Photo
- - - - -

27/07/13 - CCSF - London Broncos v Wigan Warriors - KO 5pm (BBC2)

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of these semi finalists will make it to Wembley? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these semi finalists will make it to Wembley?

1. London Broncos by 13 points or more. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. London Broncos by 7-12 points. (1 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

3. London Broncos by 1-6 points. (2 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. Wigan Warriors by 1-6 points. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Wigan Warriors by 7-12 points. (2 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

6. Voted Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more. (23 votes [82.14%])

Percentage of vote: 82.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Discuss the Tetley's Challenge Cup semi final between London Broncos and Wigan Warriors at Leigh Sports Village on Saturday 27th July here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Wigan will blow London away in the first half.Wigan 42- London 12

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Wiagan by 50+, depending on the side we put out - it's not unknown for a bit of kidology here. Whatever happens I'll be there, I'm wondering whether to try to park at the ground or just use the overflow and have a nice walk over the golf course.

#4 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,392 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hard to see anything other than a pretty sizable Wigan win and a pretty unsizable crowd.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

It's a semi final and Wigan have lost more than their fair share of those over the last decade, including a surprise against the Catalans. These are usually tight affairs (unless Wire are in them, in which case they're usually walk overs). London will leave nothing out there, and Wigan have had a shorter turn around.

If Sam and Lockers play, we should be ok. But not by much. 

#6 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

If Broncos are full strength then we could spring a suprise, especially as Wigan's confidence must've taken a hit recently. If we can't get the likes of Robertson, Sarginson, Clubb and Cook back then we're definitely looking at a heavy defeat.

#7 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

It's a semi final and Wigan have lost more than their fair share of those over the last decade, including a surprise against the Catalans. These are usually tight affairs (unless Wire are in them, in which case they're usually walk overs). London will leave nothing out there, and Wigan have had a shorter turn around.

If Sam and Lockers play, we should be ok. But not by much. 

Reported as training today, and if they are ok tomorrow will be playing on Saturday. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#8 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

London Broncos forward Mark Bryant would like to finish his rugby league career with a Wembley appearance after announcing he will retire at the end of the 2013 season.
Bryant, 32, joined the Broncos for the 2012 campaign and previously played for Crusaders in the UK along with Manly and Canberra in the NRL. He has made over 50 appearances for the Broncos.
Bryant admits that retirement was a difficult decision to make saying: “It’ll be the end of a 12-year professional career, it was a big decision. I’ve played league since I was seven or eight years old so it’s something I’ve done my whole life.
“I think it’s the right time, it’s time to take my little family home and to get back with extended family. My wife’s recent battle with cancer was a thing that put life into perspective a lot for us, so I’m looking forward to retirement.
“I’m really proud to have played with London, I’m really proud to have been one of the guys who has been fighting, obviously we are up against it quite a bit with where we’re situated on the map against the northern teams, so I’m proud of what we’ve done and hopefully what we can do at the weekend.
“I’ll spend a lot of time with family but I need to earn a crust. I got my real estate licence during the last three years while I was at Manly and I’ve made a lot of contacts throughout the years so I’ll move seamlessly into that. I think it’ll be a shock as it’s been a long while out of the normal workforce.”
Bryant says a Wembley appearance would be a dream come true, not only for him but the club and the Broncos fans.
“Wembley would be unbelievable; it’s every player’s dream to go out on a big stage and close out your career with a big game. They don’t come much bigger than a Challenge Cup Final.
“Obviously we’ve got a tough game this week against Wigan, they are a very good side and they’ve been a great side for a couple of years now. It’ll be a dream come true and a dream to do it for this club and our chairman and give our fans something to sing about.
“I’ve played in a few big games in my career and you don’t really want to think too much about them, obviously we’ll concentrate on the first job and then let the excitement come if we put in the hard yards and get there. At the moment we’re just thinking about Wigan but it would be an absolute dream to reach Wembley.”

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#9 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

I will be there for the match though I cannot see more than 100-150 London fans making it for a 5.00pm kick off in a town with a Railway Street but no Railway Station at the southern end of Wigan MBC.

