RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

28/07/13 - CCSF - Hull FC v Warrington Wolves - KO 6pm (BBC2)

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of these semi finalists will make it to Wembley? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these semi finalists will make it to Wembley?

1. Hull FC by 13 points or more. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Hull FC by 7-12 points. (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Hull FC by 1-6 points. (2 votes [8.33%])

4. Warrington Wolves by 1-6 points. (2 votes [8.33%])

5. Warrington Wolves by 7-12 points. (10 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

6. Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more. (8 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,721 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Just got our tickets. First final for the mini exiles. They're familiar with Sam will Tear you Apart Again and He's a Baby! He's a Baby! They also wouldn't know a forward pass if one gave them a Lego set.
Really looking forward to playing FC. They have talent everywhere you look, and an indomitible spirit.
I must say that Whiting is a wonderful player - such a great rugby brain. Surely he's worth a starting spot?

#262 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Just got our tickets. First final for the mini exiles. They're familiar with Sam will Tear you Apart Again and He's a Baby! He's a Baby! They also wouldn't know a forward pass if one gave them a Lego set.
Really looking forward to playing FC. They have talent everywhere you look, and an indomitible spirit.
I must say that Whiting is a wonderful player - such a great rugby brain. Surely he's worth a starting spot?

Thanks for the kind words EW, are your mini exiles training to officiate Wigan?

You're perfectly correct about Whiting, what a player, never seems to make a mistake or miss a tackle and has an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time when scoring important tries. Marcus Bai will back that up. Not sure why Gentle has him as a bench player but then, he's got Hull to Wembley, I haven't.

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#263 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Glad to see Whiting getting the credit he deserves. Always performs well when I have seen him, a real handful with power and pace, and multi positional.

#264 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Glad to see Whiting getting the credit he deserves. Always performs well when I have seen him, a real handful with power and pace, and multi positional.

Good God Steve, even Richard himself might suggest you're a bit wide of the mark there.

Speed of thought perhaps, that's as far as it goes I reckon.

#265 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

They said he lacked pace on the tv on Sunday which surprised me as he seems to be pacey against us each Derby match. Sure you know better but glad to big him up.

Read into that what you will. Another innuendo perhaps.

#266 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,586 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Whatever happens, as you are playing Wigan, I presume you will get into the ground about 15 minutes after kick-off?

It depends if he asks me what time do you set off from here for the game, or asks me how long does it take to get to the game from here.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt, rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they haven't been hurt.

#267 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Whatever happens, as you are playing Wigan, I presume you will get into the ground about 15 minutes after kick-off?

Possibly, depending on how reliable the locals' advice is, even if they twist my words around...

It depends if he asks me what time do you set off from here for the game, or asks me how long does it take to get to the game from here.

You can just bog off.

#268 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

I see that getting to the final didn't particularly put you in a better mood then?

Getting to the final did, sorting my stupid holiday logistics didn't.

#269 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,563 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

Just back from my holiday, so I was glad to see the video recorder had done its job and I could watch this match in full last night. Excellent stuff! Here's hoping for a classic final. :)

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users