• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Aye.... He's got a sl gig bob!!

Really deserves it. Bastion has to walk tall to fill his boots,IMO.

#22 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Swinton wouldn't have troubled us today if Sheridan had been in place and had fielded the same team that beat Halifax. If the directors do want some silverware this season they've just about blown all the chances. I can't see us winning another game.

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

Swinton wouldn't have troubled us today if Sheridan had been in place and had fielded the same team that beat Halifax. If the directors do want some silverware this season they've just about blown all the chances. I can't see us winning another game.

I think our season finished when DP left to be honest. Ever since then I think our focus as been on next season.

Edited by thundergaz, 28 July 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#24 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Can not wait to here way Sheridan has left Two coaches in one season

Statement is needed to stop the rumours. Yes Long was at the game today with Cambell
So whether he takes over or not we will have to see.

#25 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

We are the Blackburn Rovers of Football!

Fans forum will be interesting on Thursday, the BOD have a lot of explaining to do!

#26 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm told Campbell and Long were in a party of four at Leigh today with Fred Carno and Billy Smart.

#27 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Ha ha. Funniest post of the evening.

#28 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Just banter in case you're wondering thundergaz... ;)

#29 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Excuses, excuses, yeah. We've heard it all before.

:bye:

#30 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

we're lucky it's not this season that counts!   They're be more chopping and changing before the first ball is kicked next season.  Just roll with it, it will all pay off in the end. :P

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#31 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

we're lucky it's not this season that counts! They're be more chopping and changing before the first ball is kicked next season. Just roll with it, it will all pay off in the end. :P

But MC and CP want this team to win the league and the grand final this year so why chip and change a winning team and get rid of the coach

#32 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

Smells of chris Taylor to me

Lingard, please can you explain this further. I don't understand.

Chris
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#33 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

we're lucky it's not this season that counts!   They're be more chopping and changing before the first ball is kicked next season.  Just roll with it, it will all pay off in the end. :P

Can't really understand this at all. It's like saying you're going to win the bicentennial $uperleague in 2095, so why bother for the seasons in between?

Anyway ....... did anyone just expect Feisal to put his money in and stand back to see what happens ? There'll be a lot of changes along the way. Some you'll like, some you won't.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#34 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Can't really understand this at all. It's like saying you're going to win the bicentennial $uperleague in 2095, so why bother for the seasons in between?

Anyway ....... did anyone just expect Feisal to put his money in and stand back to see what happens ? There'll be a lot of changes along the way. Some you'll like, some you won't.

The club want to win this year just like any other club

As for changes clubs are like business and as time moves on you have got to change to be the best. As long as any change is for the benefit of Fev Rovers then it needs doing

#35 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

The club want to win this year just like any other club

That's what I thought. But Gaz is not bothered, it seems. Jam tomorrow's good enough for him.

#36 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Can't really understand this at all. It's like saying you're going to win the bicentennial $uperleague in 2095, so why bother for the seasons in between?Anyway ....... did anyone just expect Feisal to put his money in and stand back to see what happens ? There'll be a lot of changes along the way. Some you'll like, some you won't.

Wouldn't the Bicentennial SuperLeague be in 2195? Still it's only a hundred out. It's not as though you're an accountant or anything.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 30 July 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#37 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#38 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Sheridan was in place when Donny beat us and we had both him and DP in place when York beat us. Swinton played exceptionally well but once again we were out enthused by a lower team which raised its game.

So when were we going to give big Sam a game? What better opportunity to start his return to full match fitness than a game against the division's bottom club. He's a class act and will be massive for us in the final few weeks. I'd have thought Ryan would have welcomed him with open arms into the side. Would we have denied Engy a place had he declared himself fit?
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#39 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Sheridan was in place when Donny beat us and we had both him and DP in place when York beat us. Swinton played exceptionally well but once again we were out enthused by a lower team which raised its game.

So when were we going to give big Sam a game? What better opportunity to start his return to full match fitness than a game against the division's bottom club. He's a class act and will be massive for us in the final few weeks. I'd have thought Ryan would have welcomed him with open arms into the side. Would we have denied Engy a place had he declared himself fit?

that's your trouble Terry,you talk sense

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#40 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Wouldn't the Bicentennial SuperLeague be in 2195? Still it's only a hundred out. It's not as though you're an accountant or anything.

RFL formed 1895. You wouldn't remember.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users