Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

26/07/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (5 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Leeds Rhinos (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,679 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

No, that cannot be. any fule kno the game is dying..... :)

#22 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Very good game to watch and a superb atmosphere in the ground.

Leeds just couldn't find a way through Wakefield in the first quarter and it was one of thse loose passes that go to ground that often unlocks a defence that finally got the Rhinos on the scoreboard. BJB took a sloppy kick from Tim Smith and raced 95metres to score another try completely against the run of play.

Credit Leeds they found a way to win a game that for the most part they were 2nd best in while Trinity need to learn how to capitalise on their opportunities.

This Wakefield team needs some minor tinkering and could go on to be a real force in SL.

#23 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,664 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

This Wakefield team needs some minor tinkering and could go on to be a real force in SL.

Shame Jimmy Saville's croaked it, he'd have been the perfect coach for them.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#24 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Surprisingly my first visit to Belle Vue and loved every minute of it. For most of the game Wakey had the best in forward and we were lucky to win

Brilliant game, good weather, great fans and atmosphere and a proper old fashioned ground on top of the action.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#25 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Wakefield's improvement in crowds is really very impressive.

#26 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

Surprisingly my first visit to Belle Vue and loved every minute of it. For most of the game Wakey had the best in forward and we were lucky to win

Brilliant game, good weather, great fans and atmosphere and a proper old fashioned ground on top of the action.

Well said, totally agree...

Posted Image

#27 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

You should have seen it when it was a beautiful proper old fashioned ground.It is good to see Trinity starting to attract crowds again

Edited by fieldofclothofgold, 27 July 2013 - 12:17 PM.

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#28 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Such views won't win you many friends on here. What we want is souless empty grounds like the one that Huddersfield play in.

#29 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

Well said, totally agree...

Our 2 clubs traditionally don't get on but I've got to say that what's happening at Belle Vue is impressive & good for the game.

If DP can get underneath a few things during the off season at Cas & Fev continue their progress the Rhubarb Triangle could be in rude health in 2014

#30 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

Our 2 clubs traditionally don't get on but I've got to say that what's happening at Belle Vue is impressive & good for the game.

The fans may not, but the two clubs have got on very well with each other in recent years. Loan deals, extended loan deals, transfers, freindly fixtures, Friday might games, etc etc. I know that Trinity would much rather do business with Leeds than any other club as there is a lot of goodwill between the boards/management teams.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 28 July 2013 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users