deal with accidents and emergencies

- See more at: http://www.safetyats...h.HrxlnJxa.dpuf

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#63 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

How many stewards have that qualification though?

#64 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,302 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

But we are taking about what we saw on the video, nothing more & by that footage its clear who are the aggressors in that footage only.

Yes, I understand that. It seems though that you are making judgements and forming opinion based on incomplete information, something that does not happen on here all that often.  <_<

#65 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

No you're not, you didn't see that!

Now ur telling me what i saw? Tht is what i saw on that video with my own eyes, and by the sounds of things a few other people saw it tht way aswel.

#66 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

How many stewards have that qualification though?

it's a dry read but here is The Green Guide.

http://www.northumbr..._tcm4-22893.pdf

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#67 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,302 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Now ur telling me what i saw? Tht is what i saw on that video with my own eyes, and by the sounds of things a few other people saw it tht way aswel.

Again, you don't know what you didn't see. To decide on whose fault it was based on the video alone is not enough, in my view.

#68 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

From what I saw on the video, the Widnes fan in the away shirt walks over to the Wakey fans acting all big and tough then gets planted. That's when it all kicked off.

I'd make him the aggressor.
Posted Image

#69 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

BANNED http://www.wakefield...orders/2013/07/
Posted Image

#70 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,263 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Let's hope the ban is enforced.

Shame to see a club introduce formal segregation though.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#71 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Let's hope the ban is enforced.

Shame to see a club introduce formal segregation though.

The ban is completely unenforceable. The only "bans" that actually work are the ones issued by the police which require those involved to report to the police station at kick off time.

The club have been looking to introduce segregation for a while now, as it means they can concentrate on what they want to so; namely to sell as much lager as possible at good margins and not have to deal with giddy fans interacting. Again, segregation is impossible to enforce and it hands the best viewing area to the away fans. Crackers all round.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 25 July 2013 - 05:00 PM.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#72 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

I take great pleasure in seeing those 5 get banned, more to follow hopefully

#73 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Not just banned from Wakefield but, with the cooperation of the RFL, banned from all Rugby League grounds.

Wakefield have also installed CCTV cameras that cover every area of the ground and will be monitored in a security control room.

I don't think anyone can criticise the response from Wakefield Trinity to this match day disturbance.

Over to you Widnes, what action will you take against those involved purporting to be Widnes fans?

#74 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

I don't think anyone can criticise the response from Wakefield Trinity to this match day disturbance.

It's quite possible to criticise them for selling beer to people under the influence, or for not putting CCTV at an earlier stage. Perhaps the stage when they started the policy of segregation citing crowd disturbances and their desire to avoid RFL sanctions as justification for it.

#75 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

It's quite possible to criticise them for selling beer to people under the influence, or for not putting CCTV at an earlier stage. Perhaps the stage when they started the policy of segregation citing crowd disturbances and their desire to avoid RFL sanctions as justification for it.

I did say "RESPONSE"

Perhaps they could have airport style scanners at every Turnstyle, they could conduct full body searches and breathalyse everyone as they come in as well!

They need to tighten up on beer sales and learn to refuse sales to those who've already had enough but I'm pleased they've been tough and invested in CCTV

Edited by OMEGA, 28 July 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#76 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

widnes have released this statement on the crowd trouble, we are going to ban some of our morons as well......................................http://www.widnesvik...le.php?id=11902

Edited by Viking Warrior, 27 July 2013 - 09:32 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#77 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Good stuff from the clubs. Shame wakefield have had to take the steps they have but they have no choice when you have backward old 'hardmen' like the 5 there.

#78 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Really good to see action taken against the individuals and hopefully it can be enforced. I think segregation is a bad idea though and tends to increase tension more than anything else.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#79 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

I did say "RESPONSE"

Perhaps they could have airport style scanners at every Turnstyle, they could conduct full body searches and breathalyse everyone as they come in as well!

Yes, I guess I'm frustrated as foresight doesn't appear to be in the club's armoury.