I would like to be positive but anything other than a thumping Wigan win would result in calls for a stewards inquiry more often seen at nearby Haydock park. Jamie Soward has been inspirational for the younger players at the club however I fear this game could be Sowards end either down to Wigan targeting Soward for a head high tackle from O'Loughlin early on - On report as Soward is stretchered off -  or as Mr Stevenson has hinted more than once of Super League backchat defeat means Jamie using that return QANTAS ticket.

I expect the following:

A Garry Schofield article in praise of Wigan for "saving" the challenge cup final attendance wise in RLE as usual pulling more pints than punches

A massive Wigan win and Sam Tomkins to announce he will be playing for the Warriors next year....

An announcement on the future of the London Broncos to be made by Michael Stevenson pre-game on SKY sports on 1st August

It will be grim down south, Still London's exit will allow fans to enter the auction for the special Challenge Cup - game worn - shirt which will be a unique souvenir in years to come of the time when professional Rugby League was played in England south of Wakefield.

I'm too depressed to continue... :(

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#10 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

I will be there for the match though I cannot see more than 100-150 London fans making it for a 5.00pm kick off in a town with a Railway Street but no Railway Station at the southern end of Wigan MBC.
I would like to be positive but anything other than a thumping Wigan win would result in calls for a stewards inquiry more often seen at nearby Haydock park. Jamie Soward has been inspirational for the younger players at the club however I fear this game could be Sowards end either down to Wigan targeting Soward for a head high tackle from O'Loughlin early on - On report as Soward is stretchered off - or as Mr Stevenson has hinted more than once of Super League backchat defeat means Jamie using that return QANTAS ticket.
I expect the following:
A Garry Schofield article in praise of Wigan for "saving" the challenge cup final attendance wise in RLE as usual pulling more pints than punches
A massive Wigan win and Sam Tomkins to announce he will be playing for the Warriors next year....
An announcement on the future of the London Broncos to be made by Michael Stevenson pre-game on SKY sports on 1st August
It will be grim down south, Still London's exit will allow fans to enter the auction for the special Challenge Cup - game worn - shirt which will be a unique souvenir in years to come of the time when professional Rugby League was played in England south of Wakefield.
I'm too depressed to continue... :(

Come on my son!! Keep going. Great passion

#11 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I would love London to pull it off by the way... Then if Wire get through perhaps the final can be moved to Wigan or somewhere with no train station as absolutely no fans travel to the final by train - it's a red herring

#12 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,618 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

I would love London to pull it off by the way... Then if Wire get through perhaps the final can be moved to Wigan or somewhere with no train station as absolutely no fans travel to the final by train - it's a red herring

Reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths, is  it now.

#13 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths, is it now.

Wow! How patronisingly dull of you. Need to work a bit on your grammar but I think I got the drift of it.

Have a good evening.

#14 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

I would love to see a London win.
I think there will be an announcement on the future of London Broncos at the Leeds game live on SKY.

#15 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

40+ to Wigan and i'm being conservative.
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#16 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

Wigan by 30 at half time. Take the foot off the gas and only win by 40. Tony Rea to state that their was a positive from the game that they drew the second half.

#17 Magic XIII

Magic XIII
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

Improve our competion rates, reduce the missed tackle count and pray to The Almighty and we might stand a chance !

#18 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

If I had to put money on it of course it would be on Wigan, but then shocks happen - Wigan know that better than anybody in the cup.

#19 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,618 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

Wow! How patronisingly dull of you. Need to work a bit on your grammar but I think I got the drift of it.

Have a good evening.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:   If only you knew!!!

You either accidentally misunderstood my words, hence the clear need for you to work on your reading comprehension, or you deliberately misinterpreted my words, in which case you need to work on something else.

Anyway, your starter for ten: are posts on this forum meant to linguistic transcriptions  or standard written English?

Enjoy your train journey to Leigh.

#20 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

I've gone for the Warriors by 20 (http://www.rlbet.co....-27th-july-2013) you have to think that London will be up for it and keep it tight for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users