• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hello,
I have formatted some tickets for a rugby match on my computer, in PowerPoint and Word.  They must be individually numbered and we need about a thousand.

Short of my indiviually typing numbers 0001 to 1000 on each one, how can this be done?

Also, we would like four tickets per A4 sheet.

Thanks,

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#2 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

You could design them as separate pages in word and add automatic page numbering. Then when you print them you could scale them down to fit 4 on one page. The downside is you would need a 1000 page document. May just be quicker to change the numbers manually...

Edited by RugbyLeagueGeek, 26 July 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#3 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Paste it in to excel and use an n+1 type formula in the ticket number area?

#4 RLRatings

RLRatings
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

A mail merge? Simply list the numbers in a spreadsheet (done in no time), then pull the numbers across to consecutive tickets as they're printed using the mail merge function. I think that's how it works anyway, I've not tried that in a few years.
www.rugbyleagueratings.com - proving that Featherstone were bound to beat Cas, since 2011.

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

A mail merge? Simply list the numbers in a spreadsheet (done in no time), then pull the numbers across to consecutive tickets as they're printed using the mail merge function. I think that's how it works anyway, I've not tried that in a few years.

Exactly the way I would suggest

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

That sounds great.

I am struggling with doing it as I am stupid.  Any tips?

Thank you!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#7 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Bob8

hope youve mastered it but if not it depends on the version of word youre using but basically you need a simple data source containing the numbers you want assigned to each copy. Open an Excel spreadsheet and:
1.In cell A1 type Number
.2. In cell A2, type 1 (or whatever number you need the sequence to start from), in cell A3 type 2 (or the next number up if you didn't start at 1); select the two cells simultaneously and use AutoComplete to fill in the remaining cells you need, so that the sequence ends with the number you want it to.
3. In your Word document, select Tools + Mailmerge.
4.Click on the “Create” button, select “Form Letters” and then “Active Window”.
5. Click on the “Get Data” button, select “Open Data Source” and then find and select the spreadsheet you've just created; then select “Entire Spreadsheet”, and finally, “Edit Main Document”.
6. The Mail Merge Toolbar will now be visible. Click in the document where you want the sequential number to go, then click on “Insert Merge Field” button on the toolbar, and select the “Number” field.
7. Click on the “Merge” button, Happy days!

#8 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Thank you!

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

Bob8

hope youve mastered it but if not it depends on the version of word youre using but basically you need a simple data source containing the numbers you want assigned to each copy. Open an Excel spreadsheet and:
1.In cell A1 type Number
.2. In cell A2, type 1 (or whatever number you need the sequence to start from), in cell A3 type 2 (or the next number up if you didn't start at 1); select the two cells simultaneously and use AutoComplete to fill in the remaining cells you need, so that the sequence ends with the number you want it to.
3. In your Word document, select Tools + Mailmerge.
4.Click on the “Create” button, select “Form Letters” and then “Active Window”.
5. Click on the “Get Data” button, select “Open Data Source” and then find and select the spreadsheet you've just created; then select “Entire Spreadsheet”, and finally, “Edit Main Document”.
6. The Mail Merge Toolbar will now be visible. Click in the document where you want the sequential number to go, then click on “Insert Merge Field” button on the toolbar, and select the “Number” field.
7. Click on the “Merge” button, Happy days!

Jaysus!!
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#10 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

http://www.rafflepri...er/Numbers.aspx

Design and print your own numbered tickets.

Trick to perforate the stubs for tearing of ...use a sewing machine to make the perforations.

A bit of practise and you can soon make very professional event tickets when you need them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users