Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

weired

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

does anyone else think it's weired, all this talk of new signings for next season when this one isn't even finished. i think we have a very exciting end of season to come, and all this transfer talk is distracting. it's not as if we know what the league and academy structures are going to be next season. let's go unbeaten now, and get this grand final won.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

does anyone else think it's weired, all this talk of new signings for next season when this one isn't even finished. i think we have a very exciting end of season to come, and all this transfer talk is distracting. it's not as if we know what the league and academy structures are going to be next season. let's go unbeaten now, and get this grand final won.

Agree OR if the transfer rumours are to be believed we will have a A team a B team and a C team with all the players linked to our club 😄😄😄.

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Agree OR if the transfer rumours are to be believed we will have a A team a B team and a C team with all the players linked to our club .

Two new directors with business accumen. All this talk is to make us feel that we are going in the right direction. A prelude to you know what. Not mentioned? I reckon it will be.

#4 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Two new directors with business accumen. All this talk is to make us feel that we are going in the right direction. A prelude to you know what. Not mentioned? I reckon it will be.

What you mean col? As I see it they have been brought in to make us a successful business. Great move I reckon as it should make us self sufficient in time hopefully.

Edited by thundergaz, 24 July 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

I agree anyone that can improve the club should be welcomed with open arms and if the men in charge think these two new directors can make things better thats only good for us

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

I haven't a bloody clue what you're going on about colin???
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

I haven't a bloody clue what you're going on about colin???

neither have you, have you col lol

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Ok I have said it before. This is a prelude to selling the land. I don't think we should rush into anything until it is all weighed up. I know the pro's and cons and hope that we consider them before we lose our biggest asset, which in my opinion could happen. Want my ideas? Let them build on OUR land and then share the rental income. I am not saying don't use the land. But it will be an appreciating asset and if we don't get the income from crowd sources any money received if sold will slowly disappear. End result no land and no money. Far better to hold on to it and give long term leases and share the income. There is an alternative. Sell half the land and build in the other half ourselves. Thereby obtaining an investment bulk sum that give us a source of building and a subsequent income whilst retaining that land. Talking rubbish? We shall see.

#9 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Ok I have said it before. This is a prelude to selling the land. I don't think we should rush into anything until it is all weighed up. I know the pro's and cons and hope that we consider them before we lose our biggest asset, which in my opinion could happen. Want my ideas? Let them build on OUR land and then share the rental income. I am not saying don't use the land. But it will be an appreciating asset and if we don't get the income from crowd sources any money received if sold will slowly disappear. End result no land and no money. Far better to hold on to it and give long term leases and share the income. There is an alternative. Sell half the land and build in the other half ourselves. Thereby obtaining an investment bulk sum that give us a source of building and a subsequent income whilst retaining that land. Talking rubbish? We shall see.

So to cut that short col. Your saying probiz/feisal are only after our land?

#10 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

So to cut that short col. Your saying probiz/feisal are only after our land?

It was said at a fans forum by MC that Probiz are not after the land and never were. I understand people thinking this but why not believe what we were told by the BOD Things are on the up lets enjoy the road ahead

#11 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Feizal is a business man. There are 17 acres. If you were in his shoes and could get it for a relative pittance what would you do? I could be wrong of course but just want people not to be blinded by the razmataz. I think he is even handed and the club would benefit but not as much as him in the long term if we just sell. I reckon my ideas would be better. We shall see. I mentioned the introduction of new directors and was shouted down (if your memory goes back that far). So don't be blinded by possible short term gains is my message.

#12 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

It was said at a fans forum by MC that Probiz are not after the land and never were. I understand people thinking this but why not believe what we were told by the BOD Things are on the up lets enjoy the road ahead

Good point. But don't forget that he now controls who will be a director from the 'B' side anyway.

#13 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Feizal is a business man. There are 17 acres. If you were in his shoes and could get it for a relative pittance what would you do? I could be wrong of course but just want people not to be blinded by the razmataz. I think he is even handed and the club would benefit but not as much as him in the long term if we just sell. I reckon my ideas would be better. We shall see. I mentioned the introduction of new directors and was shouted down (if your memory goes back that far). So don't be blinded by possible short term gains is my message.

Yeah col but as we keep getting told he was at fax and C@s before us. Their was no land in them clubs for him. Maybe he just wants to be part of the rugby league world. (That's how i see it anyway).

#14 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

The bloke is a multi millionare what would he want with a bit of land in fev????

The board running our club at the min are not idiots

Edited by LOWFIELD, 25 July 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#15 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Not part of Cas now. Left when they wouldn't sell him the club. Or have I got that wrong. I admire Feisal as a business man and as such I reckon he wont miss opportunities when they arise TG. If I am wrong then let me know what plans we will have for the land in question. For us to move forward and a big investment being made in the club the land HAS to come into it. These guys are not do-gooders they are businessmen with rich Middle East connections, looking for good investments with good returns.

#16 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Not part of cas now because the lied to him about there situation, i reckon the bloke is that rich a bit of spare land in Fev will not be his motivating factor

#17 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

The bloke is a multi millionare what would he want with a bit of land in fev????

17 acres of building land worth around 15 million quid and land prices are due to rise. How do you reckon he became a multi millionaire? My remarks are for the 'A' share holders hoping they are not blinded with short terms gains. How many directors now he has a majority holding wont see thing his way especially as he will be able to put them in place.

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

All your comment is supposition colin. You have no evidence whatsoever to suggest he's remotely interested in the land. The board have repeatedly said the land is not for sale. What more does it take??

Edited by Robin Evans, 25 July 2013 - 07:24 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#19 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

17 acres of building land worth around 15 million quid and land prices are due to rise. How do you reckon he became a multi millionaire? My remarks are for the 'A' share holders hoping they are not blinded with short terms gains. How many directors now he has a majority holding wont see thing his way especially as he will be able to put them in place.

it is green belt land not building land and worth no where near 15 million

#20 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Just a thought col but isn't most of the 17 acres green belted anyway? But I personally don't think he's in it for the land anyway myself.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 July 2013 - 07:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users