Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Minor celebrities with no discernible talent

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#1 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Carol Kirkwood - just read the weather, please feel obliged to force your "personality" on viewers.

John Inverdale - rubbish journalist, awful man.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#2 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Most News readers, notably Kate Silverton, who just gurns stupidly at the camera, and makes stupid remarks to intelligent, (really) important people.

Whenever Alex Deakin is announced as the weather forecaster I have to turn the sound down, as he seems to shout the first two sentences.

Down here in the South East, I find Chrissie Reidy annoying, as she never seems to brush her hair before going "On-air", today was very annoying as she was also doing an OB. Kaddy Lee-Preston who does the weather here is one of the most annoying, dreary people I have ever seen on TV.

All My Opinion OK?
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#3 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

I generally find all the BBC Northwest Tonight and Granda crews to be competent and possess an acceptable level of journalistic talent.

Lucy MeCock what a woman!!!!

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

From my perspective . Carol Kirkwood is highly talented. I don't share Kate Siverton's political views, and she certainly adheres to the BBC oath of loyalty: We are the BBC and we are never wrong. However, I do quite rate her. 

Chris Hollins, John Inverdale, Richard Bacon, Mark Kermode, Sian Williams, Susannah Reid, Alex Jones, Leigh Francis, Alan Carr, Michael Macintyre, Davina McCall, Claudia Winkelman,  are all modest people, with much to be modest about.

Edited by JohnM, 25 July 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

I like Claudia Winkleman, or rather what I see of her on telly. I'd like to know her as a pub friend, she'd either be a really good laugh or really annoying!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

League Freak.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

From my perspective . Carol Kirkwood is highly talented.

Interesting. In what way is she talented? She overplays her part massively.

#8 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

From my perspective . Carol Kirkwood is highly talented. I don't share Kate Siverton's political views, and she certainly adheres to the BBC oath of loyalty: We are the BBC and we are never wrong. However, I do quite rate her.

Chris Hollins, John Inverdale, Richard Bacon, Mark Kermode, Sian Williams, Susannah Reid, Alex Jones, Leigh Francis, Alan Carr, Michael Macintyre, Davina McCall, Claudia Winkelman, are all modest people, with much to be modest about.

That's very gracious of you, most of them are not modest but they are without any talent

#9 BJW

BJW
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Carol Kirkwood is just a script reader, not a meteorologist, plus an ex nude model !

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

#10 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Carol Kirkwood is just a script reader, not a meteorologist, plus an ex nude model !

Googles...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#11 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,237 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Chris Hollins, John Inverdale, Richard Bacon, Mark Kermode, Sian Williams, Susannah Reid, Alex Jones, Leigh Francis, Alan Carr, Michael Macintyre, Davina McCall, Claudia Winkelman,  are all modest people, with much to be modest about.

I'd Ant and Dec to that list. And Noel Edmonds.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#12 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,131 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'd Ant and Dec to that list. And Noel Edmonds.

I don't like Ant and Dec but they not doubt have a talent for what they do.
Fides invicta triumphat

#13 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

A Met Office-trained weather presenter, in fact but an ex nude model. Are you sure?

#14 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

Interesting. In what way is she talented? She overplays her part massively.

If you have to ask..... :laugh:

#15 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Unbelievable! Fifteen posts in and no mention of Anthea Turner; talentless; vacuous; soulless.

It does beg the question: how do these people get so much media expopsure?

#16 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Russell Grant.

Kirsty Allsopp.

#17 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Leigh Francis was innovative with the Bo Selecta stuff. You can have an opinion on him but to say he has no talent?

I also think Noel Edmond's has a fantastic track record for his genre. You have to have presenters who can be empathetic and articulate and he's one of them.

Bryan who won Big Brother however is someone I would say had no discernible talent but got gigs because he was the least loathsome in the show.

Those long haired Irish twins Jedward clearly had no talent other than to be someones whoopass.

#18 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Victoria Derbyshire is a person who annoys me more than most. Always comes over as very patronising to me.

#19 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Victoria Derbyshire is a person who annoys me more than most. Always comes over as very patronising to me.

Great shout.  Let's have a phone in about immigration and act all shocked/surprised/indignant when she gets to hear the racist comment that she's been inciting.  She's the pits.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 26 July 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#20 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

I wouldn't classify Derbyshire as a 'celebrity' as such, as most, if not all, non-Radio 5 listeners wouldn't have a clue who she is.  I couldn't agree more about the faux indignation, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users