Hunslet v Wigan (I mean Leigh)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

So who is optimistic about Sundays game? Silly as it sounds I fancy a cheeky little win for us this week. They won against Sheffield yes, but they have yo look interested when visiting us.

Usually when a team plays in a big game they tend to go off the boil the following week against lesser opposition.

Anyway, I feel optimistic and here is my team selection for Sunday.

Watson
Maples
Keinhorst/Foster/Normington
Well I am
Kain
McShane
Helliwell
Yates
Tebb
Davies
Oakes
Menzies
Haughey

Hood
Coyle
Forward 1
Forward 2 (not sure who is fit)

#2 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

I hear that 'well I am' is outstanding

#3 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

Shouldn't this thread be renamed "Rhino's V Leigh?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#4 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

hahaha ohh the cheek! surely it should be Leeds A v Wigan A?

#5 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Some extremely funny ill informed goons on here, enjoy your day.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#6 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

To be honest Gaz , a bonus point would be great on Sunday. I don't expect any more, as Leigh don't loose to anyone below them.Credit to them for that.

Just another point though, Leigh pretend not to Dual Reg , and seem to get away with it, only poor old Swinton and us get all the blame for the dual reg.

Remember Barrow had more Dual reg than us last Sunday, Leigh will more than likely have more D/R than us Sunday. 

But lets not mention that, only Huns and Swinton are to blame for the Dual Reg acording to all the other teams supporters in our league.

#7 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

There is a subtle difference to DR and the old loan system.
I understand that as fans we want our team to do well.
Hunslet and Barrow have chosen to go down different routes. Hunslet decided they would go down the DR route, it's obvious that it has not ( so far) proved beneficial. It might do if the system keeps you from being relegated. Whatever its pretty clear that only the Superleague clubs win with DR. They get to cut back on their young player development but still have an "A" team to nurture young players and have somewhere for experienced players to get back to fitness. That cannot do much for the spirit in the changing room when players who partly rely on a bit of extra income see themselves dropped for an incoming "Star".
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#8 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Bearmam .SPOT ON ! Im afraid its "rose tinted glasses'for most on here ! Its abit like being on The TITANIC . When its too late the penny will drop !!

#9 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

To be honest Gaz , a bonus point would be great on Sunday. I don't expect any more, as Leigh don't loose to anyone below them.Credit to them for that.

Just another point though, Leigh pretend not to Dual Reg , and seem to get away with it, only poor old Swinton and us get all the blame for the dual reg.

Remember Barrow had more Dual reg than us last Sunday, Leigh will more than likely have more D/R than us Sunday. 

But lets not mention that, only Huns and Swinton are to blame for the Dual Reg acording to all the other teams supporters in our league.

We will probably only have Spencer on dual reg which we have had most of the season very rarely had more than 2 maybe three in any one game and that was when we had loads out injured and they have been under 23's.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow we are going into Leeds for a few drinks before. Good luck for the rest of the season, not tomorrow though LOL.

#10 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

hopefully looking forward to the lad making some contribution either off the bench or starting the game and ending his atrocious run of injuries and keeping the teams chances of avoiding relegation a faint possibility
chappy

#11 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

We will probably only have Spencer on dual reg which we have had most of the season very rarely had more than 2 maybe three in any one game and that was when we had loads out injured and they have been under 23's.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow we are going into Leeds for a few drinks before. Good luck for the rest of the season, not tomorrow though LOL.

Ian no need to explain because the ignorant folks choose not to listen, its a Yarkshire trait.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

hopefully looking forward to the lad making some contribution either off the bench or starting the game and ending his atrocious run of injuries and keeping the teams chances of avoiding relegation a faint possibility

Fantastic news! Welcome back Grinmer!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#13 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

How do I report this thread please?

#14 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

So who is optimistic about Sundays game? Silly as it sounds I fancy a cheeky little win for us this week. They won against Sheffield yes, but they have yo look interested when visiting us.

Usually when a team plays in a big game they tend to go off the boil the following week against lesser opposition.

Anyway, I feel optimistic and here is my team selection for Sunday.

Watson
Maples
Keinhorst/Foster/Normington
Well I am
Kain
McShane
Helliwell
Yates
Tebb
Davies
Oakes
Menzies
Haughey

Hood
Coyle
Forward 1
Forward 2 (not sure who is fit)

Is it a joke what I have heard about squad selection.

March at Hooker. Watson dropped. As Tebb is on bench is Hood dropped too? Clough keeps his place after last weeks performance?
Wellham on bench.

Thought we had a chance of winning this. Bit late in the day of changing everything around.

#15 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

Be careful you will be locked or deleted

#16 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Is it a joke what I have heard about squad selection.

March at Hooker. Watson dropped. As Tebb is on bench is Hood dropped too? Clough keeps his place after last weeks performance?
Wellham on bench.

Thought we had a chance of winning this. Bit late in the day of changing everything around.

when you suggest Menzies at 2nd row not sure you can call anyone else's team selection a joke :P

#17 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

when you suggest Menzies at 2nd row not sure you can call anyone else's team selection a joke :P

Can someone please delete this post?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#18 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Can someone please delete this post?

why? Menzies is no doubt a good prop but mobility is not in his skill set

#19 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Kainy at fullback, March at hooker, Mapals on the wing, Grimmer and Mcshane at halfback, Yates back & Keinhorst in the centre.

It looks like last weeks performance wasn't taken lightly by the coach, many changes for today. Good luck to all the lads in the 17!

#20 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users