#142 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

I have no discernible talent.

Please can I be a minor celebrity?

I'd say you were more B flat.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#143 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,463 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Pat Sharp.

Posho.

Prep school followed by Merchant Taylors.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#144 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

Posho.

Prep school followed by Merchant Taylors.

Pat nice but dim.

Oh, hang on...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#145 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

I don't have a problem with quite a few listed on here because I know what their day job is. I might not like them or think they are world beaters but I accept that.

I do have a problem with the David Guests of the world. I have no idea what he does other than marry actresses. Same goes for all these "reality stars" Wish we had a channel just for them.

#146 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Gest is a film producer IIRC.

#147 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

I watched him in the repeats of I Claudius on BBC Three recently, and at no point did he do the Brian Blessed Shouty Thing. In fact, he was quite good. I suspect that over the years he's fallen into that caricature of himself, in much the same way that lots of actors do. Al Pacino starts a sentence softly, raises his voice in the middle, and then softens at the end. Does it all the time. Jack Nicholson has spent years being bigger than big, some blame seems to go to Kubrick who kept telling him "bigger, Jack, bigger" whilst filming The Shining.

Lots of actors just fall into that trap.

I don't know to what extent the actors concerned are in control of events. Do directors say "I want a big shouty bloke, what's Blessed doing these days?" It wouldn't surprise me if he was a bit tired about the whole thing (except when checking the bank balance).

#148 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,814 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Are you saying he doesn't have any talent?

A quick look at IMDB shows that he has even very prolific in recent years working on children's television series and had a part in Family Guy.

I've not seen him show any talent. I'm happy to have be corrected, although it does appear to be largely historical.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#149 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Brian Blessed.  I hear he's an actor, but everything I've seen him in he's just playing Brian Blessed shouting.

But he plays Brian Blessed shouting better than any other actor out there. 

#150 D9000

D9000
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

I watched him in the repeats of I Claudius on BBC Three recently, and at no point did he do the Brian Blessed Shouty Thing. 

Oh, yes he did. IS THERE NO-ONE IN ROME WHO HASN'T SLEPT WITH MY DAUGHTER!!!!

#151 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,814 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

Ben Fogel. Shot to minor celebrity status by living on an island and somehow has clung on for a decade.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#152 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,844 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Ben Fogel. Shot to minor celebrity status by living on an island and somehow has clung on for a decade.

Famous Mam. Dad featured on BBC TV and radio.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#153 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,153 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

His recent series about people who gave up everything and went to live in the woods/outback/Alaskan wilds was very well presented.  I thought he did quite well at that role and it showed that he does have some talent.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#154 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,691 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

Jonathan Ross
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#155 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

His recent series about people who gave up everything and went to live in the woods/outback/Alaskan wilds was very well presented.  I thought he did quite well at that role and it showed that he does have some talent.

Not to mention rowing across the Atlantic and taking part in a race to the South Pole. Oh, and he's  President of the Campaign for National Parks and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.

There seem some very odd targets on this thread, unless of course, those nominating these people have achieved so much more in their own lives, but still find time to hang around internet forums making cheap digs at well known people. <_<

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#156 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

Not to mention rowing across the Atlantic and taking part in a race to the South Pole. Oh, and he's  President of the Campaign for National Parks and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.

There seem some very odd targets on this thread, unless of course, those nominating these people have achieved so much more in their own lives, but still find time to hang around internet forums making cheap digs at well known people. <_<

Whether it's the point of the thread or not Ben Fogel really does get on my nerves!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#157 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

It seems that if someone is a presenter then basically they are talentless. However the very act of presenting is for most people, a knee trembling experience.

Surely the ability to remain composed, have projection and personality under such circumstances is a talent in itself.

#158 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

Whether it's the point of the thread or not Ben Fogel really does get on my nerves!

He has a similar effect on me! But to say he is talentless is wide of the mark. Especially if you compare him with the like of Jordan, Paris Hilton etc, etc, who are only famous for being famous. Or getting their kit off. Or both.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#159 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,893 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

However the very act of presenting is for most people, a knee trembling experience.

Filth! :O

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#160 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,893 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Isn't that what the Internet is for? ;) 

As for Ben Fogle, he's articulate, amiable and doesn't impose his personality on everything he presents. I'm not a particular fan of his work, but he's a decent presenter.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users