Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet v Wigan (I mean Leigh)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Be it team of the week or month , strange a team, incapable of wining should be 4n the spotlight .As previously pointed out this is A rugby forum NOT an english lesson !

It would be respectful if you got our name right.

Everybody has been or will be team of the week at some point.

Posted Image

#42 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

It would be respectful if you got our name right.

Everybody has been or will be team of the week at some point.

gav your wasting your breath
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#43 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

gav your wasting your breath

No worries pal, I know most of you are alright really ;)

Looking forward to having you over on August 19th. Possibly the biggest game in either club's recent history...

Posted Image

#44 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

No worries pal, I know most of you are alright really ;)

Looking forward to having you over on August 19th. Possibly the biggest game in either club's recent history...

Can't disagree with that, I'm nervous already!

#45 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

I recall Hunslet being the last team to play at Yorks former ground (was it wigton lane)? Very emotional ,Yorks player of old turned out in force ,after the game ,people sat crying in the stands .End of an era .Always enjoy going to York ,team on a par with Us ,Great Supporters ,Great place . Hope its OUR turn to win !!

#46 Penola

Penola
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

I recall Hunslet being the last team to play at Yorks former ground (was it wigton lane)? Very emotional ,Yorks player of old turned out in force ,after the game ,people sat crying in the stands .End of an era .Always enjoy going to York ,team on a par with Us ,Great Supporters ,Great place . Hope its OUR turn to win !!

Wiggington Road

We've won there the last two seasons and are York's bogey team

#47 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Wiggington Road

We've won there the last two seasons and are York's bogey team

...Thanks for that . Im ULTRA Confident We will Win at Dewsbury AND York .

#48 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Am amazed how Quiet this forum is ? Come on Now please state your feelings .For me ,I believe Leeds R.L. are one of the fittest teams in Super League , so to quote fellow posters , a certain player went missing for a 3rd of the game ? ? in champianship . p.s. im only commenting on what i have read .

#49 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

Am amazed how Quiet this forum is ? Come on Now please state your feelings .For me ,I believe Leeds R.L. are one of the fittest teams in Super League , so to quote fellow posters , a certain player went missing for a 3rd of the game ? ? in champianship . p.s. im only commenting on what i have read .

macca missing for part of the game was nothing to do with fitness it was down to us giving Leigh the ball back on the first and second tackle about 10 times in the second half, hence impossible for him to come into the game. Unless of course you want your 6 & 7 taking hit ups?

#50 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

macca missing for part of the game was nothing to do with fitness it was down to us giving Leigh the ball back on the first and second tackle about 10 times in the second half, hence impossible for him to come into the game. Unless of course you want your 6 & 7 taking hit ups?

....Thanks for pointing the 'possesion'situation out .

#51 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

anyone care to give a match report against leigh whilst im on hols , ta

Posted Image

#52 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Good effort first half, nothing between the teams, at 6 all with seconds left to half time, Leigh score under the posts literally as the hooter was blowing to give them a 12-6 lead at half time, must have been a killer for our lads after their efforts first half. Second half we battled away once more and stood toe to toe with Leigh but our inability to complete sets continuously knocking on on the first and second tackle meant that we never had possession and could not build up any pressure. Add to that the defending we had to do it was remarkable we only got beat by 7 points. Some great efforts across the park, Pryce was my MOM, Kain was oustanding a fullback but his one error was the game breaker. Mapals did loads of work and looked a threat, Houston and Yates were our best forwards, and Marchy at 9 for the first 20 mins looked like a different player and bossed the game in that opening 20 mins. Mcshane was quite, put a great 40 20 in first half and a lovely chip over the top for Mapals to score in the second half. All in all a decent performance against a top team, who to be fair looked like they had been partying all week. But we would have all taken a loss by 7 points before the game, and the bonus point was invaluable with the other results that went against us. we now have 3 games we must win, i think we can win all 3 if we play for 80 mins. Looking forward to the long walk to Dewsbury Sunday should be a cracking local derby lets travel (walk) in our numbers and get behind the lads! 

Nihil sine Deo

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#53 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

anyone care to give a match report against leigh whilst im on hols , ta

..Comprehensive match report on club website.

#54 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

To be honest Gaz , a bonus point would be great on Sunday. I don't expect any more, as Leigh don't loose to anyone below them.Credit to them for that.

Just another point though, Leigh pretend not to Dual Reg , and seem to get away with it, only poor old Swinton and us get all the blame for the dual reg.
Remember Barrow had more Dual reg than us last Sunday, Leigh will more than likely have more D/R than us Sunday.

Hahaha give over we had 2 loans players which weren't even dual reg