Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

dual reg

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Gaz, as Gav has said previously, I don't think there is any promotion and relegation between the Championship and Championship 1 at the end of 2014 because up to 5 clubs will automatically be relegated. Promotion and relegation starts again for the 2015 season.

Keith when you say "I don't think there is any promotion and relegation between championship and championship 1 at the end of 2014," do you mean you don't know, you're  not sure, or you think the rugby posts might move?.

#22 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

The have to relegate teams before promotion can come back. Promotion & Relegation will be back in 2015.

So Gav if I understand you, there will not be promotion to super league, but there might be 15 teams, there will be either 2, or 3 teams relegated from super league, even though there won't be any promoted to it. There will be either 4 or 5 teams relegated from the championship to championship1, depending what happens in super league.  There will not be any promotion from chmpionship1 to championship,, because no team has been relegated yet. I wish I had your clarity, and understanding.

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,702 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Keith when you say "I don't think there is any promotion and relegation between championship and championship 1 at the end of 2014," do you mean you don't know, you're  not sure, or you think the rugby posts might move?.

Not 100% sure but I have read something somewhere in all the pieces about re-structuring that this is the case. Any club going down this year will be 2 seasons before they could get back up.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Not 100% sure but I have read something somewhere in all the pieces about re-structuring that this is the case. Any club going down this year will be 2 seasons before they could get back up.

I've read that as well, if true it means that champiomship1 is being used as a type of recycling Bin,

#25 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Obviously something is wrong somewhwere or the powers that be wouldn't be looking at changing the system. I'm all for p&r but what will the criteria be and there will be some. Us little clubs should get a chance to play in the big leagues.

And I'm all for expanding the game but if what some of you are saying that Tolouse might be making a come back, why is that right.

After visiting there 3 years ago there ground is no better than most.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#26 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

I've supported Barrow for over fifty years and always will, but I have stopped going to away games, because you don't know who your playing against. The next move frightens me, when we will have the ridiculous position where some players will be registered with two teams in the same league, I think that will be the time to pack it in.

#27 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Gaz, as Gav has said previously, I don't think there is any promotion and relegation between the Championship and Championship 1 at the end of 2014 because up to 5 clubs will automatically be relegated. Promotion and relegation starts again for the 2015 season.

Keith - only one thing is certain. NOTHING is decided yet.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#28 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I've read that as well, if true it means that championship 1 is being used as a type of recycling Bin,

I think it's just a bin. No recycling about it.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users