York match on Premier Sports

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

The York game is to be televised on 8th August which doesn't give much recovery time after the Leigh encounter.  Not a great stroke of fortune in my opinion.

#2 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

You're lucky!!!!! Town have got Batley away next Sunday followed by away to Sheffield (televised) on the Wednesday and then Featherstone at home the following Sunday.....

And at least you've got another home fixture televised....... It's always Town playing away when we get televised.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#3 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

You're lucky!!!!! Town have got Batley away next Sunday followed by away to Sheffield (televised) on the Wednesday and then Featherstone at home the following Sunday.....

And at least you've got another home fixture televised....... It's always Town playing away when we get televised.

I'd still swap league places with them for that little run of fixtures!

#4 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

The York game is to be televised on 8th August which doesn't give much recovery time after the Leigh encounter.  Not a great stroke of fortune in my opinion.

Got to agree with OttO here (despite his "Wolves" comments!)

At least we are at home. We have Sunday Leigh "away" (or home ha ha) and then York at Home whereas York have Sheffield at home on the Sunday then away on the Thursday.

Glass half full or half empty maybe but I would be more upset if I was York.

As for Towns fixture backlog that is what success in the cup and a snow bound ground of your own brings. Do not feel too hard done by.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#5 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

Poor Town so hard done by.....wait a minute wasn't the Sheffield fixture arranged before Premier decided to televise it? Thought it was unlike the Swinton game being moved for Premier to televise it

#6 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Poor Town so hard done by.....wait a minute wasn't the Sheffield fixture arranged before Premier decided to televise it? Thought it was unlike the Swinton game being moved for Premier to televise it

Yet again a Haven troll seems to think a Town fan is complaining just because of a comment about a televised match.... And yes I know the match was re-arranged before Premier decided to televise it.

Remind me again, which team was it that refused to travel down to Sheffield on a Thursday to play a televised fixture, preferring to play it on the Sunday.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#7 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

This kind of last minute switch in date really pees me off.

Two weeks ago we booked flights to the UK leaving on that very Thursday as it's my mother's 100th birthday on August 10th. Guess what we had planned for Sunday? Lions v York of course.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Posted Image

#8 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

This kind of last minute switch in date really pees me off.

Two weeks ago we booked flights to the UK leaving on that very Thursday as it's my mother's 100th birthday on August 10th. Guess what we had planned for Sunday? Lions v York of course.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Really sorry to hear that - it is very unfortunate.  I'm not quite so far away from Swinton as you but the change means I'll miss the match too.  I hope you will still have a good visit.

#9 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Really sorry to hear that - it is very unfortunate.  I'm not quite so far away from Swinton as you but the change means I'll miss the match too.  I hope you will still have a good visit.

Thanks!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users