Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bulls Not Paid

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Interesting tweet fron John Bateman saying he ain't been paid.

So we get 4 days of since we have no game then you plan to go away with the family oh wait there .... No I can't becoz I ant been paid!!!!!!

HW

Edited by Havenwarrior, 26 July 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#2 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,107 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Bulls players not paid because it's not pay day until the 28th...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Lol.......I'm the same for the last 2 weeks of every month

#4 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Bulls players not paid because it's not pay day until the 28th...

When 28th is a Sat/Sun, you should be paid earlier on a working day, which is today.

GW

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,606 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Nothing negative to see here. Move along please.

Bulls players have now been paid this month’s wages, it has been confirmed.  see http://www.thetelegr...in&cid=10653527

#6 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

When 28th is a Sat/Sun, you should be paid earlier on a working day, which is today.

GW

I made this mistake recently. I'm paid the 15th and presumed as this was a Sunday I would be paid the 13th: I wasn't until the 16th.

#7 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Bulls players have now been paid this month’s wages, it has been confirmed.  see http://www.thetelegr...in&cid=10653527

That article is 12 months old!

HW

#8 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

They get paid Monday. Thats why twitter is a pian in the ar senal. Rumours spread because some players are not the brightest sparks.......

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#9 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

I made this mistake recently. I'm paid the 15th and presumed as this was a Sunday I would be paid the 13th: I wasn't until the 16th.

Same here, but ours is always paid before, even when payday falls on a Monday, it always hits the bank on a Saturday.

HW

#10 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Same here, but ours is always paid before, even when payday falls on a Monday, it always hits the bank on a Saturday.

HW

you must work at the best company in the world? 

#11 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Some people need to remember that this isn't their playground...  It's also not a place that accepts playground abuse of other posters.  Go elsewhere if you think that's acceptable.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#12 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

We are paid on the 28th except when the 28th falls on a Sunday, and then its Monday the 29thfor payday.
July is one of the 2 instances this year where it happens. I know about it, its not unusual and JB should really pause a little before he tweets.

#13 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

If he checks his account tomorrow he may well find it's in......tends to happen with my wages if payday falls on a sun and it's not gone in on fri

#14 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Some people need to remember that this isn't their playground... It's also not a place that accepts playground abuse of other posters. Go elsewhere if you think that's acceptable.

?

......and the abusive post was?.........

#15 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,606 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

So it is, so it is!  :blackeye:  :blackeye:

#16 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

?

My Gay Warrior comment, t'was just in jest but hey ho, apologies. 

#17 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

?

Deleted posts...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#18 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Well I took on offence, typo on my behalf and a bit of wit on yours, seems some people need a chill pill.

HW not GW

#19 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

As a point, if I get one complaint about a post that's made in jest then it obviously hasn't been taken as such by others.  Then it comes into my subjective assessment.

If I think it's made in jest then I'll often just delete a post as I have done here, if I think it's serious then I issue formal warnings.

#20 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

If they still bank with natwest and are due to be paid sunday, they will have access to funds tomorrow but the statement will show creditng date as monday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users