Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheridan

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

I sincerely hope that he doesn't become the second significant casualty of the directors' naive attempts to influence player selection. They may be successful businessmen, but they have demonstrated recently in a number of ways that they have a lot to learn about Rugby League.

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Lets wait and see if anything is said official.

Hope is not true just got the team settled and playing well again

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

To be fair, he already knows he's not got the coaching job next season.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

To be fair, he already knows he's not got the coaching job next season.

Your a bit late with that one

#5 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

Fair comment Griff, but there are a number of important games to be played yet this season.

#6 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

I reckon even during DP's reign that he was the power behind the throne. He go no credit or mentions but I reckon he is a shrewd operator. Hope he doesn't go.

#7 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

Now confirmed in Yorkshire post that Ryan Sheridan is leaving at the end of the season. No surprise whatsoever in that then!!
Im Fev and im proud

#8 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

QED. Another individual who gave 100% for the club falls by the wayside. If I were a dyed in the wool Featherstone supporter, I would be worried that, should the vision that the directors have for the club fail to materialise, they would drop the club and move on to another project to bolster their egos. Featherstone is a club that has history, is steeped in tradition, and doesn't deserve to be treated this way by itinerant businessmen.

#9 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

QED. Another individual who gave 100% for the club falls by the wayside. If I were a dyed in the wool Featherstone supporter, I would be worried that, should the vision that the directors have for the club fail to materialise, they would drop the club and move on to another project to bolster their egos. Featherstone is a club that has history, is steeped in tradition, and doesn't deserve to be treated this way by itinerant businessmen.

Ryan's own decision and one that clearly was going to happen when DP went to C@s
Im Fev and im proud

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

You're a bit late with that one

Not really. An inevitable consequence of appointing a new coach for next season, that's all.

#11 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,953 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

i think you're reading too much into it. in fact if danny orr hadn't been at cas, sheriden would have probably left with powell.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#12 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

If the vision fails to materialize, no doubt the club - and its supporters - will be chuffed to see the back of them.

#13 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Some people like to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Also some people have short memories. Where would our club be without mr Campbell and feisal? We were in a right mess before these came along and our club was on its last legs anyway. As I see it these guys have brought us from the depths of despair and put life back into featherstone rovers and I for one am very grateful. Until these guys show that their not here for the club(which I may add nothing of the sort as been shown yet) then I for one appreciate everything they have done for our club and long may it continue.

#14 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,953 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Some people like to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Also some people have short memories. Where would our club be without mr Campbell and feisal? We were in a right mess before these came along and our club was on its last legs anyway. As I see it these guys have brought us from the depths of despair and put life back into featherstone rovers and I for one am very grateful. Until these guys show that their not here for the club(which I may add nothing of the sort as been shown yet) then I for one appreciate everything they have done for our club and long may it continue.

a drowning man doesn't refuse the lifebelt because he doesn't know the man who's thrown it.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#15 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Things happen..nothing stays the same; We will continue to have ups and downs..thats life; Enjoy the moment; By the way a big thankyou to Ryan Sheridan for helping to put us where we are now along with a few others; Remember this famous saying "It'll happen if you worry ..It'll happen if you don't"  UP THE ROVERS;

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

Mark Campbell's done fine. Jury's out on Feisal just yet. He's only been here ten minutes.

#17 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Smells of chris Taylor to me
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#18 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'll say the same about Ryan as I said about DP....thank you for what you have done for the Club and good luck for the future. TOGETHER the BOD and the coaching staff have brought Featherstone to where they are today. We all good at complaining when something goes wrong (hindsight is a wonderful thing). Let's pat them ALL on the back for what has been achieved so far and look forward to what the future holds.

#19 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Is the new coach going to pull the strings all on his own?. Ryan has done a magnificent job over the past months and surely would have been an ideal "wingman" for Bastion, or are there other factors to be taken into consideration?.

Edited by Bob Crowther, 27 July 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#20 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Aye.... He's got a sl gig bob!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users