RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford youngsters

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 reds89

reds89
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hi Guys, Salford fan here.

Firstly, congratulations on what seems to have been a tremendous season for you guys so far. Just wondering how the couple of Salford youngsters in Ford and Files have been going for you this season? I know both are rated very highly within the Salford club, just wondering how you guys rate them. Here's hoping your season continues in the same form, and good luck for your massive game against Crusaders on Sunday. 

Reds89

#2 m brooksy

m brooksy
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Files has been phenomenal all year and for me been our best player along with Langtree ,Palfrey and Lepori. Huge threat from dummy half and has been key for us in winning many tight games.

Ford is a good centre but I think he lacks power and strength to make the step up to a higher level. Great finisher though.
  • OutOfTownRoughyed likes this

#3 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Files has been phenomenal all year and for me been our best player along with Langtree ,Palfrey and Lepori. Huge threat from dummy half and has been key for us in winning many tight games.

Ford is a good centre but I think he lacks power and strength to make the step up to a higher level. Great finisher though.

Don't be telling him that , they'll be wanting them back. No mate they're rubbish, might as well let them come to us on freeby. Let us do you a favour andtake them off your hands permanently. :D

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 26 July 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Of course, no loans or Dual Reg players in North Wales Crusaders. We play our own players and that's why we win! ;)

#5 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

We'll see on Sunday!

#6 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

We'll see on Sunday!

Your keyboard appears to be stuck!

#7 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Yes and so does yours. We're not dual reg nah nah na nah nah! Yawn!

#8 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

We play our own players and that's why we win! ;)

No it's not. You win cos those players that you have are decent players for the league and you have a bloody good coach. They're not playing for the shirt or the supporters , Dallimore is the proof of that. They're playing for a tried and trusted coach who they feel will help them move on to better things. Something that Naylor is proving he is.

#9 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Doubled up sorry

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 26 July 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#10 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Tell me which club have players who are playing for their shirt or their fans? I will tell you - Oldham St. Annes, Waterhead, Eccles ARLFC not Oldham RLFC! As for semi-pro teams, if you were more involved with NW Crusaders than you are you would be assured that those players are closer to their fans than any others in the same division, and yes, I do know a few people who are involved with Oldham. 

#11 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I assure you the group of players at Oldham certainly are close to the fans, fact and care more about ORLFC than you think. Now be a good Rooster and be more concerned about your mission13 and your coaches bizzare comments and jog on, try the mind games it wont work. We will see who is victorious come Sunday afternoon, if you win you will deserve it for sure as will we. Dont try to big up your "historic" club, thats one argument you certainly will lose!!

• TOSH1960 and OutOfTownRoughyed like this

#12 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

... sorry my post went awry.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 26 July 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#13 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

I assure you the group of players at Oldham certainly are close to the fans, fact and care more about ORLFC than you think. Now be a good Rooster and be more concerned about your mission13 and your coaches bizzare comments and jog on, try the mind games it wont work. We will see who is victorious come Sunday afternoon, if you win you will deserve it for sure as will we. Dont try to big up your "historic" club, thats one argument you certainly will lose!!

Look, let's just agree its each club to their own and how each others players interact with their fans is up to each club. What I would say however is that it's great to see (most) Oldham fans positive about the way things are going again and whilst we talk about our short history as a club, it really is not so different to Oldham with a new coach and a young squad put together in the off season.

In my opinion these are the two clubs that will win promotion this year, but I'm still confident we will win the league. If you win on Sunday - and I genuinely think you should win this game, you're in great form and haven't beaten us so far - we can still lose another game in our run in and will still end up ahead. Plus you've got to go to both Rochdale and London.

It's not mind games to say the pressure is on Oldham, because if they lose its effectively all over - but either way as I said I think these are the two teams to go up.....

#14 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Cru's have been by far the best team this season, the league table shows that. But if the Roughyeds beat you Sunday then your run in might not look quite so easy. Hemel, remember them? Oxford, Skolars and South Wales, none of those are easy games and Gateshead wont just lie down and let Cru's walk all over them. Lose Sunday and I think things change massively but I agree you are still favourites. Should be a great game again and I am certainly looking forward to it.

#15 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Your keyboard appears to be stuck!

So sad our dual reg player scored 3 tries today! and that's why we win!

#16 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

that pleased to be playing for oldham he went up on stage wearing his Salford shirt  ;)

#17 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

He is at every training session with a big smile on his face. He puts everything into every session and every game. He is learning from two good coaches who coached him at Salford and he is winning us games. If that is a failure, then lets have more of it please. We didn't ask for this dual reg but he has been outstanding week in and week out.

#18 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

As long as he wears an Oldham shirt on a Sunday wgaf what shirt he wears in the club, up the Roughyeds roll on London away next wkend :-)
  • allroughyed and TOSH1960 like this

#19 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

As long as he wears an Oldham shirt on a Sunday wgaf what shirt he wears in the club, up the Roughyeds roll on London away next wkend :-)

What he said !!!!!

In the First 48.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users