TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Tommy Haughey

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Not only is Tommy a backward step but so are the Batley Players we are supposed to have signed. Is Moore a better half back than Finn or Kain, Hirst a better prop than Crossley, James, Bostock or Bryan. Flanagan better number 9 than Kaye and Ellis or Walmsley better than our second rowers. I don,t think so but I've only watched for 65 years, never played or coached so maybe my knowledge is limited

#22 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Cool your boots things will be fine. By buying all the other players in the league there really will be no one to best!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#23 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Before we get carried away, it might be worth waiting to see which - if any - of these signings are confirmed by the club. The rumours about the Batley players were accompanied by rumours of Andy Kain going to Batley, which our CEO laughed at heartily on Twitter.

#24 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

I seem to remember us going down this road before to get into SL and we all know how that ended up.

#25 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

I seem to remember us going down this road before to get into SL and we all know how that ended up.

Down which road?

#26 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

The four Batley 'stars' in question are all signed and sealed Fev players for 2014, don't worry about that. Enjoy! ;-) Thanks Mr Bastian, there's at least two of them we can't wait to see the back of!

Edited by TheTerminator, 27 July 2013 - 10:54 AM.

Posted Image

#27 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Keegan can't keep hold of a ball&moore is interested in doing his hair,glad were getting rid of them two if I'm Being honest

Edited by Kiddzyy69, 27 July 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#28 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

The four Batley 'stars' in question are all signed and sealed Fev players for 2014, don't worry about that. Enjoy! ;-) Thanks Mr Bastian, there's at least two of them we can't wait to see the back of!

We will see as nothing as been offical yet. But most players come to us as being an average joe and well the rest is history as they improve no end.Also you are a top 5 club so I very much doubt these players are average. You wouldn't be a top 5 club and a very hard team to beat if that was the case.

Edited by thundergaz, 27 July 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#29 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

There is one thing they are no better than what we have now from what I have seen.

Sometimes players need a new challenge so if they do come we will have to see how they perform under the new coach Time will tell

#30 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

We will see as nothing as been offical yet. But most players come to us as being an average joe and well the rest is history as they improve no end.Also you are a top 5 club so I very much doubt these players are average. You wouldn't be a top 5 club and a very hard team to beat if that was the case.

yes Mr Powell was good at that
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#31 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Exactly what I feared. Powell gets rid of players like haughey due to attitude in order to develop a high performing culture at the club, an environment where we can bring in decent players with a good attitude and improve them.

He's gone five minutes and we bring em back. Who next Wayne mchugh?
Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#32 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

With the best will in the world, the reality is actually that you sign already very good players and - hey presto, as a result you've got a team of very good players. Lets not pretend that they pitch up at POR, get sprinkled with magical fairy dust and become very good players due to the mystical aura of the place. Incidentally, which 'average Joe's' have you signed from other clubs? It's always appeared to that you've signed 'the best of the rest' in recent years?

Edited by TheTerminator, 28 July 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Posted Image

#33 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

With the best will in the world, the reality is actually that you sign already very good players and - hey presto, as a result you've got a team of very good players. Lets not pretend that they pitch up at POR, get sprinkled with magical fairy dust and become very good players due to the mystical aura of the place. Incidentally, which 'average Joe's' have you signed from other clubs? It's always appeared to that you've signed 'the best of the rest' in recent years?

Right where do I start. Most players we have signed have become better players for signing for us that's a fact. I will reel 3 names off for you but theirs plenty more. We made worthington we made tonka we made england a SL player need I go on? I also acknowledge we have brought in ready made players but the players we have made easily out weighs the already made players.

Edited by thundergaz, 28 July 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#34 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

Right where do I start. Most players we have signed have become better players for signing for us that's a fact. I will reel 3 names off for you but theirs plenty more. We made worthington we made tonka we made england a SL player need I go on?

