60 replies to this topic

#21 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,260 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

it is green belt land not building land and worth no where near 15 million

at current circumstances you are correct.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#22 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

it is green belt land not building land and worth no where near 15 million

You bet me too it lol

#23 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

at current circumstances you are correct.

but if you leave a lump of coyle in the ground long enough itl turn into a diamond

#24 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

So are we saying he is going to put money into the club with no return? You are right Robin it is supposition based on 40 years commercial experience. My comments, as I said , are aimed at the 'A' share holders to make them aware of the possible pitfalls. He will of course control the people elected to the 'B' share holding. So what will the board say then? Whatever he tells them as they will be his 'yes' men.

#25 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

So are we saying he is going to put money into the club with no return? You are right Robin it is supposition based on 40 years commercial experience. My comments, as I said , are aimed at the 'A' share holders to make them aware of the possible pitfalls. He will of course control the people elected to the 'B' share holding. So what will the board say then? Whatever he tells them as they will be his 'yes' men.

For the life of me cant ever see our chairman been a yes man

#26 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Lots of people put money into rugby clubs with no return

#27 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

The land to the rear of Fev is being built on how much do you think it will take to change it. If I remember from seeing the plans a few years ago it was mainly 'brown land', not green.

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,260 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Again... more supposition colin..... no evidence whatsoever.
The 40 yrs of commercial experience thst told you the land is woth £15m??? When in reality, current value will be what 10-20% of that???
I'll take your comments much more seriously colin when I see or hear some evidence.

#29 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

I am used to being a lone voice. We will see in due course.

#30 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Again... more supposition colin..... no evidence whatsoever.
The 40 yrs of commercial experience thst told you the land is woth £15m??? When in reality, current value will be what 10-20% of that???
I'll take your comments much more seriously colin when I see or hear some evidence.

That is the point. Could be bought cheaply now and then planning permission asked for later. I didn't say it would happen overnight.

#31 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

That is the point. Could be bought cheaply now and then planning permission asked for later. I didn't say it would happen overnight.

Just going to go along with you for a minute here to please you. Right how long do you think it will take for him to buy the land? If it takes him 5 years it will of already cost him a fortune as our chairman/BOD are aiming to be at the top of SL. As he his funding most of this venture it will have already of cost him a bomb before he even buys the land.It would be cheaper to just go out and buy some land somewhere.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 July 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#32 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,260 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Colin.... you are dealing with supposition, here. Nowt else. Nothing whatsoever you have suggwsted has any basis at all. So until you provide any evidence of corporate wrong doings.... im pulling back from this now.
There is little point in debating non events.

#33 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Colin.... you are dealing with supposition, here. Nowt else. Nothing whatsoever you have suggwsted has any basis at all. So until you provide any evidence of corporate wrong doings.... im pulling back from this now.
There is little point in debating non events.

Fine Robin. No suggestion of corporate wrong doings- just sound business.

#34 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

nd 

Just going to go along with you for a minute here to please you. Right how long do you think it will take for him to buy the land? If it takes him 5 years it will of already cost him a fortune as our chairman/BOD are aiming to be at the top of SL. As he his funding most of this venture it will have already of cost him a bomb before he even buys the land.It would be cheaper to just go out and buy some land somewhere.

I agree somewhat with what you say TG. But I reckon this will be long term with him and his associates looking for substantial retruens. I don't think it will take him that long but if the land sells cheap and with building going on around he will get planning in due course. Then with a substantial building programme you are looking at an appreciatimg asset held and a return annually in rents from £2-3 million. Depending on how many properties are built. Probably a mixture of commercial and private. Pure supposition as Robin says but these guys don't put money in for no return.

#35 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

I don't think Eric Pickles is in your forward line!!!!

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#36 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

I'm a little worried too.

Those two press releases about the new directors were jam packed with way too much bovine poop for my liking, which immediately arouses my spidey senses.

How secure is the land?  I seem to remember reading somewhere that only the A shareholders had the power to sell it, is that true?

It may be that Probiz are using us as a loss making vehicle to help them / their clients reduce their tax liability. It's the only reason why anyone would be daft enough to invest in an RL club, unless they were a massive fan with money to burn.  If so, then happy days, but the land does worry me.

#37 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Stop worrying and enjoy the ride Have faith in the people that have agreed this with Probiz What should MC and co have done had a fans forum and said we had people wanting to invest and run the club more professional with us put I told them no chance we are happy as we are we don't want people with money at our club wanting to get us in S/L

#38 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

Maybe our assets are at risk.

Maybe Faisal has decided that in the world of sport, being the moneyman behind a team and for example potentially getting to lead your club out at Wembley is probably far cheaper in RL than in other sports. We all invest in the club to some extent, his is just a larger investment than most. Plenty of other clubs have people funding them for no obvious return other than seeing their club be successful.

I have no idea which of these views is the right one. I do suspect however that the Fev rollercoaster will be great fun as we find out :D

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#39 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm a little worried too.

Those two press releases about the new directors were jam packed with way too much bovine poop for my liking, which immediately arouses my spidey senses.

How secure is the land?  I seem to remember reading somewhere that only the A shareholders had the power to sell it, is that true?

It may be that Probiz are using us as a loss making vehicle to help them / their clients reduce their tax liability. It's the only reason why anyone would be daft enough to invest in an RL club, unless they were a massive fan with money to burn.  If so, then happy days, but the land does worry me.

As I understand it the 'A' shareholders have to ratify any major change. I am not against developing the land. What I want to warn the 'A' shareholders about is accepting a low valuation to sell when the potential is so much bigger with planning. As I understood it a few years ago the land is brown belt and the biggest obstacle to planning was the old pit shaft holes from yesteryear. Permission from the NCB required. They, the NCB, no longer exist so the path should be reasonably straight forward. I am not against investors or developers in any way. I just want the best deal for Fev. All I am saying is not to go blindly into a deal that might not be the best we could negotiate. Supposition? Yes. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared for such an eventuality.

#40 lorne mosley.

lorne mosley.
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

There's never been a pit shaft anywhere near the land Colin, and never been a house built on it neither, as a former committee man I thought you might have known about the search they carried out, using old records and maps, for proof that buildings had been built on any part of it... and they came up with zilch

There was however, a large underground air raid shelter between the houses and the rear gate on the opposite side of the footpath, but that's just local knowledge

PS. We also had zeppelins over during the great war

Edited by lorne mosley., 27 July 2013 - 08:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users