Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

28/07/13 - CCSF - Hull FC v Warrington Wolves - KO 6pm (BBC2)

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of these semi finalists will make it to Wembley? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these semi finalists will make it to Wembley?

1. Hull FC by 13 points or more. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Hull FC by 7-12 points. (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Hull FC by 1-6 points. (2 votes [8.33%])

4. Warrington Wolves by 1-6 points. (2 votes [8.33%])

5. Warrington Wolves by 7-12 points. (10 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

6. Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more. (8 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,238 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

I think England would be well served by Lineham, Briscoe, Ellis or Houghton in the World Cup.
We were very lucky to win at the KC, it will be a great game between 2 evenly matched teams.
Great shame that the more telegenic Wire fans won't be there, but I'm sure a clever TV editor could find some Wire crowd shots to show.
The error rate dropped massively in the second half, which makes me wonder whether many of the problems were caused by very aggressive defence which could not be quite sustained...
I just hope that the final isn't decided by a controversial forward pass decision.

Not true.

Wire made 9 errors in the first half and at least the same amount in the 2nd.

Hull made 6 in the first, not sure about the second.

#222 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,606 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Great game! Already learning the words for Wembley
"Old faithful we rode the range together
Old faithful in every kind of weather
When your roundup days are over
There'll be pastures white with clover
For you old faithful pal of mine"

Nearly but not quite right .

rldfsignature.jpg

#223 iangidds

iangidds
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

[quote name="walter sobchak" post="2755844" timestamp="1375038567"]Thank you hull FC and Warrington wolves for bringing the challenge cup back off the canvas and landing a knockout blow. This is what this great competition and our great game is all about.[/quote
As a leeds fan of 30 years I was shaking with excitement, clapping loudly at a game that reminded me what I grew up loving!
Rl is a fantastic sport with fantastic skills , I hope someone makes a go of this game globally one day!

#224 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,019 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

On the train back, chuffed to bits.

Feel absolutely drained after that, longest 10 mins of a game ever after the 70 min mark.

Great credit to the Wire fans after the game, all gave Hull credit and promised to cheer us on at Wembley.

I know we'll be massive underdogs once again but you never know.

Or maybe I do....

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#225 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Feel absolutely drained after that, longest 10 mins of a game ever after the 70 min mark.

Great credit to the Wire fans after the game, all gave Hull credit and promised to cheer us on at Wembley.

Or maybe I do....

Warrington fans supporting a team playing against Wigan, now there's a first.  :biggrin:

Edited by Padge, 28 July 2013 - 08:05 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#226 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,395 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Excellent. Exciting stuff! Find something wrong with that if you can, you miserable ######ers!

#227 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Excellent. Exciting stuff! Find something wrong with that if you can, you miserable ######ers!

It's ok, someone has. :(

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#228 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Or maybe I do....

Wire fans I've. Found recently really are ok when they hammered us at Wembley and last year at OT.Congrats and best of luck to Hull and and WIGAN.please make it a great final
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#229 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Rugby league answering it's critics in the only fashion it knows how to, with exciting end to end action and a nail biting finish. Bring on the final as I can't wait, should be a near sellout what with huge cup followings from both Wigan and hull. Working Saturday's is a right ballache, going to try and swap days off as I think this is a great match to visit the new wembley for the first time.

#230 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Well done Hull. Took their chances, kicked their goals and defended well. Please beat Wigan at Wembley.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#231 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Well done Hull. Took their chances, kicked their goals and defended well. Please beat Wigan at Wembley.

Err please don't, I backed Wigan some time ago.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#232 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

If Rugby League died on Saturday it was resuscitated with a jolt to the rib cage today..... What a game!

#233 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

Definitely the best team won.

The turning point obviously was Hull's first try which with a better executed kick would probably been a score the other way.

But actually I think Hull would have responded anyway. They were the better motivated, better organised and better coached team.

#234 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,238 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Definitely the best team won.

The turning point obviously was Hull's first try which with a better executed kick would probably been a score the other way.

But actually I think Hull would have responded anyway. They were the better motivated, better organised and better coached team.

i think Hull were well worth the victory, but this seems slighy ott to me. It was actually very even. Three tries each and Wire had another disallowed by inches.

#235 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Lordy what a game that was.  Feel like I've been hit by a truck., put through a mincing machine & then barbecued.  That last minute seemed to go on for ever.  Thought we were very slow out of the blocks & was seriously worried after 18min.  Then, has there ever been a bigger game changer than Tom Lineham's streak from 90m out?  Great game. Great atmosphere. Not had the luxury of watching it back yet so no idea of how well it came over or if there was anything truly "controversial".  Would like to thank the Warrington fans for applauding us out of the stadium.  This wouldn't happen in any other sport.  This is why we should constantly celebrate the glory that is Rugby League.

My only problem now is finding a way back from Croatia for the final!!

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#236 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Brilliant simply brilliant

#237 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Great advert for Cup rugby, It wasn't exactly the performance I've been predicting from Hull but it was good enough, Excellent game by two sides who gave it everything, Best side won in the end, I think Hull just kept knocking em down and pegging them back with kicks and it was enough, Bridge doesn't look good these days and Hodgson is looking his age but Wire are still a very good side, just not good enough today.

Looking forward to a great final now , Anything like 85 will be acceptable , Good luck Hull we could do with a win for Yorkshire.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#238 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

Great advert for Cup rugby, It wasn't exactly the performance I've been predicting from Hull but it was good enough, Excellent game by two sides who gave it everything, Best side won in the end, I think Hull just kept knocking em down and pegging them back with kicks and it was enough, Bridge doesn't look good these days and Hodgson is looking his age but Wire are still a very good side, just not good enough today.

Looking forward to a great final now , Anything like 85 will be acceptable , Good luck Hull we could do with a win for Yorkshire.

It certainly would be for Wigan.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#239 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

It certainly would be for Wigan.

If the game get's even close to that one i won't mind who wins

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#240 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

Warrington to win this by 16 and go on to win the CC and probably SL.I have a hunch about wire this year.Sorry wire fans Ive put te kybosh on it foryou ;)

Sorry Wire fans I put the kybosh on :drag:

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users