TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Premier sports have cocked up again!

haven v dews

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

The haven v Dewsbury game will now be shown at 10pm tomorrow night...........

Delayed to make way for the UEFA cup tie versus Linfield and Xanthi

I subscribed to watch live Rl, especially  Championship games,The NRL was a bonus for me.

now that they are delaying games and sky are going against them it is not worth having.

#2 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Complain directly to them.  If you're on Twitter then they are at @PremierSportsTV.  I think they have a Facebook page as well but I don't go on Facebook so I don't know.

It is a shame that they have followed the trend by delaying rugby league for soccer.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

#3 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Complain directly to them.  If you're on Twitter then they are at @PremierSportsTV.  I think they have a Facebook page as well but I don't go on Facebook so I don't know.

It is a shame that they have followed the trend by delaying rugby league for soccer.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

ive tried to contact them by phone but they close at 6pm :sclerosis:

ill contact them tomorrow to complain and cancel, id rather stream LIVE  champ games online for free when they are live than have to pay to watch delayed games. 

Edited by shun, 24 July 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

...id rather stream LIVE  champ games online for free when they are live than have to pay to watch delayed games. 

How will you do that?

Posted Image

#5 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

How will you do that?

ha well id rather stream the delayed game for free rather than pay £10 pound a month to watch a delayed game. 

#6 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

ha well id rather stream the delayed game for free rather than pay £10 pound a month to watch a delayed game.

Yeah because £10 a month for 4/5 championship games and 30-40 NRL is taking the ######. I can understand you complaining that they are not respecting this particular game but if your a RL fan you can't say its not value for money.

#7 St.Clarence.

St.Clarence.
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yeah because £10 a month for 4/5 championship games and 30-40 NRL is taking the ######. I can understand you complaining that they are not respecting this particular game but if your a RL fan you can't say its not value for money.

I agree,it's definatley good value for money.This is only the second cock up this season i think the other one was a Whitehaven game as well which was delayed due to technical problems but showed on the Saturday.

Life ain't to bad is it,NRL and Championship on Premier sports and Super league on Sky.

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

It is actually poor and i hope its not a view of the future.

Imagine if Sky were doing this for a SL game.

#9 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Why?

Posted Image

#10 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I see this game is marked as free view now.

#11 St.Clarence.

St.Clarence.
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

It is actually poor and i hope its not a view of the future.

Sky have more sports channels so they wouldn't have to.Still don't think it's to bigger deal moving one game.

#12 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

I see this game is marked as free view now.

yes, freeview that subscribers still have to pay for!

listen to me guys i like what prem sports are doing with rugby league, they are showing loads of games, champ , NRL and the world cup, and it is good value for money but i rarely see NRL games as im usualy to hungover haha and if i record it i will already know the score so they will be no point in watching it.

im more of a championship guy anyways!

its just frustrating that they cant do what they say they are going to do.

there has been to many cockups from prem sport this season and this one just takes the biscuit, i mean they have even got a chanel called premier sports EXTRA.........

Use it! 

Edited by shun, 24 July 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#13 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

yes, freeview that subscribers still have to pay for!

listen to me guys i like what prem sports are doing with rugby league, they are showing loads of games, champ , NRL and the world cup, and it is good value for money but i rarely see NRL games as im usualy to hungover haha and if i record it i will already know the score so they will be no point in watching it.

im more of a championship guy anyways!

its just frustrating that they cant do what they say they are going to do.

there has been to many cockups from prem sport this season and this one just takes the biscuit, i mean they have even got a chanel called premier sports EXTRA.........
Use it!

The point is they are the only channel out there with any interest in showing the championship and the actually do a good job of it. The presentation for me on championship games is far better than sky's much more expensive effort on SL.

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

Why?

Because for many Sky are the devil and get ripped even if they move a game a few hours to show it live.

Many fans would love us to move to Premier or BT due to the disdain Sky apparently shows for the sport.

#15 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

Sky, like the RFL are in league with the Devil. 

Premier Sport are the Championship's Guardian Angels

#16 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

The point is they are the only channel out there with any interest in showing the championship and the actually do a good job of it. The presentation for me on championship games is far better than sky's much more expensive effort on SL.

i dont have any problem with the presentation/commentary side of prem sports, and i agree its a whole lot better than  sky's equivalent.

but would sky have delayed/cancelled lets say hull v cas to show wigan athletic v i dont know, whoever they get in Europe?

nope they would not.

prem sports have 2 channels on sky surely they should use them? 

Edited by shun, 24 July 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#17 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Sky, like the RFL are in league with the Devil. 

Premier Sport are the Championship's Guardian Angels

yeah  uefa championships guardian angel at 9:30pm thursday night

how much money do champ clubs receive  from premier sports if any one knows?

#18 robinson2

robinson2
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Anyone who is interested in the Linfield game will be at Windsor Park tomorrow night. It would be a great achievement for the Blues to progress (and I'd love to see Standard Liège coming here) but it should be on BBC TV. I can't see how anyone would subscribe to Premier Sports over here just to see a couple of Linfield games (if it isn't to be a one-off).

#19 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

yeah uefa championships guardian angel at 9:30pm thursday night

how much money do champ clubs receive from premier sports if any one knows?

Think championship get a big fat zero from Premier Sports,but i do think they do a great job with the rugby,just finding the time to watch all the games!

#20 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

The game was moved from Sunday to Thursday on the pretence that it was going to be shown live in the usual Championship RL slot. Rams fans have changed arrangements for to get to Cumbria for the Thursday game only now to find that the game isn't being transmitted live and therefore question if it was necessary for the change.

It shows that Premier Sports don't think much of Championship RL if they place a soccer match between Linfield and Xanthi (Greece) before one of our games. Why don't they transmit the soccer match later that evening?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users