Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Signing?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

On the Keighley forum they are saying that Nosey Parker has said we have signed Leatherbarrow for next season. Opinions?

#2 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yes read it in his column yeterday

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#3 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Am I right in saying that's the young half back at Wigan? If so a massive coup for you guys.

Edited by thundergaz, 23 July 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Certainly seem to be splashing the cash.

After many years of fallow comes the feast?

I doubt it :lol:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Also read it in LW. Kear has stated that he has our starting line up is all signed up for next season. Wants to use DR more. Sounds a bit Swintonish!

#6 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

We should probably using DR more THIS season never mind next season!!

#7 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hope that's true. An excellent player.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#8 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

will be very good signing if its true

#9 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Keighley fan at work doesnt rate him.

Cant be any worse than we have now though.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

When I read you'd signed Leatherbarrow I thought you'd signed a ref !!!! Handy that !

#11 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

When I read you'd signed Leatherbarrow I thought you'd signed a ref !!!! Handy that !

We would all be signing one up if that was the case david. I don't want hewer though he would forget he was on our payroll lol

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yes he's not mr popular here either ... We've had the misfortune of having young Cobb to . Wow , least said ...

#13 BurleyCougar

BurleyCougar
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Leatherbarrow is a Brilliant player with a huge future
when he gets the silly errors out of his system.

#14 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hope it's true especially with the ratings he's getting

#15 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Have looked on Keighley site and can't see any mention on there!. Seeing as nearly every other club has revealed their hands for next year, isn't it time that we spilled the beans? Spirit amongst the fans at least is very low, they sense unrest,and some uplifting news might pull the whole thing back together. Don't mind if they're stars or up and coming amateurs or lower league players, John Kear has a remarkable way of getting the best out of them, Alex Walmsley has gone on to great things, Miles Greenwood has been a revelation as has Greg Johnson. Hope young Whitmore has been retained, he's another with a future. maybe a couple of old, proven heads around the place would see us retain our standing and have the nous to put some of the harder games to bed.

#16 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Leatherbarrow would be a good signing, I've only seen him 4 or 5 times this season but he's played well everytime I've seen him. I've also rumours that we've signed Simon Brown from York, again if true he's another decent signing.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 28 July 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#17 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Leatherbarrow would be a good signing, I've only seen him 4 or 5 times this season but he's played well everytime I've seen him. I've also rumours that we've signed Simon Brown from York, again if true he's another decent signing.

If true both Leatherbarrow and Brown are better halfbacks than the rumoured to be leaving Hemmingway and Moore. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#18 nedryan

nedryan
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Have looked on Keighley site and can't see any mention on there!. Seeing as nearly every other club has revealed their hands for next year, isn't it time that we spilled the beans? Spirit amongst the fans at least is very low, they sense unrest,and some uplifting news might pull the whole thing back together. Don't mind if they're stars or up and coming amateurs or lower league players, John Kear has a remarkable way of getting the best out of them, Alex Walmsley has gone on to great things, Miles Greenwood has been a revelation as has Greg Johnson. Hope young Whitmore has been retained, he's another with a future. maybe a couple of old, proven heads around the place would see us retain our standing and have the nous to put some of the harder games to bed.

Not sure JK can claim anything to do with Greg Johnson- he was already playing Super league before his conviction. He just gave him the chance to get back into the game when he came out of prison. Batley has just been a stepping stone back to Super league for him

#19 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Not sure JK can claim anything to do with Greg Johnson- he was already playing Super league before his conviction. He just gave him the chance to get back into the game when he came out of prison. Batley has just been a stepping stone back to Super league for him

Read the previous post again, no-one is saying that John Kear can 'claim any credit' for Johnson. The post simply commends Kear for being able to get the best out of players - either experienced or from the amateur ranks.

Posted Image

#20 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Don't forget that Greg Johnson had been out of the game a while, and yes,Batley was a way back for him, but he still had to be trained back to match fitness and he owes John Kear for taking a chance on him, which, if there's no firm offer for him, should run to another year's loyalty for that chance. We all have our opinions on each and every player, some we'd keep and some we wouldn't pay with buttons, so having seen the supposed list of those wanting away,there are thoase who I don't think have fulfilled their potential and I'm left wondering what another team think they can get out of them when John Kear hasn't managed it. We had 2 of the biggest men in Rugby League, Walmsley and Hirst.One couldn't wait to get onto the ball and break with it, the other never bursts onto a ball and makes heavy progress. Somebody thinks they can get him to! OH OH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users