England was Dewsbury's best forward by a mile when he signed for you and was destined for good things. Tonks had been part of a successful Oldham team that broke up due to financial disaster and was already a prop of great promise. In fact he'd been part of Bradford Bull's first team squad for at least two years before joining Oldham. I'm not objecting to the fact that you can afford to attract the best players at this level - its a dog eat dog world, but to suggest that Featherstone is a special place where the puny become Supermen is a bit laughable.

Posted Image

#35 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

England was Dewsbury's best forward by a mile when he signed for you and was destined for good things. Tonks had been part of a successful Oldham team that broke up due to financial disaster and was already a prop of great promise. In fact he'd been part of Bradford Bull's first team squad for at least two years before joining Oldham. I'm not objecting to the fact that you can afford to attract the best players at this level - its a dog eat dog world, but to suggest that Featherstone is a special place where the puny become Supermen is a bit laughable.

When we signed tonka he was overweight and un-fit. We made him the player he is today. Engy was a good forward I agree but he's come on leaps and bounds with us. We have made far more than we have brought in all ready made.Also you say we are signing poor players from you guys. Lets see what they do after half a season in a Fev shirt shall we?.

Edited by thundergaz, 28 July 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#36 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

When we signed tonka he was overweight and un-fit. We made him the player he is today. Engy was a good forward I agree but he's come on leaps and bounds with us. We have made far more than we have brought in all ready made.Also you say we are signing poor players from you guys. Lets see what they do after half a season in a Fev shirt shall we?.

Come on, the majority of your squad are ex-Super League players or guys who were the cream of the crop from fellow Championship clubs. You've been able to cherry-pick for a number of years now. To take credit for the likes of England is actually quite insulting to the coaches and clubs who guided them to a position (along with their own natural talent) where they were worthy of being offered big bucks to sign for a more wealthy club. You'll no doubt be taking credit for Steve Crossley next. I can't think of a single player you've signed from a fellow Championship club (over last five or six years) who was an 'Average Joe' when you signed him. As I've said, that's not a criticism, its fair do's as you're the major market force.

Posted Image

#37 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

Come on, the majority of your squad are ex-Super League players or guys who were the cream of the crop from fellow Championship clubs. You've been able to cherry-pick for a number of years now. To take credit for the likes of England is actually quite insulting to the coaches and clubs who guided them to a position (along with their own natural talent) where they were worthy of being offered big bucks to sign for a more wealthy club. You'll no doubt be taking credit for Steve Crossley next. I can't think of a single player you've signed from a fellow Championship club (over last five or six years) who was an 'Average Joe' when you signed him. As I've said, that's not a criticism, its fair do's as you're the major market force.

To be fair we haven't cherry picked many players from championship clubs. I can only think of 6 players we have brought in from champ clubs( that have made first team regulars).I also agree that we have signed some good players but most have improved their game for being at Fev. All I was saying is we improve players no end.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 July 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#38 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

If all the players we signed were already the cream of the crop, Dewsbury must have been unbeatable in recent seasons. Finn, England, Lockwood, Bostock, Crossley, Dom Maloney, Bryn Powell...Dewsbury were habitual table toppers before Fev lured these guys away, right?

#39 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

If all the players we signed were already the cream of the crop, Dewsbury must have been unbeatable in recent seasons. Finn, England, Lockwood, Bostock, Crossley, Dom Maloney, Bryn Powell...Dewsbury were habitual table toppers before Fev lured these guys away, right?

Rather a silly post. Barely any of those names played together in the same team at Dewsbury. You do realise that, don't you? Even if a couple had, two players don't make a team table-toppers.

Posted Image

#40 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Exactly what I feared. Powell gets rid of players like haughey due to attitude in order to develop a high performing culture at the club, an environment where we can bring in decent players with a good attitude and improve them.

He's gone five minutes and we bring em back. Who next Wayne mchugh?

Dont put Wayne down, Tex. Whatever his failings off the park, he was the finest winger in the Championship.If circumstances had been different, as can be applied to us all, he would have coasted into any SL team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users