0.6% Growth

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

I heard Osborne on the radio today saying we're on the road to recovery.  When we had negative growth or extremely low growth it was the fault of the bad weather, or the Royal Wedding, or the Diamond Jubilee. 

I was just wondering why he didn't mention the absence of any Royal Weddings, Diamond Jubilees and the excellent weather we've been having recently as a possible reason tor the improvement.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#2 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,943 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

probably because  he wanted to provoke you.  :)

In any case, its just one quarter...too abitrary..need to look over a much longer period.

#3 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I heard Osborne on the radio today saying we're on the road to recovery.  When we had negative growth or extremely low growth it was the fault of the bad weather, or the Royal Wedding, or the Diamond Jubilee. 

I was just wondering why he didn't mention the absence of any Royal Weddings, Diamond Jubilees and the excellent weather we've been having recently as a possible reason tor the improvement.

Because he is a politician. As a breed they always take the credit but never accept any blame.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#4 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

Because he is a politician. As a breed they always take the credit but never accept any blame.

That's very cynical of you

#5 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,547 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

That's very cynical of you

Cynical, yes. But am I wrong?

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com