Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

dual reg

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

paul mcshane playing for hunslet this week  :rtfm:

#2 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

last chance saloon for Hunslet...im not surprised at all to be honest. Wouldn't surprise me if Swinton do the same to be honest....if you were in their position you would probably do the same?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#3 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:42 AM

paul mcshane playing for hunslet this week  :rtfm:

shame he wasn't available last week :)

#4 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

last chance saloon for Hunslet...im not surprised at all to be honest. Wouldn't surprise me if Swinton do the same to be honest....if you were in their position you would probably do the same?

To be honest IMO if their ever is a season to be relegated its this one. It will be alot easier to be in the 2 coming up than getting out of the 7 going down next season.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 July 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

To be honest IMO if their ever is a season to be relegated its this one. It will be alot easier to be in the 2 coming up than getting out of the 7 going down next season.

You may have a valid point there Gaz

Lee Morton

#6 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

I still dont understand the new format, will there still be promotion and relegation between champ and champ 1?

Tom Heighton

#7 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

I still dont understand the new format, will there still be promotion and relegation between champ and champ 1?

I'm not sure about that as champ 1 will be split into a north and south league. Maybe criteria will play a part in promotion and relegation from SL2 and the 2 champ 1 leagues.Like it does now with super league.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 July 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#8 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

They should just have 1 team from north and one team from south go up, or even have a playoff between the top teams of each division.

Tom Heighton

#9 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

They should just have 1 team from north and one team from south go up, or even have a playoff between the top teams of each division.

Thats exactly what is planned ie one up from each conference.

Posted Image

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Gaz, you are always getting it wrong!!!! Where do you get 7 teams being relegated from?

At the end of 2014 two SL teams have to be relegated to SL2. If Toulouse are accepted in to SL then a third SL team will be relegated to SL 2.

SL2 will consist of 12 teams where at present we have 14 teams, so that means two Championship teams go down plus either 2 or 3 to make way for the SL clubs being relegated. That makes a total of either 4 or 5 teams to be relegated to Championship 1.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Gaz, you are always getting it wrong!!!! Where do you get 7 teams being relegated from?

At the end of 2014 two SL teams have to be relegated to SL2. If Toulouse are accepted in to SL then a third SL team will be relegated to SL 2.

SL2 will consist of 12 teams where at present we have 14 teams, so that means two Championship teams go down plus either 2 or 3 to make way for the SL clubs being relegated. That makes a total of either 4 or 5 teams to be relegated to Championship 1.

Plus any promoted from championship 1

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

Plus any promoted from championship 1

I don't think there will be promotion from Championship 1 next year.

Posted Image

#13 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Good point. It really is the league of death isn't it!!!

Posted Image

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Keith 7 are going down next season by the looks of it.Top 7 in SL 2 then 2 come down from SL which gives you 9 then Toulouse or another SL club which gives you 10 then 2 are being promoted from the current champ 1 their you go Keith theirs your 12.They are bringing in P&R can you honestly see them not promoting 2 champ 1 clubs after all this debacle about P&R (I can't).The only way I can't see 7 going down is if the RFL make SL2 a criteria league. That's just my opinion of course but I'm sure the details will be released before next season so clubs know where they stand.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 July 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#15 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

the whole thing is a fiasco which ever way you look at it....just not good enough for a supposedly (semi) professional sport...pathetic

Lee Morton

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

At the moment - and - hey - things can change - the proposal is ....

Two to reduce Div 2 to 12

Two for the knock-on effect of reducing Div 1 to 12

One to accommodate Toulouse

Two to be replaced by the two coming up from Div 3.

Seven in all.

Edited by Griff, 26 July 2013 - 11:28 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#17 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

What a bizarre idea !! To reintroduce promotion and relegation by denying promotion and relegation.

It might just happen ......
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Keith 7 are going down next season by the looks of it.Top 7 in SL 2 then 2 come down from SL which gives you 9 then Toulouse or another SL club which gives you 10 then 2 are being promoted from the current champ 1 their you go Keith theirs your 12.They are bringing in P&R can you honestly see them not promoting 2 champ 1 clubs after all this debacle about P&R (I can't).The only way I can't see 7 going down is if the RFL make SL2 a criteria league. That's just my opinion of course but I'm sure the details will be released before next season so clubs know where they stand.

Gaz, as Gav has said previously, I don't think there is any promotion and relegation between the Championship and Championship 1 at the end of 2014 because up to 5 clubs will automatically be relegated. Promotion and relegation starts again for the 2015 season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

What a bizarre idea !! To reintroduce promotion and relegation by denying promotion and relegation.

It might just happen ......

The have to relegate teams before promotion can come back. Promotion & Relegation will be back in 2015.

Posted Image

#20 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Good point. It really is the league of death isn't it!!!

Why, which club has died in that league this season?

Posted Image