RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

LoveRugbyLeague.com's club of the week

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hunslet head coach Barry Eaton believes his players have got the fight to get out of relegation trouble.

Posted Image

#2 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

A good honest read, did HUNSLET72 interview Mr Heaton :fan:

#3 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Ooh ,staitheclose hawk , thy shalt be Reminded of the correct spellin . Be quick and edit ! It appears a number of fans also Are able to see the Clubs failure lays . I agree the squad are Capable .Its Crystal Clear.And it would be morally wrong to for Hunslet to block any Superleague club wanting the guy! ! ! !

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hunslet's Parkside Stadium was one of the central hubs of English rugby league in its day, but sadly in 1973 it hosted its final ever match.

Posted Image

#5 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Great words from Gordon "this club will never, ever die".

Too right.

Let's see that spirit on Sunday. This is the time for us ALL to pull together.

The Great Escape starts now.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#6 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

To castlefordhawk.Good luck with your mission . But why are loyal Hunslet supporters payin FULL price . Yet LeedsR.L. ticket holders are gettin in for HALF price .

#7 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

We are trying to attract new fans who otherwise wouldn't come.

I can see why some fans would consider this unfair but I'm sure there are plenty of others with club's interest at heart who realize at this point in our history it's a case of needs must.

As a season ticket holder at Leeds Utd I had no grumble when match day offers were put on that meant "day trippers" were getting a better deal than me. I appreciated that it was to the long term benefit of the club to attract fans back. Thats just the way I look at things and I respect the fact others may have a different view.

The one thing that shines through on this forum is that we may have different views but we are all passionate about our club. It really is important that we stick together over this next few years.

#8 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

To castlefordhawk.Please bear with me as i play devils advocate . As a Leeds utd season ticket holder.. how would you feel if OUR club did a duel reg with #### (just as Hunslet)has done !Would you be Pleased to stand aside Man utd fans ?NO ! Then to find they are payin HALF PRICE !!!

#9 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

I wouldn't like it. As I don't like fact we have to do it with Leeds and season ticket holders from other clubs at Hunslet.

But at this moment in time we are trying everything to keep the attendances up whilst balancing the books. 2000 people from South of the River paying £10 is what I really want.

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

For me its not an issue, i commit every season to buying my season ticket mainly because, i will go to all home games and that contribution helps the club financially, and i want my club to survive and prosper! i don't care what other people pay to watch my team to be honest, if i give my mate a voucher from my season ticket to come and watch, he gets in for £10 that's £1.50 less than what i have paid for that game, I see that as an extra £10 that's going to the club to keep it alive rather than me losing out £1.50! And that's no difference to Rhinos fans coming to watch or any other clubs fans for that matter, their contribution this season has really helped the club financially and i hope they continue to come and pay to watch Hunslet! And as Castleford Hawk says, until we have the people of south Leeds (so called Hunslet fans) supporting the club then we have to do what we can to get paying spectators at the stadium on a Sunday!

There is probably more Rhino fans who are Hunslet season ticket holders than the members on this forum, that pretty much sums it up for me.

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 25 July 2013 - 07:28 AM.

• terrywebbisgod likes this

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

To castlefordhawk.Good luck with your mission . But why are loyal Hunslet supporters payin FULL price . Yet LeedsR.L. ticket holders are gettin in for HALF price .

I've never been happy with this set up , Leeds fans getting in cheaper than Hunslet fans , but Hunslet desperately need any size of money , you ask a trader who's selling Christmas tree at £30 a go and it gets to Christmas eve and he's 5 left , he'd rather take any size of money than nothing , thats the position Hunslet are in.............

#12 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

I'm a Rhinos season ticket holder and this year I also took advantage of the reduced cost Hunslet season ticket. For me that's great value.

It also means I have been to every away game too, but that isn't included in the price so I guess half of my gate receipt will go to Hunslet.

Also. When I watch games at home and away I also bring one family member and two friends.

I am also a player sponsor this year for the first time.

So although I got a cheap season ticket Hunslet have gained 4 paying spectators for both home and away games and a sponsorship deal from a Rhinos fan.

That's got to be good for the club!

#13 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

To Gazmiester ,have taken onboard your post ,i find it hard to accept you can be LOYAL and support 2teams.GOOD LUCK To You.... As a new member and being inthe dark to most Loyalty ,i.e. Hunslet ,LeedsR.L. Both ,other .Any chance Could ALL Posters ,Flag up what you stand for .I thought beingHunslet fans forum ,thats what it would be...

Edited by HUNSLET72, 25 July 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#14 attila the

attila the
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Oh dear.
Attila the

#15 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

Oh dear.

so do you NOT support  Hunslet ?

#16 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

so do you NOT support  Hunslet ?

I'm a York fan, but I also watch all the Leeds Rhinos home games.

Whats wrong with having neutral punters in the crowd?

Posted Image

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

I hold season tickets at Leeds Rhinos and Hunslet,I grew up with tales of great Hunslet sides,due to family links I went to Leeds games and that's how it's stayed but have always gone to Hunslet games when I've had the opportunity.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#18 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm a York fan, but I also watch all the Leeds Rhinos home games.

Whats wrong with having neutral punters in the crowd?

Thats Fine ! im just trying to identify fellow "posters" loyaltys . Thanks for your reply . one of my fav away trips ,as it go s . 

#19 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

I hold season tickets at Leeds Rhinos and Hunslet,I grew up with tales of great Hunslet sides,due to family links I went to Leeds games and that's how it's stayed but have always gone to Hunslet games when I've had the opportunity.

Cheers , you were one of the easier ones , to work out .Thanks for your reply . 

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Cheers , you were one of the easier ones , to work out .Thanks for your reply . 

Care to explain "one of the easier ones"

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users