Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet v Wigan (I mean Leigh)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

You'll pay for that last comment , Ha Ha

#22 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

You'll pay for that last comment , Ha Ha

ha ha nice one

#23 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

What a flat boring game that was today. Each team just wanting to play their sets out and to see what came of it. Then..... We did what we always do, start to be flash and concede penaltys in our own 20. Great to get the bonus point but Leigh really just went through the motions and were not that interested really. In fact they looked tired.

Thought Kain had a good first half then ballsed it up in the second half and cost us a silly try plus one we got away with.

Maples had a good game again as did Yates. Thought Normington looked stronger this week too. Mcshanes kicking was great but he went missing for 30 minutes in the second half. I thought he had gone off but he hadn't.

We missed a proper Hooking combination and we should have had Mcshane at hooker with Tebb, and brought Helliwell in.

If your dropping Watson from full back he is too good not to play on the wing. Pryce should be left out next week. Offers very little.

#24 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Pryce played well

#25 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

What a flat boring game that was today. Each team just wanting to play their sets out and to see what came of it. Then..... We did what we always do, start to be flash and concede penaltys in our own 20. Great to get the bonus point but Leigh really just went through the motions and were not that interested really. In fact they looked tired.

Thought Kain had a good first half then ballsed it up in the second half and cost us a silly try plus one we got away with.

Maples had a good game again as did Yates. Thought Normington looked stronger this week too. Mcshanes kicking was great but he went missing for 30 minutes in the second half. I thought he had gone off but he hadn't.

We missed a proper Hooking combination and we should have had Mcshane at hooker with Tebb, and brought Helliwell in.

If your dropping Watson from full back he is too good not to play on the wing. Pryce should be left out next week. Offers very little.

you can't complain about the game been flat and boring, then in the same sentance complain about been flash

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#26 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Pryce was my MOM by a mile, followed by Kainy & Yatesy!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#27 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Am told j.keinhorst didnt play for LeedsR.L. did he play today for Hunslet ?

#28 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

game today showed half how we can compete and survive in this league. 2nd half showed why we dont. Half time talk must have been a real belter cos Leigh were there for the taking today.swinton showed how it can be done today and york got a good bonus at halifax.All teams winning a match against good opposition except us.Can still do york but can see swinton been above us come end of season.

Pryce did well but not as a winger

#29 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

The game was boring played by two poor attacking sides not sure what we can take from today considering we are bottom and Leigh were piĀ£$ poor

#30 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Am told j.keinhorst didnt play for LeedsR.L. did he play today for Hunslet ?

yes he played well some great tackles

#31 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

We missed a proper Hooking combination and we should have had Mcshane at hooker with Tebb, and brought Helliwell in. Helliwell at 6 before Grimmer now fit seams his face doesnt fit with you Gaz any reason for it would be nice to know

chappy

#32 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Leigh "MAY" have bet Hunslet with the14 start . Everybody HAPPY .Leigh ,Jaded , after cup triumph ,beat Hunslet for winning pay , by less than 14 to collect bets and Hunslet get a Bonus Point ! Amazing how "Iloverugby" has Hunslet as Team of The Month .Are they laughio at us ! !

#33 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

yes he played well some great tackles

..................Thanks for that .

#34 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

you can't complain about the game been flat and boring, then in the same sentance complain about been flash

Course I can. That is what happened although we tried to be flash and wasn't.
I thought Eatons game plan was good - he went for no mistakes, nothing fancy and finish the sets. In the first half we did just that. Then in the second we did the silly old throwing and offloading the ball in impossible tackles.

We lost at Barrow because if the same thing and I thought we learned from it. Then it crept back in.

As for Pryce, he had a better game but sorry he is not good enough. He got the ball and could have skinned the defender down the line, but he knows he lacks pace and ran into the opposing pack on our own 30m line - several times too Give that to Maples or Brickwood and you would not have seen them for dust. So opinionated I may be but you know I am right.

Mcshane was missing for 1/3 of the game. He is an out an out Hooker and should be treat that way. Put Tebb in at 7 instead, he is another Rob Burrow and we know Burrow is wasted as Hooker.

#35 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Bonus point within 12 Not 14

#36 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Bonus point within 12 Not 14

...hunslet got beat by 7 gaining a bonus point . Betting handicap was 14 start for Hunslet . 2 seperate things. AM CONFIDENT Hunslet WILL WIN at Dewsbury . NO PROBLEM ! ! !

#37 allanblue

allanblue
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

lets pl.ay as hunslet and if we go down which is likely go down as hunslet. nothing against any players who have played for us this year but lets play with hunslet players next year and no chopping and changing of players which i think as been our downfall this year

#38 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

lets pl.ay as hunslet and if we go down which is likely go down as hunslet. nothing against any players who have played for us this year but lets play with hunslet players next year and no chopping and changing of players which i think as been our downfall this year

... Good call .Thats what I want ... AGREE TOTALLY ...

#39 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Leigh "MAY" have bet Hunslet with the14 start . Everybody HAPPY .Leigh ,Jaded , after cup triumph ,beat Hunslet for winning pay , by less than 14 to collect bets and Hunslet get a Bonus Point ! Amazing how "Iloverugby" has Hunslet as Team of The Month .Are they laughio at us ! !

1. It's LoveRugbyLeague.com, we have sponsored your club in the past, please get our name right.

2. You were team of the week, not team of the month.

3. We were not laughing at you, we were giving you free promotion, just like every other team of the week we have featured.

4. Are you seriously suggesting that Leigh players had bets on this match?

Posted Image

#40 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Be it team of the week or month , strange a team, incapable of wining should be 4n the spotlight .As previously pointed out this is A rugby forum NOT an english lesson !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users